SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#148305 - 01/17/07 05:12 AM Laptop holder
zuki Offline

Any info on a laptop attachment that attaches to a regular x stand?

Thanks,
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#148306 - 01/17/07 05:39 AM Re: Laptop holder
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Have you taken a look at this one?

Laptop stand

On the subject of laptops at this past weeks CES ( Consumer Electronics Show ) there was a product on display called "Foot Time Page Turner" It was designed for musicians who use a laptop and want to be able to turn pages hands free. Nothing turned up when I did a google search. But if you'd like to see it, it was included in episode 130 of podcast. It's not reviewed until about 45 minutes into the podcast on: DL TV

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-17-2007).]

#148307 - 01/17/07 06:41 AM Re: Laptop holder
HankB Offline

Loc: Bossier City, La. USA
This one may work, I have one I use with my stand. http://www.music123.com/Quik-Lok-WS552-Large-Utility-Shelf-i133542.music?cm_ven=Google%20Base&mr:referralID=04214334-6438-4e42-91b7-381aa5bc77ad

Hank

#148308 - 01/17/07 06:43 AM Re: Laptop holder
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
In the meantime, you can use a solid metal orchestra music stand(Manhasset type). Set it anywhere, to any height, and swival it almost flat so the lip will keep the laptop from falling off.

It is stable and it doesn't obstruct eye contact with the audience.

Bernie

#148309 - 01/17/07 09:40 AM Re: Laptop holder
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Didn't Donny (Dnj) and Gary have something like this?
t.

#148310 - 01/17/07 02:15 PM Re: Laptop holder
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Not me--my shelf is a custom made console that holds not only the laptop, but additionally, the Digitech VR, all the power supplies, surge protetor, wireless mic reciever, and all the connecting cables for those devices. I'm having a new one made from 1/8-inch thick aluminum in the next few weeks, which should be somewhat lighter than the Lexan model I now have. Plus, it should be stronger as well.

If I recall, DNJ's laptop holder was made from a pair of Ultimate keyboard stand supports, and also a few custom parts.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#148311 - 01/17/07 03:34 PM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

Mine was a one of a kind CUSTOM made UNCLE DAVE Design made from a Quick Lock mic boom X stand & Ultimate support 2" A-Frame tubing & Forks. Each one is made different & folds nicely with the X stand...no need to ever remove it. or the Mic Boom on the other side either....great setup. But now I use a Ultimate support Apex deluxe KB stand that does the same thing even better.
Here's a few pics...

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-17-2007).]

#148312 - 01/17/07 04:56 PM Re: Laptop holder
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
These pics are dark, but you can see the laptop placement is off one of the top "X" bars. http://www.boydsongs.com/contact.htm
The important thing is to use a sturdy, double braced X-Stand, and make sure the weight is even. I used some parts from Ultimate Support stands and Quick Loc stands to custom make a perfect solution.
I also use heavy duty rubber bands to hold the laptop in place, in case some BoZo gets clumzy and too close.
I may have better pics for an email, if needed, but I don;t know how to post pictures on the web. i have a guy that manages my site, so I can concentrate on (avoiding) other work.

#148313 - 01/17/07 05:12 PM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

Ahhhhhhhhhh Dave the KN7k oh man was that a while back I remember that one!!
My only drawback for this great Lt holder which I used on stage for years is its OFF center to the right or left.....the 2 tier Apex lets me keep it dead center which I now prefer....

#148314 - 01/17/07 06:24 PM Re: Laptop holder
Musicman22 Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, Fl.
Donny

Would you mind posting some pictures of your present set up....and make them nice and clear.

Thanks

[This message has been edited by Musicman22 (edited 01-17-2007).]

#148315 - 01/17/07 06:26 PM Re: Laptop holder
Musicman22 Offline

Loc: Boynton Beach, Fl.
Quote:
Originally posted by Musicman22:
Donny

Would you mind posting some pictures of your present set up....and make them nice and clear.

