SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#143048 - 06/03/06 05:36 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Thanks abacus just downloaded the file so will listen to those.
Magica just had time to watch the video on your web site and although it's not very clear to see I really enjoyed it. I couldn't understand what you were singing about but the quality and musicians were very good.
Loved the drums, guitar solo, singing etc - well done. That song could easily win something like the Eurovision so I hope you do well in the Slovenian charts if you're not already doing so.

#143049 - 06/03/06 05:44 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Delp:
My keyboard is better than your keyboard! Is not! Is too! Is not! Is too! ...

Enough already. Everybody has a right to their own opinion, and it should be obvious by now that no one has changed anybody else's opinion. This forum is for expressing opinions, so let's leave it at that, and knock off the attempts to convince others their opinions are wrong.
Peace

What should be of concern to all live players vs worrying about who hears the best sounds etc, whatever..... is the fact that little by little as Musicians we are becoming the minority in the world VS Dj's, Karaoke artists, & whatever else is out there BESIDES playing live instruments....otherwise we WILL become Dinosaurs in the not so distant future....

#143050 - 06/03/06 09:30 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Some of us are already "Dino-saurs"...as in Dean Martin fans...

#143051 - 06/03/06 10:35 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Thanks abacus just downloaded the file so will listen to those.
Magica just had time to watch the video on your web site and although it's not very clear to see I really enjoyed it. I couldn't understand what you were singing about but the quality and musicians were very good.
Loved the drums, guitar solo, singing etc - well done. That song could easily win something like the Eurovision so I hope you do well in the Slovenian charts if you're not already doing so.

Song is speaking about guy who is dreaming (because of that is video hazy). Pair who is wants to go in nature and than is having there fun with collect of roses. You can thing about this in different way.

We will translate that song in English.

Thanks for your support.

#143052 - 06/06/06 04:15 PM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
the Wersi doesnt sound that hot either. Liontracs is a great concept but the delivery is very very disappointing in terms of sound quality, styles and just the way the instruments sound so unbalanced. Ireally wish Dom all the best with the keyboard but it is obviously not inm the same league as the T1 let alone the T2 or the Pax. They may be "closed systems" but i dont mind being locked in when they sound so good.

I own both the Wersi Abacus Duo Pro and the Lionstracs Mediastation X-76 and I can assure you that the sound quality of both instruments is far superior to the T1, T2, PA1X, and any other arranger I have heard to date. The Piano sound on my X-76 uses nearly 3 Gigabytes of RAM and it's stunning. My drum kit utilizes over 300 MB alone for its sounds. In fact most of the sounds I use on my Wersi and Mediastation use more RAM than all the sound ROM combined from the T1, T2, and the PA1X. If you think that these other arrangers sounds can be as good with a fraction of the sound ROM you'd be mistaken. Yes, Wersi and Lionstracs should work on providing better demo's so people can truly hear what these great instruments can do but for those who have heard them in person, it doesn't take much to realize the sound quality is superior.

I love the fact these instruments are open ended and that I can utilize them for exactly what I do or don't want. I'm not locked in to what some manufacturer says I need or want. The Wersi and Lionstracs are expensive but given their sound, expandability, and OS support, its money well spent.

#143053 - 06/06/06 10:17 PM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
"I own both the Wersi Abacus Duo Pro and the Lionstracs Mediastation X-76 and I can assure you that the sound quality of both instruments is far superior to the T1, T2, PA1X, and any other arranger I have heard to date. The Piano sound on my X-76 uses nearly 3 Gigabytes of RAM and it's stunning. My drum kit utilizes over 300 MB alone for its sounds. In fact most of the sounds I use on my Wersi and Mediastation use more RAM than all the sound ROM combined from the T1, T2, and the PA1X. If you think that these other arrangers sounds can be as good with a fraction of the sound ROM you'd be mistaken. Yes, Wersi and Lionstracs should work on providing better demo's so people can truly hear what these great instruments can do but for those who have heard them in person, it doesn't take much to realize the sound quality is superior."

This is just geting silly. The size of the rom used in samples is not as significant as what the sound engineer does with the sample rom.

"If you cant make a great piano sound with 32megabytes then you wont be able to with 32 gigabytes ....." read the article below and dont try and convince me that the size of the rom used makes the mediastation or wersi sound better than my PAX or the T2. My ears will tell me that !
http://www.williamcoakley.com/articles.php?article=bigger.php
read this article

With all this talk about how great the use of giga samples are in both the Wersi and the MS why oh why oh why is it that NO ONE as yet has managed to produce a demo that actually even sounds half as good as the PAX or T2 or SD1 or Gem...even models that are like nearly ten years old sound better as demonstrated by Fran on the G1000...all closed systems.

