Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#153798 - 11/15/06 01:30 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Dikki
I agree totally with you!
Fortunatly the Mediastation Standard 32bit cost only 2600 Euro and you can play the Giga and Vst too, about half price than one T2....
Maybe will cost less buy one complete MS standard that one laptop, display, audio card, midi-keyboard and all the missing auiod-midi tools that you maybe can not configure for live gig's.

#153799 - 11/15/06 01:31 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Dnj Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B]Question: with all these VST, software programs & such that are included......what about the licencing & registration for these programs....does the buyer have do it or is it included by Liontracks?

Does anyone know ?

#153800 - 11/15/06 01:41 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B]Question: with all these VST, software programs & such that are included......what about the licencing & registration for these programs....does the buyer have do it or is it included by Liontracks?

Does anyone know ?

Dnj
All the Linux OS instaled in the MS is under GPL license, it mean Free.
All the GIGA sounds that we included in the Sounbank are totally developed from my sound enginers and Lionstracs Propiety.

B4 license is installed only in the Pro Models, where we have already buy before a package with different number license to use.
The two big GIG piano we have buy the one time license too and we can install when we like.
All the remain VST installed are FREE to use.
IF you like have Kontak2, Gigastudio, Roland Hypercanvas..... you have to buy the original and install it.

I dont think that with the good price of the Mediastation we MUST install 5/10K of software just for make some one happy...

If you like the Ferrari, you have to buy it, you cant find it for some Cents..

#153801 - 11/15/06 01:45 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
Dnj Offline

OK Thanx Domenico I understand now ......the Mediastation gets more exciting every day !!!!!!

Ciao

#153802 - 11/15/06 02:12 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Dikki
The conversion from UK Pounds for the Abacus is $10,200
The Ikarus is $8200

Bill

#153803 - 11/15/06 02:14 PM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
abacus Offline

Hello All
I have started a new thread for the Wersi OAS Instruments, as where going a bit OT at the moment.

Bill
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/014461.html

[This message has been edited by abacus (edited 11-15-2006).]

#153804 - 11/16/06 05:38 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
I must say I really admire your product! I wish I could afford one It sounds amazing.

I have a little technical question. I downloaded the demo cd, and I watched the videos where the guy takes the thing apart. From what I can see it's basically a PC with a touch screen LCD and 3 big custom boards. What I'm wondering is, does the keyboard (the Fatar keys) require any special interface to connect to the computer inside? or can it be hooked up to any motherboard with a standard connection? (serial, paralell, usb, etc..)? I was thinking of maybe modding a computer case and fit it with a small 49 key keyboard and use that as my DAW.

Doc-Z

#153805 - 11/16/06 07:04 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
jonesyboy Offline

Well MS is here - early thoughts? WOW!!!! This is seriously great kit...Sounds are excellent, build quality - very very good and early impressions are very good indeed....styles ok - The usability doesn't seem as hard as I first thought it would be - and as for Lionstracs service - it continues to amaze, Dominek was on to me straight away to make sure I had received it ok and to see if I needed any help - superb service.
I will post a fuller review and my own opinions in due course but for now - it is money well worth spending,
Mark

#153806 - 11/16/06 10:00 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
abacus Offline

Hello Lionstracs
I have posted more info on the Wersi OAS instruments in the new thread I have created; (See previous post) it also includes some pictures and demo of the New Open Art Arranger Software that is due out next month.
Enjoy

Bill

#153807 - 11/16/06 11:25 AM Re: Lionstracs Mediastation Review
OZ Offline

Because here is Lionstracs Mediastation Review I can remark that good things of styles in Mediastation are:

WAV in STYLE:

If I copy part of drum loop inside in styles. I use this loop at 120 bmp. Than I only change tempo to 140 bmp and drum loop is playing 140 bmp - faster. I can also use same loop for 80 bmp. Exactly I can do what I want. Same thing is with other complete part of song. You can play it as arranger. A lot of presentations are made there about this part.

STEINBERG VIRTUAL GUITARIST
I try few minutes ago STEINBERG VIRTUAL GUITARIST in style of LIONSTRACS MS. I can tell you that this is now working well. Please you can try.

I hope STEINBERG will not be angry on me. Because someone gave me wrong information that VIRTUAL GUITARIST is not working in LINUX.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online