Thanks

#148316 - 01/17/07 06:32 PM Re: Laptop holder
travlin'easy Offline

Here's the console/laptop platform that I designed a couple years ago. It's still working just fine. As you can see, the laptop is just 1.5 inches above the top of the keyboard. The mouse-pad is out of view on the lower right side of the keyboard and no one can see it but me. It's sitting on a special platform that I also designed.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#148317 - 01/17/07 07:18 PM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

I also forgot to tell you people that I also have a Gary "Mr Wizard"
Custom design KB/LT stand !!

#148318 - 01/18/07 06:47 AM Re: Laptop holder
tony mads usa Offline

THAT'S what I was talking about .....
t.

#148319 - 01/18/07 11:23 AM Re: Laptop holder
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Just curious Dave, what do you use a laptop for?

Russ

#148320 - 01/18/07 11:25 AM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

Russ we all use it to play Mp3's songs, Mp3 backup tracks & SMF songs & lyrics files

besides playing to live styles on the arranger.

#148321 - 01/18/07 11:36 AM Re: Laptop holder
captain Russ Offline

I knew others did...just kinda surprises me that Dave would.

I don't.

Russ

#148322 - 01/18/07 12:39 PM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
I knew others did...just kinda surprises me that Dave would.

I don't.Russ

Surprised? Uncle Dave taught me how to use one & get the most out of it ..he is the "MASTER" of using the LAPTOP on stage!! I'll never forget & will always appreciate what he has done to make my professional life as a musician branch out a diversify....The LAPTOP is an Essential tool in so many ways on stage...

#148323 - 01/18/07 12:43 PM Re: Laptop holder
captain Russ Offline

I'm glad it works for you folks. Never happen here.

Just my preference...nothing else. Man it's good getting old. You can be as obnoxious as you want and nobody can do a damn thing about it.

take care..

Russ

#148324 - 01/18/07 12:50 PM Re: Laptop holder
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hey Donny, that plexiglass one, what does the bottom part hold? You don't use this one anymore? It looks nice. (The other one does, too.) That Gary is Mr. Wizard.

------------------
Bill
SmallGig.com

#148325 - 01/18/07 01:57 PM Re: Laptop holder
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
DNJ, Don't I have it? I did. Maybe I sent to back to Gary.
DonM

#148326 - 01/18/07 02:02 PM Re: Laptop holder
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
what do you use a laptop for?

Why, a jukebox, of course !

I always used music on my breaks to set (or keep) the tempo of the room where I wanted it to stay, while I rested my voice, or ran to the bathroom.

( started with cassettes ! )

I have 5000+ audio files on the laptop that are arranged in folders according to year or style, and I play them through WinAmp ... through my kb speakers first, so I hear the proper mix.

I rarely read on stage or use a file that has no room for me to play overtop of, but on occasion, I indulge in a "production" number or two that just isn't possible with my two hands ... arranger or not.

The laptop works best for me off to the side, so it does not appear that I'm reading, or block the sight line. It's a tool, not a crutch, and I VERY often set up without it. I utilize it more fully, at weddings or larger dances, when I need the power to keep a dancefloor hopping to stuff that the arranger can't be exciting enough on.

Lately, I keep it home most of the time, because the jobs I've taken since I started teaching have been at kinder, gentler venues.

I have always been an advocate of using the right tool for the job, and sometimes, in todays dance market - the right tool, is the biggest, best arrangement that is available.

I wish I didn't have to compete with the "K" jays, or D-jays ... but it's a fact of life, here in Philly. The crowd is spoiled by technology, and though I'm no slave to it ... I certainly enjoy being it's master !

#148327 - 01/18/07 07:25 PM Re: Laptop holder
travlin'easy Offline

If you are using your keyboard to make a living, use every tool available. A laptop is a valulable tool--nothing more. Mine holds thousands of lyrics files, thousands of midi files and hundreds of MP3s. If you play background music in a restaurant and you don't sing, the laptop can still be a vailuable tool for holding sheet music. It can be displayed in several forms, and you can set it up to scroll. If you happen to have a couple thousand songs in your head, including all the lyrics and chord changes, well, you're a hell of a lot better than I will ever be. I'll use whatever it takes to keep the dancefloor packed--including a laptop.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#148328 - 01/19/07 02:02 AM Re: Laptop holder
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I had an instance for the need of my laptop two weeks ago.

