SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#103777 - 06/19/07 03:17 PM new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Silly readers ... OF COURSE IT IS !
I called Bose yesterday and this morning UPS dropped the new L1 at my front door!
Free shipping and 12 months 0% interest.
Also 45 day return policy ... great, huh?

So, as an original PAS (L1) owner, what are my impressions after just today’s test drive in my living room?
Well, for starters .... the portability has been GREATLY improved. Yeah - I know! It was already the world’s easiest thing to haul and setup! The new pedestal is ½ the size and weight of the original and fold up smaller for transport. That’s a good thing.
The towers have altered the fire-angel of the tweeters, so some of them face left, some right, and some center – much smoother spread. At first, the sound seems a little thin compared to the original, but that’s because all the sound is not coming straight at you. As you step back in the room, the new system has a better dispersion and overall improved clarity.
Down side? Just one, and it’s a small one – there is only ONE input and it’s a ¼ inch jack. Now, with THAT said – it’s EXTREMELY hot and I can’t put it past 9o’clock with out getting a headache. The PSR3k plugs right in and the sound is amazing. This also makes it easy for me to turn down the wannabe K-singers that want a second mic – sorry – one input ! Bose added the new T1 mixer to this setup for extra channels and effects - $500, Yikes. For now, I’ll use it with one input unless I need a sub-mixer, and I have a Mackie CFX-12v.ll for larger needs.

So…… Am I happy? Yes!
Am I thrilled, not so much
Will I keep it? SURE ! ( at least for now )

If you liked the original, you will hear a slightly different crossover point between the top and bottom sections. If you never liked the original – maybe this one will make you a believer. For me – I NEED to have the newest, best Bose in town, so really – I had no choice. Anyone that wants my PAS - $1200 without the B1 sub, $1500 with the sub.

Bose was smart – the B1 has not been changed! Works with the new system as well!
Happy hunting guys and gals !

#103778 - 06/19/07 04:17 PM Re: new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
Dnj Offline

#103779 - 06/19/07 04:21 PM Re: new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
Uncle Dave Offline

Yup - that's the one !

I think Donny Pesce single handedly makes Google Stock rise !

he's the King of the Links !

#103780 - 06/19/07 04:24 PM Re: new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
Dnj Offline

#103781 - 06/19/07 04:39 PM Re: new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Down side? Just one, and it’s a small one – there is only ONE input and it’s a ¼ inch jack.

Uncle Dave,
Say what??? You can't be talking about the Power Stand (PS 1..or maybe the new one is called the PS 2). The inputs are the same as on the original L1 system. There are 4.

Inputs #1 & 2 will take your choice of a 1/4", XLR or SpeakOn connection. Inputs #3 & 4 are strictly 1/4".

Or are you just telling the K-wannabes there is only one input?

#103782 - 06/19/07 04:50 PM Re: new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
Dnj Offline

#103783 - 06/19/07 05:11 PM Re: new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
Uncle Dave Offline

Eddy,
That T-1 controller is an EXTRA $500. The New setup is called an L1 (model ll)
(That's a 2, not an 11! )
The stand unit has only ONE input for real. If you don;t buy the external controller - you only get one.
I only need one, so I'll wait on the T1, which is not in stock anyway !

#103784 - 06/19/07 07:41 PM Re: new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Uncle Dave...
I stand corrected. You are right. I thought for sure that I had read somewhere that the T-1 provided and "additional" 4 channels to the 4 in the power stand.

My apologies. I should never argue with my uncle.
Eddie

#103785 - 06/19/07 07:43 PM Re: new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by btweengigs:
I should never argue with my uncle.
Eddie

That's right !

I love this thing ... might look into the T1 when it ships, but that's months from now.

#103786 - 06/20/07 07:23 AM Re: new Bose L1 ll system - worth the upgrade?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I ordered a T1 some time ago. Still back-ordered. I'll wait for it before ordering the rest of system 2. The T1 does work with the original system, but needs a power supply.
DonM

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online