Laptop on keyboard stand

Posted by: sunster

Laptop on keyboard stand - 01/11/04 08:27 PM

Hi All!
I was looking up on some of our veteran members' sites and saw the laptop placed with a separate attachment on the keyboard stand righyt above the keyboard. Are these kinds of stands available readily or did you have to custom make it. I am considering making one for myself. Perhaps you could help me on how to achieve this. Are there any designs or tips you may have. Would be helpful.
THANX
Sunny
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Laptop on keyboard stand - 01/12/04 07:09 AM

You'll have to build it yourself, or have someone build one for you. Thus far, there are none on the market that I know of. If the music stand slot of the keyboard was not so unreilable, I would design one that would fit directly into the slot. Unfortunately, the stands that fit in the slot seem to work themselves out, even with just a lightweight music book on the stand. I'm working on a combination slot stand now, and with luck I'll have it done by the end of the month. This one will hold the laptop, two small Yamaha speakers and have a thin storage space for the power packs and surge protector inside. The entire stand should fit directly into the laptop case beneath the laptop. I post photos when it's completed.

Gary
Posted by: Uncle Dave

Re: Laptop on keyboard stand - 01/12/04 07:29 AM

Mine is a Quik Lok product, and works well on tubular stands with diameters of 28 or 30MM. The top part was made from USS parts, and it all stays attached in transit. I just loosen a few knobs, flip the arms around and tuck them into the sides. It's a one piece unit that offers stability, good looks and incorporates mic boom, L/T shelf and KB stand .... all in one. www.daveboydmusic.com
Posted by: DonM

Re: Laptop on keyboard stand - 01/12/04 07:50 AM

I use extra bars on my old tube stand to hold the laptop. I'll try to post photos on my website soon.
DonM
Posted by: Bob Gelman

Re: Laptop on keyboard stand - 01/14/04 06:06 PM

http://www.ultimatesupport.com/aframe.html

Bob