SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#150867 - 09/29/03 11:33 AM Saving new mic settings on psr2100
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah! Thanks to all the great help here, I think I finally have the "beeeeP" sound gone out of the mic/vocals! Tweaking the mic equalizer, after resetting was key.

How do I save all this? In a registration??

Thanks AGAIN!

Jill

#150868 - 09/29/03 11:49 AM Re: Saving new mic settings on psr2100
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by jillhumb:
How do I save all this? In a registration?? Jill

Hi Jill: Great to hear that you were able to get rid of that annoying beep. Yes, mic settings can be saved and are recalled via Registration Memory. Just remember to make sure that the Reg Memory Contents Window's: 'mic settings' group select box is checked before saving to Registration Memory. This window is accessed by pressing the 'Memory' button. - Scott

#150869 - 09/29/03 12:01 PM Re: Saving new mic settings on psr2100
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you DON'T check the boxes, the registrations won't change the mic settings, but they will remain as you left them.
I prefer to not save them to registration so I can "tweak" them from time to time, in case I change mics or something, and they will remain that way when I change registrations.
In other words, the keyboard will remember your mic settings without saving to registration.
DonM

#150870 - 09/29/03 12:05 PM Re: Saving new mic settings on psr2100
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Don I set the first registration to all my mic and harmonizer settings ,then as you said do not save the settings in the remaining registrations.

#150871 - 09/29/03 12:34 PM Re: Saving new mic settings on psr2100
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
the keyboard will remember your mic settings without saving to registration.
DonM

Don: Hmmm, my keyboards (Tyros/PSR2000) won't remember the mic settings once the keyboard is turned OFF, so . . .

as Fran Carango does, I include my custom mic settings in a 'default registration file' (and which includes all my keyboard's other preferred settings as well) which I always have to remember to load right after turning on my keyboard. For all other subsequently loaded registration files, I typically (as DonM suggests) leave the Reg Memory Content's 'mic settings' box UNCHECKED. - Scott

#150872 - 09/29/03 12:39 PM Re: Saving new mic settings on psr2100
Anonymous
Unregistered

On this new reg, I only saved the mic settings, and vocalizer settings. Is this when I use the "freeze" ??? to keep these settings, no matter what other regs I pull up?

One other question, which I'm pretty sure I know???, but, is the type of fingering (full, single, etc) able to be saved by song or in a registration, or is it just a global setting??

Jill

[This message has been edited by jillhumb (edited 09-29-2003).]

#150873 - 09/29/03 12:57 PM Re: Saving new mic settings on psr2100
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jillhumb:
is the type of fingering (full, single, etc) able to be saved by song or in a registration, or is it just a global setting??

Jill: The 'fingering type' selection is stored in Registration Memory, in the Memory Content's 'Style' Group. Make sure the 'Style' box is checked of course. I like to include this in my default registration file.

#150874 - 09/29/03 06:44 PM Re: Saving new mic settings on psr2100
Anonymous
Unregistered

thanks scott-
this will be an important issue for me, as most of what I currently have saved, varies between "full" and ""A1"

But question arises - if a song was saved (on floppy), would that particular song save the keyboard settings?

Thanks!

Jill

[This message has been edited by jillhumb (edited 09-29-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online