I was into the final set at a mostly seniors dance, when a crowd came in and started requesting fast party music. I had been playing a good mix, but they wanted line dancing like Electric Slide,YMCA,etc.

If I hadn't had party music on my laptop, there would have been a lot of angry people.

Bernie

#148329 - 01/19/07 03:22 AM Re: Laptop holder
Uncle Dave Offline

It's not that I CAN'T play fast, dance stuff ... it's just that, I prefer NOT to play some of it. I've found that only senior crowds accept the electric slide as a live rendition. Most younger dancers are kinda snobby with some of the dance stuff, so why stir the pot? Most of those songs are not very high in content anyway ... they're just dance beats with stupid lyrics - I've had enough of that over the years.

I'd rather play the juicy, tasty stuff live, take the requests, personalize them, and switch hats to Mr DJ-guy when appropriate. That way the crowd is happy - I'm happy and I get re-booked.

I don't think there is any difference in using an audio file to augment my performance, than using a drum beat or arranger pattern. Either way - I'm the MC, I'm the tempo controller, I'm the set coordinator, party planner, cheerleader, band leader etc.

I'll use any way available to please my clients .... (except show reality TV)

#148330 - 01/19/07 03:35 AM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

I knew was going to go south fast.....purist vs dj mentality.....its almost as bad as my Kb is better then yours.
Call it what you like ....your not gonna fool anyone out there....
Thanx for your thoughts.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-19-2007).]

#148331 - 01/19/07 04:08 AM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

test

#148332 - 01/19/07 04:21 AM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

#148333 - 01/19/07 05:15 AM Re: Laptop holder
zuki Offline

Thanks for the replies.

I found an old 2 tier x stand, but it appears a laptop on the top would block me from the customer.

I suppose I need to get with the program by utilizing technology.

Uncle Dave:

1. How do you hook up your system to hear the mp3's through the keyb speakers?

2. What sites are best for obtaining these prerecorded songs, both midi and mp3.

I play live on 2/14 for the first time in years and want it to go without a hitch.

Thanks,
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#148334 - 01/19/07 06:22 AM Re: Laptop holder
captain Russ Offline

I apologize to all for diverting the discussion about a laptop stand to an issue we've beaten to death before.

I have strong opinions about the issue, but they didn't belong here.

Sorry,

Russ

#148335 - 01/19/07 06:56 AM Re: Laptop holder
tony mads usa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I knew was going to go south fast.....purist vs dj mentality.....its almost as bad as my Kb is better then yours.
Call it what you like ....your not gonna fool anyone out there....
Thanx for your thoughts.

Donny, I didn't think the thread was "going south", just an honest, open expression of opinions without being judgementive ...
I think everyone was agreeing that whatever works for you is fine, and if that doesn't work for me that's fine too ...

I'm behind the curve on this, still using big binders for whatever music/lyrics aren't memorized ... fortunately the kb has a good hard drive for backing tracks, registrations, etc. ... but once I retire from the day gig I figure I will have the time to transfer a lot of this stuff to a LT ...
t.
t.

#148336 - 01/19/07 07:12 AM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Thanks for the replies.

I found an old 2 tier x stand, but it appears a laptop on the top would block me from the customer.

I suppose I need to get with the program by utilizing technology.

Uncle Dave:

2. What sites are best for obtaining these prerecorded songs, both midi and mp3.

I play live on 2/14 for the first time in years and want it to go without a hitch.

