SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#137458 - 06/10/03 09:38 PM Genesys Pro now in the USA
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Generalmusic told me that my first Genesys Pro will be shipped tomorrow and be on it's way to my store in Southern California. I should have it early next week. I've been told that there will be a larger hard drive in this new model without the speakers and weighing much less than the genesys with speakers.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#137459 - 06/10/03 10:31 PM Re: Genesys Pro now in the USA
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I couldn't find a pic of the new Genesys Pro on General Music's (GEM) website:
http://www.generalmusic.com/

yet found a picture of it here:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM03/Content/Generalmusic/PR/Genesys-Pro.html

It's interesting to note that GEM decided to call the fewer note 61 key Genesys version (and with NO speakers) the 'Pro' version, and also that the cabinet dimensions of both the 76 Genesys & 61 note Genesys Pro are pretty much the same Other than this, do the Genesys & Genesys Pro include the same identical styles, sounds, and features?

Being that I currently love my 61 note Yamaha Tyros, and which also doesn't include 'built in' speakers, the Genesys Pro looks appealing as an alternate brand keyboard worth considering, as the primary reason I had passed on the 76 Genesys was it's weight (nearly 60 lbs).

I'm now anxious now to find out exactly how much the new Genesys Pro weighs. George (or anybody else): Can you fill us in on this?

Thanks,

Scott

#137460 - 06/10/03 11:45 PM Re: Genesys Pro now in the USA
Anonymous
Unregistered

How much will it cost, and when do you expect to have it for sale?

#137461 - 06/11/03 06:21 AM Re: Genesys Pro now in the USA
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
After looking at the picture I have to say that's a pretty big body for not having any speakers.... The should have brought the screen down quite a bit and moved the buttons out a little more.. That's my opinion..

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#137462 - 06/11/03 07:41 AM Re: Genesys Pro now in the USA
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
The Genesys was never a 76 key model. Both models are 61 keys. The price for the pro should be around $3000.00. The reason I say "should be" around is because Generalmusic has not established a Suggested Retail Price. Most of their other products have Suggested Retail Prices but they chose to not put one on the Genesys. I prefer a Retail Price because when buyer calls different stores in different areas, they hear all kinds of prices which makes it confusing. In todays market, and with smart internet shoppers, a standard retail price, and then a dealers discount if they choose to give one, makes more sense. Using Technics system of charging whatever "your" market allows for, is not, in my opinion, the way to market products in the year 2003. This is just my opinion and I'm only one independent music store.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#137463 - 06/11/03 08:51 AM Re: Genesys Pro now in the USA
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
The Genesys was never a 76 key model. Both models are 61 keys.

I guess it's been too long ago now that I had auditioned the Genesys (NAMM 02), and the reason I had assumed the Genesys was 76 keys was because of it's extreme weight, as it's hard to imagine any 61 keyboard weighing THAT much.

It's clear that GEM, labeling this 'mute' keyboard as the Genesys 'PRO', that they are targeting it to the Pro (professional) market. I'm sure this will 'stir up' the pot around here.

It seems to me (from the pic) that the Genesys PRO & Yamaha Tyros share a similar look & layout design. Btw: Does the Genesys Pro include a tilt and/or color LCD screen? More importantly, how do their styles/sounds compare? George: It would be great to read 'side by side' shoot out comparison review of these keyboards someday.

Scott

#137464 - 06/12/03 08:30 AM Re: Genesys Pro now in the USA
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I couldn't find a pic of the new Genesys Pro on General Music's (GEM) website:
http://www.generalmusic.com/

yet found a picture of it here:
http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM03/Content/Generalmusic/PR/Genesys-Pro.html

Not only do you not find a picture on the GeneralMusic site but I couldn't find ANY info on their site about the Genesys Pro. Zip, Zilch, Nada, Goose Egg! How can a Company start selling a Keyboard (in the USA no less)[were talking Italian company here, selling to Europe and outlying areas FIRST] and they don't even have info about the Keyboard on their Web site? This is not only for Paul's ears but Steve Deming of Yamaha in regards to the PSR 1100/2100. Suppose, just suppose, I happened to purchase a Genesys Pro or PSR 1100/2100, [which are NOW shipping worldwide], and I wanted to find some info on my Keyboard on the Manufacturers web site. Couldn't do it. No way, no where, no how, no no, no, no no, no no no. Nothing... "insert void here". Befuddled, bewildered, and bemused. Wake up call!!!!!

Best regards,
Mike

#137465 - 06/12/03 08:59 AM Re: Genesys Pro now in the USA
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Here is a link to Yamaha's Advanced Portable keyboards, which has features and specs on PSR1100 and PSR2100: http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/List/ModelSeriesListLE/0,6583,CTID%253D205500%2526CNTYP%253DPRODUCT%2526VNM%253DLIVE%2526AFLG%253DY%2526LGFL%253DN,00.html
Starkeeper

#137466 - 06/13/03 07:34 AM Re: Genesys Pro now in the USA
Idatrod Offline

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. They must have read my thoughts because that info was NOT on their web site a day prior to my original post Starkeeper. Now if only Paul D would urge his Web Page Master to do the same.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by Idatrod (edited 06-13-2003).]

#137467 - 06/13/03 08:27 AM Re: Genesys Pro now in the USA
Idatrod Offline

Also Yammie has the layout wrong on their web site. I have to actually "scroll" my browser 'down' to begin reading the info about the PSR 2100. It's the same way with the PSR 2000 page. And I have a 19" monitor screen! Just think what it is like for someone with a 15" monitor screen! Unneccessary and inconvenient to say the least. Another thing about Yamaha's layout. It is very confusing and anybody without a high speed connection is in for a long waiting time for the page[s] to load.

PS: SPECS: PSR 2000, 23.1 lbs. -- PSR 2100 23.2 lbs. I guess the difference is because of the extra Flash Memory and Wav ROM. I would be the first in line to get the PSR 2100 if I didn't already have a PSR 2000. It sure has the looks to be a great Mid Range Arranger Keyboard. I am sure there will be definite improvement in some of the Voices category.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online