SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14672 - 08/21/00 07:50 PM Why Did You Buy Generalmusic?
Smitty Offline

Loc: Holtwood, PA. USA
Just wondered what turned you on to your GM and if you could do it all over again, would you? The price to feature ratio is incredible, How are the sounds on the Equinox compared to Roland,Ensoniq and the others? I record and do live performance. Is the board good for this?

#14673 - 09/05/00 09:40 AM Re: Why Did You Buy Generalmusic?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
I wanted a proffesional arranger keyboard that has 88 weighted keys.

If I have to repeat everything, I would buy wk8+P80 instead of one instrument.

The reason for this is because sk880 is very heavy and the piano sound is not that good compared to P80.

But in general I am very happy for the support and features of my keyboard... OTHER THAN THE PIANO SOUND and the heavy weight. *smile*

#14674 - 09/06/00 08:18 PM Re: Why Did You Buy Generalmusic?
Smitty Offline

Unfortunately, I probably use my piano sound more than any other- thanks for your comments. The weight doesnt bother me, I lift a VERY heavy rack every time I play, so whats one more little keyboard gonna hurt.I wonder since there are so many samples in the equinox and it also reads akai samples and others as well from what I hear, it would only make sense that there must be a good piano sound out there somewhere.

#14675 - 09/07/00 11:21 AM Re: Why Did You Buy Generalmusic?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Smitty,

Yes. There must be a good piano sound that you can load from either Akai, kurzweil... it even accepts wave files. I have not tried any sample but I would like to do so if there is a good one. I have to try it before buying it.

#14676 - 09/08/00 08:35 PM Re: Why Did You Buy Generalmusic?
Smitty Offline

I didnt know it accepted wave files too, I think with all that capability the sky would be the limit in terms of sounds.

------------------
Smitty

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online