Thanks,
zuki

Zuki....there so much more then just getting the songs, smf, mp3, custom backing tracks, lyrics etc etc & utilizing them seamlessly with NO Delay time in between songs except for a 2 or 3 sec..for use on a Laptop/KB situation...these songs have to be selected properly, edited & mixed extensively using programs like Sonar, Sound Forge, Acid pro etc etc to get the correct sound and arrangements for performance...there is no easy solution....being its your first time I'm sorry to say your gonna have to go through it like we all did with a hit and miss attitude learning, changing, editing, creating, & finding out what works FOR YOU & what Doesn't...no way around that...this is a juggling act of the highest degree...it can be unbelievably successful or it could end up your worst nightmare, but you need to learn by elimination and trying different things, it CAN be done if you work at it seriously and with your heart 150%...the LT shouldn't be more then 4-5 " on top of your keyboard so you can see over it & get your hands under it to make changes on deck. Also how you setup your LT desktop is imperative to your real-time navigation....

I want to wish you good luck on your gig......remember Technology can be as GOOD as it is BAD.....have fun.

#148337 - 01/19/07 01:13 PM Re: Laptop holder
Uncle Dave Offline

Quote:

Uncle Dave:

Zuki,
Wow ...Saint Valentine’s Day, huh? We don't have much time then!
OK - first thing to do:

1) Make a set list of ALL your best live numbers. List them by category.
i.e.:
dance, latin, slow, swing, etc
2) Next make a list of the TYPES of styles/tempos you are MISSING from your live repertoire.
i.e.:
hip-hop, line dances, cha-cha, etc.
3) Ask around, or Google to find the most popular of these tunes available for free downloads.
i.e.:
Cha-Cha - "Never on a Sunday"
Hip-Hop - "Bust a Move"
Line Dance - "New York, New York"
Two Step - "All My Ex's"
*** These are just a sample of how to look for million sellers to "pad" your dance repertoire.

After you have the songs on the Laptop - put them in folders so you can find them easy, keep the folders open and be ready at the drop of a hat to access them.

I have audio inputs on my Yamaha psr3k, so I run the Laptop's headphone outputs into an external headphone amp (Rolls), just to boost the signal, and then the mix comes through the KB along with my voice. That signal is fed to the PA or house system.

The tricky part is deciding WHEN you use a file or play live.
Here are a few points to consider:

1) It's hard to follow a 16 piece big band arrangement with an omm-pah pattern, so I try to use MP3 tracks at the end of a set or right before a ballad that I KNOW will pack the dance floor ( aka: "Crazy" )
Keep your eyes on the dance floor ( or the EYES of your listeners) and pick the NEXT rhythm while you're playing the current song.
i.e.:
You're playing "Runaround Sue" - they love it, and they're dancing to it ...... do you play another jitterbug, or is it time to slow it down, or change it up somehow? Decide that B4 you end the Dion tune, so you are ready with the next dance beat.
I think it's more important to pick a beat than a song. I try not to play 3 of any one type in a row, no matter HOW many people like it. What about the ones that don’t like it? dON;T MAKE THEM WAIT TOO LONG FOR A DIFFERENT CHOICE.

( Dam caps lok !!! grrrr )

If I pack the floor with a ballad, then I give them a second one before I change the rhythm to say ….. a cha-cha like “Under The Boardwalk” or “My Girl” – that keeps the tempo change minimal ……. After the latin deal, then you can pump it up with a Rock/Disco/R&B type song.

Anyway you choose to run your sets – just be aware of HOW you need to place the MP3s within the set. If you start playing 3,4,5 DJ tracks in a row ……. You’ll never be able to compete with the energy when you go live.

As for download sites – iTunes, Van Basco, Limewire …. Anyplace that you trust. MOST of my files are from my personal CD collection, but I do use downloads too.

Be careful, be smart and be forgiving to the dancers if they prefer dancing to the original over an arranger’s pattern. They don’t ALL work for all songs. It’s YOUR job to pick the right style, right pattern, right tempo, and right order for ALL the songs of the night.
Control the pulse of the room, and you control the crowd. Once you let them tell you what to play next, or how to do anything – you’re lost.

Take requests with a smile, and play them when you think the ENTIRE room will benefit from that selection.

Just one man’s way of working the room!
Good luck – although on Feb 14th, most people will have more on their minds then dancing! You’ve already got an edge!

