SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14915 - 09/26/00 05:50 PM Help! WK6 warning / error messages
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been very pleased with my WK6 which I have owned for 6 months. However, while attempting (3 times) to sequence a song last night, I repeatedly received a "Song Error 4". Later, I received a "Memory Optimizing" warning twice, and lost my song twice. Previously in the week, I received an error message in Italian, which I could not read. There is no info regarding warning / error messages in my owner's manual. I have tonight sent an e-mail to GEM. I am worried that something terrible is wrong - can anyone help?

------------------
Debbie in NC

#14916 - 09/26/00 06:53 PM Re: Help! WK6 warning / error messages
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
i own a wk8 wich's allmost the same as wk6 but i've never experienced something like that however i use cakewalk to do my recording not the keyboard sequencer,i suspect something wrong with the operating system,make sur you have the latest one which is dated [June 28th, 2000]
,or dowload a new one for the GEM site and install it ,this could resolve your problem.
let us know what happens.
later
eddy

#14917 - 09/27/00 09:43 AM Re: Help! WK6 warning / error messages
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Hello,

Please send me the message in Itallian. I might help. Also as Eddy suggested, make sure you have the latest operating system for your keyboard. Make sure you backup everything before you load the new OS.

By the way, how much memory you have? Do you have hard disk? Can you display how much free memory and what do you have equipped?

#14918 - 09/28/00 01:45 PM Re: Help! WK6 warning / error messages
jayjay Offline

so how did it go?
jay

#14919 - 09/28/00 06:33 PM Re: Help! WK6 warning / error messages
Anonymous
Unregistered

The results are in - I contacted the dealer who in turn contacted General Music. They suggested clearing the memory, which I did. When I began sequencing again, the same thing happened (keyboard rebooted and the message "optimizing memory" came up). I then decided to reload the operating system. That still did not work. Another suggestion from the dealer was that perhaps one of the sounds I was using contained a filter which is taking up a tremendous amount of room. That's my next thing to try. Luckily, tonight I was able to complete the piece I was working on by saving it to a floppy disk every couple of measures - what a pain! I'll probably take a trip to the dealer next week with keyboard in hand! Thanks for your listening ear and suggestions - I'm glad I found this site.

------------------
Debbie in NC

#14920 - 09/29/00 10:43 AM Re: Help! WK6 warning / error messages
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Debbie,
keep us all posted. As you may know, that wk8/6 and Sk880/sk760 have all the same engine which is based on the wk4.

By the way, how much backed ram do you have?

I thought that upgrading to 8meg of backed ram is big time worth it but again, they should fix your problem first.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online