Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#15172 - 07/24/06 12:01 PM LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Group,

Where are you guys hiding out?

Just in case you're interested. I have had my XP for 1 month and 10 days. I could not figure out how to get the XP to remember the last style, or last sound I had usedd. If I changed from "Slow Swing" in the Jazz family, and went to say the World family, when I returned to the Jazz group nothing was highlighted. This was also the case when I used sound presets and style presets. Nothing would be remembered.

WELL! Here's how to solve this. By the way, this is in the manual, but it is very obscure. (p. 108).

From the main screen:
Select the SYSTEM button on the left.
From the SYSTEM SETTINGS SCREEN Choose DISPLAY CONTROLS. (Function G).
To the right of the area thet says LAST SET MEMORY you will most likely see the word OFF, If you have not already set this function. Use the cursor key to tab down to this slot, and using the dial turn this function to ON.

Regards,
Don

#15173 - 07/24/06 01:22 PM Re: LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello Don,
Thanks for the info - keep it coming.
I turned my XP on for the second time in over a month. I have a help session appointment with the dealer on Wed. to clear up some issues. When I turned it on, all of the user styles were gone and I had to redo the midi settings and I'm frankly, lost. I still haven't received the disk that I assume has the resources to reload.
What's the word on the pedals?!? I was hoping that I'd be using the XP on gigs by now ...arrrgghh. I changed my goal date to jobs starting with my Aug. 3, gig. So, the push is on. Get ready for a load of questions gang.
Giovanni, have you used the XP out yet?
How about you Don? Anybody? I'd like to know how it was navigating the board in the heat of a gig?
Ciao,
Jerry

#15174 - 07/24/06 07:36 PM Re: LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Hi Don & Jerry

What did you guys get for disks with your XP? There should have been two of them.

The XP has battery backed memory and will lose all settings unless it is turned on every few days or so. I back up the system RAM to the HD so I only have to do a restore from the hard drive when the unit has not been used in a while.

I've not had mine on in 6 weeks because of moving and getting settled in. I do hope you are enjoying your XP's If you only got one disk by all means call General music in Chicago ASAP for your missing disks.

Jerry

#15175 - 07/25/06 06:17 AM Re: LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
donpatt Offline

Jerry and Jerry,

Jerry T. you should be able to reload the user styles from the HD. I had to do that when I first received the XP and again when I reset it for some reason. The 2 disk set that is supposed to come with the XPs are on order, I don't know when we will get them. I made sure GEM had my name and address on file.

The PEDAL POOP! If you call Generalmusic US and give them a credit card, they are supposed to be getting a shipment of pedals(a limited supply) in about a month or so. I ordered two. WE WILL SEE.

Don

#15176 - 07/25/06 06:44 AM Re: LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
Mainer Offline

Guys if you give me your address I will burn you a copy of my disks and send it tomorrow.

Jerry

#15177 - 07/25/06 06:45 AM Re: LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
Anonymous
Unregistered

**UPDATED WITH CORRECT PHONE NUMBER**

Hi guys,

Regarding the CD’s;
Here is what I have found out. The songs and additional styles have been placed on the hard drive eliminating the need for that CD. Since there will surely be operating system updates to come, it seemed like a waste to include a CD containing an O/S that would most likely be an older version by the time it got to in the hands of the customer. Software updates are made available for download from the headquarters website.

Regarding User Styles, Presets, Memories, System/MIDI settings, etc;
It is very handy to save the entire contents of RAM (containing your custom settings and data) to the hard drive. It is very easy to do.
1. Press the Disk button and select RAM from the left side of the display.
2. Highlight the word RAMFILE in the left column if it is not already highlighted.
3. Select SAVE from the right side of the display.
4. At this point I suggest creating and naming a new folder by selecting that option from the lower left of the display.
HINT: If you name the new folder AUTOLOAD then if the back-up battery has been depleted, the contents of the AUTOLOAD folder will be loaded automatically.

Regarding the Multi-Pedal;
After many e-mails regarding this pedal, I have been able to get Italy to see the importance of us having these at a reasonable price. Please contact our office at 630-766-8230 to place an order with a credit card. These pedals are due to arrive in late September but we need to get the orders in now because our offices in Italy close for the month of August.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 07-26-2006).]

#15178 - 07/25/06 09:14 AM Re: LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
Mainer Offline

From Dave

HINT: If you name the new folder AUTOLOAD then if the back-up battery has been depleted, the contents of the AUTOLOAD folder will be loaded automatically.

Thank you that is cool!!!!!

Jerry

#15179 - 07/25/06 12:30 PM Re: LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Folks , I've not touched the XP for a few weeks , We are having a heat wave here in the UK . With the hottest days on record .
So I've been spending my spare time on my boat on the norfolk Broads "an area of rivers and canals of natural beauty " Broads in the UK does not have the same meaning as in the USA !!!!!
Thanks for the great tips from Don , Mainer and of course Dave !!!.
Am I missing something because I can't remember reading all these tips in the manual !!!
I'll print them out and keep them for later in the official manual !!as a reminder!!
I have a question how do I make the harmony effect on the expander work ?
Technics called their's Technichord and if you played a chord in the chord section of the bass of the accordion it put 3 or 4 part harmony to a single note played in the right hand treble of the Accordion !!

I've saved one style only in the memory so far a samba disco suitable for "El Cumbanchero "
I'll go switch the gear on to see if it is all still saved !!

I thought I would get to grips with the XP much quicker but it operates in a different way to the Technics brand and will take some getting used to.

I've had advice from the designer of the Concerto and it looks that I will have to set up special memory registrations on the Concerto when playing the Xp .

I'll keep you all informed .
Very shortly I'm going to convert some of my great Technics Glenn Miller styles to XP Expander format to see if they work .
As I've not found any to my liking on the XP .
Or am I just looking in the wrong places !!!!!
I need to have the "in the Mood " style with the authentic intro & Ending of Glenn miller !! I'm sure you all know want I mean !!

Regards to you all from a Very Hot sunny Norfolk England ...........Giovanni

#15180 - 07/25/06 01:53 PM Re: LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Giovanni:

I have a question how do I make the harmony effect on the expander work ?
Technics called their's Technichord and if you played a chord in the chord section of the bass of the accordion it put 3 or 4 part harmony to a single note played in the right hand treble of the Accordion !!

Hi Giovanni,

The Harmony function should kick in when you press the Harmony button within the Sound Controls section to the right of the display. If the accordion is triggering the chord recognition section of the accompaniment section and is also playing live sounds from the Genesys, then as far as I can tell, the harmony should work.

I am using the Piano Mode of MIDI Setup, which means that the Genesys XP only needs one incoming MIDI channel (Channel 1 by default) and everything works just as if the keyboard was built-in. Since you are using one of the accordion MIDI Setups, things may be a little different in the way the Harmony function is triggered. Please let me know what MIDI Setup mode you are using and what MIDI channels are being sent from your accordion.

Best Regards,

Dave

PS- HERE is a manual addendum that will point out the new O/S features which you may find useful.

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 07-25-2006).]

#15181 - 07/26/06 09:20 AM Re: LAST SET MEMORY FOR XP
donpatt Offline

Hi Giovanni,\

I wonder what program you use to converrt styles? I've never done that before. I hear people talking about EMC Style Works but I know nothing about this.

Don

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online