SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149842 - 06/14/03 06:59 AM PA80 dual mic inputs
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I took a 4 piece band out last weekend on two occasions, and had to amplify another singer and a sax player. Since my mixer is only 4 channels, and I have it neatly filled with all my requirements, I decided to give the Korg as shot as a sub mixer.

I put the sax mic, and the other singer's mic directly into the PA80 and used the vocal board's EQ and effects. - BEAUTIFUL !
My mic went direct to the Digitech, and since it was a large party, I had plenty of "oomph" to listen too, and didn't miss the on board monitor. ( I actually shut off the speakers, because I didn't want sax in my face all night - sorry Boo )
Yup - you heard me right. I shut off the speakers. (I drarely do this, but the volume was such that the on board system was a non factor anyway, and I DID miss the closeness of the sound)

The submix solution was a winner, and in the future, I will have 2 extra mic inputs when needed. Of course, the other singer could not use the harmony, because it would trigger the switch for the sax as well, but hey - nothing's a perfect solution.

All I wanted to say was this:
The PA80 has a great dual mic preamp built in, and it works as it should, and sounds as good (or better) than any other mic input out there. I was pleasantly surprised ..... but only a little. I really EXPECTED it to be fine. Nice when it all works out.

Happy Fathers day to us !

#149843 - 06/14/03 09:07 AM Re: PA80 dual mic inputs
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
UD,
Glad to hear for the pa80 mic inputs

I use it too and I am satisfied with for my personal mic.
Do you know if we can use the vocal board's EQ and effects separately for each input?

STAM

#149844 - 06/14/03 11:28 PM Re: PA80 dual mic inputs
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You can separate the EQ from ONE input only, by selecting 1-voc board, 2-int effects. That's the only way I see it possible. Both mic inputs are routed to the harmony board if you chose the 1&2 setting.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online