Listen i have nothing against MS or Wersi and i am open and willing to be convinced. I am excited about the future of keyboard technology but i dont buy just because someone tells me that this thing "sounds great" . It actually has to sound great !!!!

secondly i cannot see the benefit of an open system other than to obtain "potentially" better sounds if those sounds then have to be balanced and mixed and EQ'd to sound just decent.There is far more skill involved in putting an arrangement together than just throwing some good (on their own) sounds at it.

Lastly i owned the yamaha psr 8000 for almost 9 years before i changed to the PA1X which is several step changes above what i had. I held on to the yamaha because everything that it did, it did well,it inspired my creative ability and alowed me enough scope to develope the ideas that were in my head into sound. My creative ability HAS NO LIMITS. I dont need a open system to give me greater freedom when i am free already.All it does is give me greater choice but more choices does not mean better choices !

I wish you the best of luck with the MS and Wersi. But please show me what it can do, through sound,we have wasted enought bytes theorising, show me HOW GODD a zillion gigabytes of sound potential CAN ACTUALLY SOUND LIKE IN REALITY.

Cheers

Worth

#143054 - 06/06/06 11:28 PM Re: WERSI OAS demos
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello Spalding
You can have as many demos as you like, but if you don’t like the style in which they were played, then you will never like the sound of the instrument, no matter how good the sound.
As has been mentioned in many threads, the only way to find out if you like them, is to try them for yourself, so pop over to Harmony Music in Boston http://www.harmony-music.co.uk/index.htm were you will be able to try out the Wersi OAS instruments.
Hope this helps.

Bill
BTW I have posted many demos (on various threads) of the Wersi OAS 6 instruments (Now superseded by OAS 7 which realy does take them to a whole new level) and also sites where demos of Akai, Gigasamples and VST instruments can be heard, but I have not seen hardly any comments, good or bad, or indeed what needs improving, so I sometimes ask myself what are the point of demos, if nobody takes any notice.

#143055 - 06/07/06 12:30 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Spalding1 Offline

abacas i live in the UK england so cant just pop over to boston to hear the MS or WERSi live. I hear there is a Wersi stockist in the UK but from the demo's alone i can see no point in traveling accross the country to hear itin real life if their best marketing tool (demo) sounds so weak.

I have listened to the official Wersi demos's several times to make sure it wasnt just my ears that are the problem. Out of politeness i have restricted my comments on the sound by saying they were not that hot but since you want some fedback on the demos....

The Demos are a huge improvement in sound quality to what i have previously heard from Wersi ...because the sounds from Wersi previously were very poor. The drums even now with the OAS 7 sound thin and cheap. The major improvement in sound has been the pianos and guitars which sound aceptable. I do not know if the demos that you provided a link to used giga samples or just the sounds that come standard o the Wersi. Either way i apologise if you dont like my comments , i deliberately toned them down in previous posts so as to avoid offence.Maybe the lack of coments on the Wersi demos is indicative.... there are lots of more polite people on the board than me !!!! Obviously others are free to chime in with their opinions and i would respectfully ask them to join in this discussion if their ears hear something considerably difernt to mine.

The styles in my opinion are weak , but thats just a matter of personal preference but in my view they are not professionally done and just underline the comments i made about puting together arrangements takes more than just throwing together some nice sounds.

Maybe i am just real hard to please. As i said earlier i held onto my previous board for many years and the T1 didnt tempt me and i nearly got the T2 but eventually got he PAX1. I had looked at he Wersi long ago and hanks for bringing it to my attention once again however to my ears the Wersi is hugely overpriced compared to the competition and the "open sytem " sales angle only works if the instrument sounds substantially better because of it.

So far all the proof you and the MS enthusiast have provided simply underline my reticence in endorsing either keyboard as a suitable alternative to the big three.

#143056 - 06/07/06 12:37 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
Spalding1 Offline

"The drums even now with the OAS 7 sound thin and cheap. The major improvement in sound has been the pianos and guitars which sound aceptable."

apologies i think the demos you loaded were of the OAS6 version right ?

Maybe the OAS7 will sound better. If you have any samples i am keen to hear what your opinion of an improvement is to what the version 6 was like. It the improvement more than just polyphony ?

#143057 - 06/07/06 02:12 AM Re: WERSI OAS demos
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
Spalding,Boston that abacus is referring to is in lincolnshire uk,mike

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online