SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#144194 - 08/30/07 06:35 PM Tyros 2
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
First let me start by saying I have no intention to starting any trouble with this post.

Just got my tyros 2 last night.
I owned a psr3000 first, had some mechanical problems with it, right at the time the S900 was released and yamaha offered me the s900 and pay only the price difference.I originally paid 1300 for the 3000 and the retail was 1599.00 for the s900. My wife then went ahead and worked out the difference and fees and brought it home as a surprise. She is the greatest woman i have ever met in all my life. Now back to my story.
The s900 was a nice step up from the 3k. The addition of the SA Voices was mindblowing hearing them for the first time almost knocked me over. The usb record to wav file feature was great. The keys were only slightly better. The speakers were not as clear as the 3k. the variation and quick access buttons were a very helpful add on.
However I had a severe problem with the keys rubbing after only 45 days and would stick sometimes. It felt like a toy when playing, and seemed very flimsy. Oh by the way the screen sucked when playing in a bright enviorment. I called the sales mgr. where my wife purchased it.I explained my grief and disappointment with the S900. Because I make a living entertaining I cannot be distracted with issues like this. I wanna focus on playing and singing not unsticking a key while tripping over my fingers.

The Sales Mgr. was so awesome. He offered to credit me every penny back even though it was almost 60 days old even the shipping charge that my wife paid to expedite getting here. he even credited me the money we spent on the case that i'd been using to gig with since the inception of my 3k. The planets must have been lined up perfectly that day. I had all the options in the world.

I hope I'm not rambling, just need to be thorough.

------------------
Thanks,
Mikey

#144195 - 08/30/07 06:40 PM Re: Tyros 2
mikey_maestro Offline

I accidentally hit the send button after all that excitement

I had all the options in the world onb what to buy.

I decided on a Tyros 2. I was pretty familiar with the yammie operating system after have a few over the years. I was leary at first. I've read all the posts in recent months all saying the T2 isnt price justified beside the s900.

Those posts couldnt be more wrong.
I've only played it for a few hours so far but

#144196 - 08/30/07 06:42 PM Re: Tyros 2
zuki Offline

Sounds like you have nothing but bad luck. I can honestly say I've had NO problems with my 3K and lug it in and out of the car/house over 50 + a month. Sorry to hear about the sticky 900 key - yikes. Good luck with the T2 - you need it

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#144197 - 08/30/07 06:42 PM Re: Tyros 2
MrEd Offline

Mikey... But ???

#144198 - 08/30/07 06:48 PM Re: Tyros 2
mikey_maestro Offline

So sorry but I'm so excited I'm pressing enter to many times to go to the next paragraph.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These keyboards are night and day.

I will give a more in depth review next week

i'll just rattle off a few things right now though

DESIGN is Gorgeous
Initial Touch and After touch (OMG the sax)
SOLID!!!!!!!
Not flimsy at all
The keybed left me speechless!
HD Option!!!
All the extra SA Voices especiall utilized in the styles
More Styles
More Voices
THE SCreen
The Tilt
3 split points
3 layers
USB IN THE Front.....Yippie
Lots more to come
This thing is a monster, I'm in love again!!!!!

Sorry posters who said it wasnt much better than the S900 Your out of your minds!!!!!

Please don't take offense

God Bless all of you

Mikeymaestro.com www.balloonanimal.com

------------------
Thanks,
Mikey

#144199 - 08/30/07 07:03 PM Re: Tyros 2
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
But what about the screen in daylight and under stagelights ? If it's like my Tyros, you'll need your own tent.

#144200 - 08/30/07 07:04 PM Re: Tyros 2
MrEd Offline

Looking forward to next week's T2 review.

Nice website Mikey ... Watched your video and you are doing some very good things for 2 of my most favorite groups ...
The young and the old.

#144201 - 08/30/07 07:14 PM Re: Tyros 2
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Where did you buy the board that they treated you so good?

#144202 - 08/30/07 08:20 PM Re: Tyros 2
mikey_maestro Offline

Guitar center of all places, the MGR. is awesome, very surprising to get that service from a big superstore

#144203 - 08/30/07 09:06 PM Re: Tyros 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Congrats Mikey: I purchased my Tyros2 nearly two years ago now and still thrilled as ever with mine, and I trust you're going to enjoy yours as long as well. Here's a link to a great Yamaha Tyros2 forum, of which also includes members (both Pro & amateur level player alike) who actively post & share their arranger produced music.
http://www.yamahapkowner.com/forum/

Music Performance

btw: folks are also welcome to listen my songs (performed & recorded live on Tyros2): here .

Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online