SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15520 - 04/02/03 02:35 AM To all Equinox owners:
Equinox61_User Offline

Hi All,

Yesterday I wrote a small application that loads the Equinox OS binary dump into memory and makes all OS ROM Performances visible. Nice of course but not really exciting.
The good thing, however, is that it also offers the possibility to load an User performance and put it in one of the locations in the OS ROM file.
This gives the possibility to store User performances in the OS ROM file and these performances will then be written in the EPROM (if you load the OS)!

I have used this to put one of my own performances in the first ROM position (The Dream), so my own performance will now be loaded at startup!

The tool isn't yet on the Internet but I will bring it there in a few days, after completing some necessary documentation.
AND: It currently only supports the OS of the Equinox 61 - but if there are requests I can also easily enable it for the 76 and 88 models. The issue is that the OS sizes are different, and that I cannot verify the changed OS because I only have the 61.

My question is:
- how interested are you?

If nobody is interested, then I will leave the application as it is - just enough for my needs.

Your question might be:
- is it safe to do this?

I honestly don't know if it is safe. The only thing I know is that so far, it did not break my Equinox.

Just let me know your thoughts,

Equinox61_User

#15521 - 04/05/03 07:36 AM Re: To all Equinox owners:
JoostMerema Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Very nice job man! Myself, I have an Equinox88 Pro, so I cannot use this version. However, I would like to try it out. Is it also possible to replace the ROM sounds instead of the perfomances? That would be also be very interesting!

greetings,
Joost

#15522 - 04/07/03 07:45 AM Re: To all Equinox owners:
Equinox61_User Offline

Hi Joost,

Well - I have enabled the 76/88 models as well. I only have to write some documentation, as using it is not that easy.
I will try to put the application on the web this week.

I have been thinking about the sound patches too, but did not dive into it yet. You can imagine this stuff is time consuming :-)

Regards,

Equinox61_User

#15523 - 04/07/03 12:33 PM Re: To all Equinox owners:
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Equinox_61,

Congratulations for this work. I am not an owner of Equinox but I appreciate this productive creative work.

More power to you.

#15524 - 04/11/03 01:37 AM Re: To all Equinox owners:
Equinox61_User Offline

Hi All,

The download is there - have been out of business a while (illness).

You can get the thing at: http://home.rdnet.nl/dmoerman (you cannot miss the link :-)

This is a first version, I am still busy improving it.

NB: Carefully read the documentation... as said before, it is not very easy.

Regards,

Equinox61_User

[This message has been edited by Equinox61_User (edited 04-11-2003).]

#15525 - 04/14/03 02:42 AM Re: To all Equinox owners:
JoostMerema Offline

Loc: Netherlands
The program crashes in Windows XP Prof...

I'm sorry!

#15526 - 04/16/03 05:12 AM Re: To all Equinox owners:
Equinox61_User Offline

Hi,

When did the application crash? During install? Or after installation? Did it complain about missing DLL's or something like that?
I have developed it under XP SP1, and it ran under Win2003 RC2 successfully. But I might have forgotten something!

Regards,

Equinox61_User

#15527 - 04/17/03 02:03 AM Re: To all Equinox owners:
Equinox61_User Offline

Hi Joost,

I was just thinking last evening: maybe you loaded the Equin88.lz5 directly with the Load OS button? When I tried that, the application indeed crashed. But this is not the way you have to do this (at the moment) - first you have to run the LHA tool to extract the file in the Equin88.lz5 file.
Be sure to read the readme.rtf document (present in the installation folder).

But - the next feature will be that you directly can load the Equin88.lz5 (and other models as well), and that the LHA tool will be ran in the background.

Regards,

Equinox61_User

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online