SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#145477 - 08/27/07 06:06 AM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Ian
Pretty much the same in the UK, although 88 notes are not quite so critical, however one thing that is very popular are a set of Bass Pedals, so that you can play your own Bass lines and still trigger chords or play counter melodies.

Bill

#145478 - 08/27/07 06:12 AM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
Dnj Offline

Im glad people arent buying arrangers ....less is more in this game

#145479 - 08/27/07 06:17 AM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
zuki Offline

Very amusing Chas.......

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#145480 - 08/27/07 06:21 AM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I'll tell you what's amazing. What's amazing is how much energy, thought, and time goes into figuring out new and cleverer ways to regurgitate the same tired arguments over and over again, ad naseum. I think that we know by now that:

1. my keyboard is better than yours (that's why I chose it, dummy).

2. 76 keys is better than 61, except for midgets or those with very short arms.

3. Heavy keyboards are better than plastic, toy, crappy, lighter ones (if you're a 21 yr. old weightlifter in training) but light ones are better if you're an out-of-shape old geezer who hasn't yet given up cigarettes.

4. A laptop on stage will solve all of your problems, including your musical shortcomings.

5. Playing an arranger, using SMF's or mp3's, is cheating, EXCEPT under the following 183 conditions...........

4. Whatever gets the job done, baby...

5. "That (tune you just posted) was very good, you've got a nice voice" .....code for "YOU SUCK".

6. If we complain enough on this board, the manufacturers will listen to us (or possibly even hire us as "consultants").

7. Home users are a bunch of low-life losers whose opinions are worthless. Only us working "pro's" have the "RIGHT" answer for everyone.

8. We need to practice more and post less (Physician, heal thyself).

9. Droping the chord sequencer (which the overwhelming majority of G1000 users never used anyway) was the single biggest mistake and worst corporate decision Roland has ever made.

10. The important thing is to keep your (drunken) audience entertained (except in the nursing home where everyone is deaf anyway).

11. Chicken Hats are a GOOD thing....

12. Civility is better than common sense.

12. Enjoy whatever you play (but mine is still better than yours).

Feel free to add to this list of things we probably don't need to do another 100 post thread on.

BTW, I wonder if the new T3 will have 76 keys. Probably. Nah. Maybe. We could sign a petition (from the PRO users of Synthzone) and send it to Yamaha. That should do it.

chas

I would love to meet this guy in real life!!

heres one to add to the list -
Donny is the KING

and another:
Rolan make the most durable keyboards - high quality construction, will last a lifetime - but I will sell it in 2 years when the new replacment comes out

another another:
This is a GENERAL ARRANGER FORUM - which means, we talk about social issues, conflicts, who is gigging on thanks giving or independance day, who is receiving fan mail (Squeak), what keyboards Uncle Dave loves, those who complain about..., oh yeah and arranger keyboards...

Nick from down under.

#145481 - 08/27/07 06:25 AM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
Dnj Offline

Yep thats what we do......everything
EXCEPT posting DEMOS....weird eh?

#145482 - 08/27/07 07:05 AM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
I would love to meet this guy in real life!!

Nick from down under.

Nick, you'd be SOOOOO disappointed.....but, if you're ever in the vicinity of Atlanta, GA, USA, feel free to drop in for a chat and a glass of wine. I obviously have too much time on my hands.

chas

#145483 - 08/27/07 01:59 PM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
I'll tell you what's amazing. What's amazing is how much energy, thought, and time goes into figuring out new and cleverer ways to regurgitate the same tired arguments over and over again, ad naseum. I think that we know by now that:

1. my keyboard is better than yours (that's why I chose it, dummy).

2. 76 keys is better than 61, except for midgets or those with very short arms.

3. Heavy keyboards are better than plastic, toy, crappy, lighter ones (if you're a 21 yr. old weightlifter in training) but light ones are better if you're an out-of-shape old geezer who hasn't yet given up cigarettes.

4. A laptop on stage will solve all of your problems, including your musical shortcomings.

5. Playing an arranger, using SMF's or mp3's, is cheating, EXCEPT under the following 183 conditions...........

4. Whatever gets the job done, baby...

5. "That (tune you just posted) was very good, you've got a nice voice" .....code for "YOU SUCK".

6. If we complain enough on this board, the manufacturers will listen to us (or possibly even hire us as "consultants").

7. Home users are a bunch of low-life losers whose opinions are worthless. Only us working "pro's" have the "RIGHT" answer for everyone.

8. We need to practice more and post less (Physician, heal thyself).

9. Droping the chord sequencer (which the overwhelming majority of G1000 users never used anyway) was the single biggest mistake and worst corporate decision Roland has ever made.

10. The important thing is to keep your (drunken) audience entertained (except in the nursing home where everyone is deaf anyway).

11. Chicken Hats are a GOOD thing....

12. Civility is better than common sense.

12. Enjoy whatever you play (but mine is still better than yours).

Feel free to add to this list of things we probably don't need to do another 100 post thread on.

BTW, I wonder if the new T3 will have 76 keys. Probably. Nah. Maybe. We could sign a petition (from the PRO users of Synthzone) and send it to Yamaha. That should do it.

chas

ROFLMAO... well said chas!

Now, of course, having nixed ALL the above topics, would YOU care to start some threads on topics NOT on the list?

I try to do my bit from time to time (threads about as yet unseen features that players would LIKE to see, posts about how to get BrandX to talk to BrandZ through MIDI, a little organ chat from time to time, etc.) but they quickly drop off the main page. Seems it is only the discussions that boil down to 'I know I am, but what are YOU?' schoolyard wordplay that ever gets much in the way of any interest.

But it often seems that most of the people that CLAIM to want to read less antagonistic threads are the ones least likely to START ONE...

That's the beauty of an open forum. If you don't like where the topics are going, start some about what YOU want to talk about. Then if the members are REALLY fed up of the above topics, they can stop posting on those threads and join in on yours. But if they don't.... well, you've got to admit that basically it's not a very articulate or interested crowd in here.

Taike is one of the members that posts the most about subjects NOT on 'The List', although, admittedly, most of what he posts are quotes and articles by OTHERS (I prefer to hear and post our OWN thoughts, here, rather than simple straight quotes and then a 'what do YOU think', but maybe that's just me), but at least they are about something OTHER than 'The List'.

But, again, they never garner the responses of the 'my arranger, right or wrong' threads.

So be it. At least I have Roland-arranger.com, where we can just get down to basics, helping each other out... In the meantime, I guess I need to brush up on my Emoticon communication skills, English seemingly unnecessary at SZ for the deeper forms of discourse!

(Tiny bubbles, tiny minds...)

#145484 - 08/27/07 02:03 PM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
Dnj Offline

#145485 - 08/27/07 02:20 PM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
(Tiny bubbles, tiny minds...)

That's so true Diki...keep those bubbles coming, buddy.

Ian

#145486 - 08/27/07 02:23 PM Re: those who complain about keyboard weight
Dnj Offline

Phooooey !

Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online