#148338 - 01/19/07 03:52 PM Re: Laptop holder
travlin'easy Offline

Zuki,

That's only a small sample of the things I learned from Uncle Dave. You have a lot of work ahead of you, but if you're persistent you'll be able to put everything together before the deadline.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#148339 - 01/20/07 02:47 AM Re: Laptop holder
Stephenm52 Offline

Uncle Dave, Thanks that's great advice!! Where should I send the check to?

#148340 - 01/20/07 04:50 AM Re: Laptop holder
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Uncle Dave, Thanks that's great advice!! Where should I send the check to?

Although great advice....remember it still has to be implemented on stage flawlessly and only so backed with years of trial & error experience.....remember it all might sound easy and nice but what works for UD & myself, & others is totally different for each other ...it MUST be customized for YOUR approach & style of playing & singing before it can be successful...only take this advice as a stepping stone & build on it....seeing it demonstrated LIVE is a great learning tool also, years ago I sat & watched sat in & filled in many hours for UD always absorbing......this also includes fantastic Vocals also to pull this off....
Fran also has been my technical mentor for years also....I'm blessed to have two awesome musical friends & belessed to play & sing music which is my passion for a living!

I wish you all the best!!

#148341 - 01/20/07 07:09 AM Re: Laptop holder
travlin'easy Offline

Donny hit the nail on the head when it comes to watching others perform. I drove thousands upon thousands of miles to watch Uncle Dave, Donny, Don Mason, Eddie Shoemaker and a host of other performers perform their magic on various audiences. I took lots of photos, talked with all of them before and after their performances, picked their brains, then when I returned home I utilized everything I learned.

Before meeting these guys I made 7 trips to my van just to unload the equipment using a refrigerator dolly--now it's just a single trip with the Rock & Roller.

I was also one of those guys lugging a half-dozen 3-inch thick looseleaf binders filled with lyrics. All of those lyrics are on the laptop, along with a lot more. (They're also stored on a CD used for backup purposes--hard drives eventually crash!)

One of my pet peeves has always been loose wires running all over the place. Wires connecting the keyboard to the amp, power supply cables, mic cables, wires hanging from plugs and resembling a bowl of spaghetti that has been dumped on the floor. Upon returning from my whirlwind trip to the south I decided to custom build all of my own cables in exact lengths, then house them within a wiring harness. Each wire is labled and some are color coded so there is no guesswork as to where they get plugged in. Not only does this dramatically reduce setup and tear-down time, you never have to worry about whether you remembered where you put a specific cable--they're all encased within the harness. Just like setting up the laptop, this takes some time and effort, but in the end it's well worth it.

If you want detailed plans on constructing the laptop platform/console that I designed, you can find them at PSR Tutorial then click on Projects and scroll down to Laptop Platform and click on the link.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 01-20-2007).]

#148342 - 01/20/07 03:23 PM Re: Laptop holder
zuki Offline

Hey, thanks folks for the replies and the detailed instructions from UD - wow

I have a great start on registrations, now that I figured it out. Man, the board is terrific (3000)

I am very geeked about playing live again.

My best,

zuki

#148343 - 01/20/07 03:23 PM Re: Laptop holder
tony mads usa Offline

Everything UD said I've garnered from 26 years playing with the band in NYC ... It was always about calling the next tune ...
t.

#148344 - 01/20/07 03:46 PM Re: Laptop holder
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Although great advice....remember it still has to be implemented on stage flawlessly and only so backed with years of trial & error experience.....remember it all might sound easy and nice but what works for UD & myself, & others is totally different for each other ...it MUST be customized for YOUR approach & style of playing & singing before it can be successful...only take this advice as a stepping stone & build on it....seeing it demonstrated LIVE is a great learning tool also, years ago I sat & watched sat in & filled in many hours for UD always absorbing......this also includes fantastic Vocals also to pull this off....
Fran also has been my technical mentor for years also....I'm blessed to have two awesome musical friends & belessed to play & sing music which is my passion for a living!

I wish you all the best!!

