SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#148837 - 06/18/07 07:22 PM Met fellow Synthzoner tonight
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

My wife and I met Randy Sherwood (saxxman) from Nicevielle, FL, tonight playing tenor sax at the monthly Jazz Gumbo sponsored by the Pensacola Jazz Society.

Once I saw Randy's name listed as a band member on the Jazz Society page, I knew I had to go and Jen made arrangements at work to change her hours.

At break time I walked up and asked if he was Randy. Once he said that it was him, without introducing myself I said pointing to his sax, that that sure didn't look like a Tyros 2. The look on his face was perfect for his response, which was, "what"? I then repeated that, and he said, you're not Scott Langholff are you. We both had a good laugh.

We previously had been in contact by email a number of times.

He is really a nice fellow and plays a great sax. Very nice sound and style.

We enjoyed comparing notes about equipment, gigging, Synthzone etc.

It was great to hear and meet him. The sextet sounded terrific.

It's nice to meet other SZer's. Randy being # 2. Jen and I met Gary Diamond and his wife a few years ago when he was swinging through the South.

Best
Scott
http://ScottLMusic.com

#148838 - 06/21/07 03:14 PM Re: Met fellow Synthzoner tonight
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Scott! Wow! Thanks for the kind words! As I said at the gig, I am a sax player by trade, and that is where my zen has been. But the arrangers are a new avenue and I am continually amazed at the quality and sounds of today's keyboards. I have used the Tyros 2 on several solo gigs and it always adds some variety.

I enjoyed meeting you and Jen as well and thanks for the great advice on the P.A. situation. I look forward to seeing you both again!

Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#148839 - 06/22/07 04:24 AM Re: Met fellow Synthzoner tonight
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Hello

It's nice to meet other SZer's. Randy being # 2. Jen and I met Gary Diamond and his wife a few years ago when he was swinging through the South.

Best
Scott
http://ScottLMusic.com

Scott, nothing like it for sure. I had never met tonymads despite the fact he lives maybe 10 miles away. We met here at SZ and have met up a number of times at either his or my gig. He's got a gig coming up the first week of July and my wife and I hope to go hear him play.

At some point I'd like to head down to South Jersy and catch up with DNJ.........Atlantic City is nearby so who knows, but it is on the list of to do.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 06-22-2007).]

#148840 - 06/22/07 12:39 PM Re: Met fellow Synthzoner tonight
Dnj Offline

Steve your table is always ready on the Dance floor baby!

Meeting other players is one of my most enjoyable things to do ...on a road trip or in my own backyard,
chewin' the fat...talking shop.....watching each other perform, absorbing tricks and tips is what its all about!!!
Dont wait for it to happen life is too short...MAKE IT HAPPEN...I've done it many times with many SZoners & many others too..You Wont regret it!

------------------

Donny

“ Choose a job you Love, and you will Never have to Work a day in your life! ”

#148841 - 06/23/07 01:52 AM Re: Met fellow Synthzoner tonight
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Steve your table is always ready on the Dance floor baby!

Meeting other players is one of my most enjoyable things to do ...on a road trip or in my own backyard,
chewin' the fat...talking shop.....watching each other perform, absorbing tricks and tips is what its all about!!!
Dont wait for it to happen life is too short...MAKE IT HAPPEN...I've done it many times with many SZoners & many others too..You Wont regret it!

Thanks Donny, we're talking about a trip to AC in October. I'll keep you posted.

#148842 - 06/23/07 10:57 AM Re: Met fellow Synthzoner tonight
korg4god Offline

Loc: Dodge City, Kansas 67801
While you're talking AC, you're welcome to come to my AC, (Arkansas City) so if anyone passes through the Oklahoma/Kansas border, I'm just 2 miles into Kansas from I-77. You can check out our service on a Sunday, OMB does praise and worship with Pa1xPro. call me 620-660-1899.

Jeff

Dodge City Schools -USD 443
Forte Music School

http://forte.musicteachershelper.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online