SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#157798 - 01/11/04 08:27 PM Laptop on keyboard stand
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Hi All!
I was looking up on some of our veteran members' sites and saw the laptop placed with a separate attachment on the keyboard stand righyt above the keyboard. Are these kinds of stands available readily or did you have to custom make it. I am considering making one for myself. Perhaps you could help me on how to achieve this. Are there any designs or tips you may have. Would be helpful.
THANX
Sunny

#157799 - 01/12/04 07:09 AM Re: Laptop on keyboard stand
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You'll have to build it yourself, or have someone build one for you. Thus far, there are none on the market that I know of. If the music stand slot of the keyboard was not so unreilable, I would design one that would fit directly into the slot. Unfortunately, the stands that fit in the slot seem to work themselves out, even with just a lightweight music book on the stand. I'm working on a combination slot stand now, and with luck I'll have it done by the end of the month. This one will hold the laptop, two small Yamaha speakers and have a thin storage space for the power packs and surge protector inside. The entire stand should fit directly into the laptop case beneath the laptop. I post photos when it's completed.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#157800 - 01/12/04 07:29 AM Re: Laptop on keyboard stand
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Mine is a Quik Lok product, and works well on tubular stands with diameters of 28 or 30MM. The top part was made from USS parts, and it all stays attached in transit. I just loosen a few knobs, flip the arms around and tuck them into the sides. It's a one piece unit that offers stability, good looks and incorporates mic boom, L/T shelf and KB stand .... all in one. www.daveboydmusic.com

#157801 - 01/12/04 07:50 AM Re: Laptop on keyboard stand
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I use extra bars on my old tube stand to hold the laptop. I'll try to post photos on my website soon.
DonM

#157802 - 01/14/04 06:06 PM Re: Laptop on keyboard stand
Bob Gelman Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online