I'm sorry to hear about that.
Saving everything that is in RAM to the hard drive is very simple:
1. Press the Disk button and select RAM from the right side of the display.
2. Make sure that RAMFILE is highlighted in the left column
3. Select SAVE form the upper right side of the display and press Enter
4. Select New Folder from the lower left of the display
5. Name the new folder (If you want the content of this folder to load automatically if the battery has been depleted, name the file AUTOLOAD) and press Enter.
6. You will see the newly created and named folder appear in the folder list and it will be highlighted. Press Enter to save the RAM contents to this folder.
Thatís it. It will take all of about 30 seconds and your data will be safely on the hard drive. If you want the added assurance of having a back-up copy on CD, press the Make CD button, select Data CD, press Enter and located the folder containing your data. Press ADD to place the folder in the CD Layout and then press Create CD and Enter twice. Wait for the CD tray to open and close and then you can remove the CD and keep it in a safe place.
------------------Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
GEM Community Forums