Donny, point well taken. I'm sure your absolutely right. I about broke out in sweat thinking about how I could put those tips to good use, cuz there's lots going on for sure. I'd like to be able to travel as Gary has to see yourself and some of the others play. Maybe sometime I'll get the opportunity to do so. In the meantime once my neighbor Tony Mads retires and becomes a full time musician maybe I can catch some of his performances, I know he's got lots of experience too.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 01-20-2007).]

#148345 - 01/20/07 09:39 PM Re: Laptop holder
DonM Offline

Let me ramble a bit.
My number one piece of advice: Watch the audience. See how they react to different songs, genres, tempos. Do they dance? Are they listening? Are they straining to talk to each other (indicating the music may be too loud in certain circumstances). If you can get them involved with you and your music, you're home free.
If you are playing in a restaurant, ask yourself if the establishment needs the tables to turn over, or do you need to try and hold the audience that is there. If you are playing where alcohol is served, see if the patrons are ordering drinks or sipping slowly. You must not keep them on the dance floor constantly. Make them dance to get them thirsty, then give them a chance to sit down and order drinks. It's all BUSINESS.
Different techniques and strategies are needed to fit the venue where you are performing. If it's a dance club, your job is to keep the music going almost without pause.
Be very careful about inviting requests. You'd better know a LOT of songs before you do.
I have literally thousands of songs that I can play or sing in some fashion, either live, midi file or MP3. I still don't invite requests very often. However, when you get comfortable with playing requests, the tips are usually quite nice. You must be sure that one person or a certain groups doesn't monopolize your performance by requesting all fast, or all slow, or all of anything. You must stay in charge.
Now, more than ever before, you WILL get people from the audience wanting to sing. You must learn to handle that with diplomacy and tact. Be ready ahead of time--it will happen. Many assume we are doing some sort of karaoke anyway. I go out of my way to show them I am NOT. Sometimes you just have to tell them! It's a whole other subject being able to back up guest singers. If you're just starting, DON'T try. They will make you look like an amateur unless you are really good at dealing with them
My typical night consists of maybe 2 or 3 midi files and the rest live, using the arranger. I have thousands of midi files and MP3s available for situations such as Dave described. If you ever need them ONCE, it is worth having them.
One time I got to a job and found I had FORGOTTEN MY KEYBOARD, of all things. I played midifiles from the laptop and sang.
They didn't care. All they want is to be entertained. They might not even know that, but it's true.
I've been doing this for more than 30 years full time, and I'm still learning. A couple of weeks ago, a friend (and SZ member), Joe Lee Richards, videotaped my entire 4-hour peformance. It was very revealing and showed me several areas in which I need to improve.
I've always recorded myself, but never had seen this much video. I recommend it. It will either drive you to improvement or drive you to retirement or drive you to drinking!
DonM

#148346 - 01/21/07 06:38 AM Re: Laptop holder
travlin'easy Offline

When it comes to requests, and you will get them, an old friend who still saws a great bluegrass fiddle at age 87 provided me with a great tip. He has a ragged piece of paper that he carries with him at all times. The titles of a couple dozen songs are written on the page in blue-ink pen, red-ink pen, black-ink pen and pencil. Some are written, some are printed, some are scrawled. When someone requests a song, he merely points to the sheet of paper and says "I'll be more than happy to do the song just as soon as I get all these other requests out of the way first."

As for the wannabe singers, I merely tell them I only have one mic--my headset mic, and I do not allow anyone else to use it. As Don stated, the wannabe singers can really make you look bad.

BTW: I learned a lot from Don while on my whirlwind, 4,200 mile trip to the sunny south. Anytime he gets to rambling you should be listening carefully and taking notes. His playing skills are pure magic.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#148347 - 01/21/07 07:30 AM Re: Laptop holder
DonM Offline

Gary,
That alone may be reason enough to get a headset!
However, I have a patron or two whom I can count on for a $100. tip every time they sing a song.
Luckily for me, they aren't terrible, and they don't show up very often. Now is that lucky or unlucky?
DonM

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online