SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149734 - 01/21/04 08:39 PM HDM2 oddessy
Beakybird Offline

As you know, my HDM2 hard drive system for the PSR2100 broke on New Years Eve. I sent an email to the seller in the Ukraine. After two days I didn't get a reply.

I called the Ukraine, and was told in halting English that he would read my email the next day. The next day I didn't get an email so I called again. I was told that he would answer my email the next day. I didn't get an email the next day.

I had a Russian friend call. He told my friend that he was on vacation, that he had read my email, and that he would email me the next day.

Two days later I got an email. I was instructed to contact the other seller in Germany and arrange to ship the malfunctioning unit to him. Why it took a week for me to get this message irks and mystifies me.

I shipped the unit to Germany and included $20 extra saying that the extra money was included so that the unit would be shipped expeditiously.

I got an email saying that $20 is not enough. I replied, wait a second, this is a defective product. Most manufacturers ship the product back for free. I'm sending $20 out of good will so I can get my product back speedily. He replied, no problem, I'll ship it on Monday.

He shipped it parcel post - from Eastern Germany. I'll probably get it around the same time the PSR3000 comes out.

Unless you're desperate, don't deal with these clowns. If you have an arranger that doesn't allow a hard drive, and you really want one, wait for the PSR3000.

Beakybird

#149735 - 01/21/04 08:44 PM Re: HDM2 oddessy
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
You certainly showed great optimism, patience and tenacity through the whole ordeal...and a lot more faith in the seller than I could have. Sorry it didn't work out.
Eddie

#149736 - 01/22/04 06:10 AM Re: HDM2 oddessy
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry,

I was really hoping the device would work out for you, but deep down inside I had a gut feeling that this outfit was gonna' be unreliable. If you recall, early in the game, when the first notices came out, I emailed them both as well on several occasions. I never got a response and gave up on them.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#149737 - 01/22/04 08:34 AM Re: HDM2 oddessy
Beakybird Offline

Yeah. The product is excellent. It does the trick. The sellers will send you the product if you send them the money. They will honor the warranty.

But they are very aggravating to deal with. They must follow some Eastern European sales model. My Russian friend told me that when she called the Ukraine to help me sort things out, the man sounded drunk - and it was 9:30 in the morning over there. I'm sure that they have lost a lot of sales from not responding to emails and requiring money transfers instead of credit card transactions.

I am getting used to using floppies again.

I will be looking forward to getting the HDM2 back, but I am so happy that the PSR3000 is coming out - in May according to Yamaha's press release. Then I won't have to deal with these drunken Ukranians.

Beakybird

#149738 - 01/22/04 09:12 AM Re: HDM2 oddessy
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Larry, really sorry to hear about all the hell you've been thru with the HDM2 and the terrible service you got to boot. I agree that the PSR3000 (with smart media storage) will provide a far better storage/access solution. Can't wait to read your feedback on the PSR3000, as I'm sure you're going to be among the first on the forum to purchase one. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online