SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#155704 - 11/11/03 06:05 PM News from the PA1 X Pro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello guys,

Here in Belgium it is 2 hours AM and finally I have time to write something about this new KB (The health of my wife is going better...so less stress..)
My first impression over this new PA was moderate, but now after three days , I can assure that this new Korg is a real "beast" !
The styles are good and certain are "terrifics"..The different variations don't loose the original feel of the style and the mixing of the different tracks of the style is very good and give a natural "ensemble" sound (more natural that the SD1) It's more orchestral and gives a sensation of real band..

My doubt was the quality of the sounds.My first reaction was not so enthusiastic. The others KB have aftertouch but by the PA 1X it is a little different.
You have to play with another manner to have a good result, not only hit a key. For example, for acoustic guitar you have to hit harder and harder, to hear the different layers of the multisample!
You understand me ?
It's like the megavoices of the Tyros, but you can do that in real time with the Korg
The sequencer is very easy to use (far better than Yamaha) and the quick record is very user-fiendly (overdubbing is very easy).

I made some demos and hope send their for the end of this week
Believe me, this harmonica is fantastic...When you hit the keys with the appropriated manner you can hear the vibrations of the thin strips and the blow in the instrument ...(understand ?)
So, it is now three a 'clock, it's time to me to go to bed because tomorrow I have to work a 8 a'clock...

Greetings,
JJ

#155705 - 11/13/03 01:27 PM Re: News from the PA1 X Pro
silvan29 Offline

I also bought the Korg Pa1X Pro yesterday. I almost spend all day long playing it.
I still have my Ketron SD1 too like you. I am also pianist and I must say the Keyboard of SD1 and Pa1X are almost the same. My SD1 is 2 years old so of course not anymore same as new, but as I remember it was like the Korg one. (The best Keyboard Keys I ever played where the G800 ones).
I will try to record some MP3 and post them here sometimes.
The Pa1X crashed "freezed" only one time today. I always had this problems with every Keboard in Version 1.0 (Roland, Ketron, Korg,...). So I don't worry anymore ;-)

#155706 - 11/13/03 07:28 PM Re: News from the PA1 X Pro
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
You guys are lucky to be playing your new keyboards! It will be nice to hear and mp3, if you can find the time. And also you should try to get some sleep.

Tom G.

#155707 - 11/14/03 06:54 AM Re: News from the PA1 X Pro
New Yorker Offline

Loc: St. Petersburg, Russia
Anyone has info on add-on boards and what are the exact sounds are there? I can't details anywhere on the internet.

I assume they are the same boards as for pa-80 or am i wrong?

#155708 - 11/14/03 12:28 PM Re: News from the PA1 X Pro
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello silvan,
I'm glad you have also a PA 1 X pro , so I'm not alone
I wish you will be happy withe your new keyboard and the old SD1.....

Hello TOM,
Thanks for your kins words...I promise , this week-end I'll try to post some MP3's demos from the new Korg

New Yorker,

I had never play the PA 80 , so I can not say that the sounds are the same ...I'm sorry

Greetings,
JJ

#155709 - 11/15/03 04:49 AM Re: News from the PA1 X Pro
seanbaker Offline

can you 1xpro owners tell me about the piano and sax sounds? the demos online don't paint a good picture of the solo saxes or the piano. when i look at the voice list thought there are several pianos and saxes. are any of the others any better? Is there a chance one of the saxes might be closer to yamaha's sweet saxes. is there a better piano than the one's on the demos? please send demos if possible

#155710 - 11/15/03 05:14 AM Re: News from the PA1 X Pro
silvan29 Offline

About the Sounds:

I'm professional pianist...what should I say about the piano sounds...mmm...if you need a solo piano sound you will never be happy with a Keyboard. KORG is also selling Digital Pianos... so they will never put a good piano in a Arranger. Personally I expectet more from the Piano Sound in the Pa1XPro. But you find GUITARS! They sound really AMAZING!

#155711 - 11/15/03 05:18 AM Re: News from the PA1 X Pro
silvan29 Offline

I just want to say something about the 62 polyphon voices: it is NOT enough! If I play a Style with Guitars in back as arrangement I have no chance to play the Grand Piano Sound with Sustain! :-(

#155712 - 11/15/03 05:34 AM Re: News from the PA1 X Pro
silvan29 Offline

Oh you asked also about the saxes... no comment. Look at the face of a saxofon player (my sister) when you play the keyboard and then you understand.

#155713 - 11/15/03 06:28 AM Re: News from the PA1 X Pro
sbenno Offline

silvan29 wrote: "I'm professional pianist...what should I say about the piano sounds...mmm...if you need a solo piano sound you will never be happy with a Keyboard. KORG is also selling Digital Pianos... so they will never put a good piano in a Arranger. Personally I expectet more from the Piano Sound in the Pa1XPro. .... I just want to say something about the 62 polyphon voices: it is NOT enough! If I play a Style with Guitars in back as arrangement I have no chance to play the Grand Piano Sound with Sustain! :-( "

Hmmm, perhaps this keyboard will solve these problems ? http://www.lionstracs.com/index.php?module=Static_Docs&func=view&f=/specs.html
:-)

How about playing a 2GB chromatically sampled piano with 16 layers pedal up/down directly from disk with no polyphony bottlenecks and this while your other full arrangment is played by the style player or MIDI player ?

Polyphony is a word that a Mediastation X-76 owner will quickly forget.

See ya at the NAMM to verify that my claims are not hot air :-)

Fear the penguin (the linux mascot :-) ).

cheers,
Benno

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online