SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#140859 - 07/13/07 11:27 AM Nuns at the gig!
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
I've been doing this for a very long time but every now and then something happens that takes the cake. Monday night I was doing a show at an assisted living facility that I do every month. They have a nun working the front desk and as a veteran of 12 years of Catholic school, I usually tell a lot of stories and in general, rib the nun a little. It's all a lot of fun. Well last Monday, I was about 6 songs into the show with the usual banter, and the sister came up to me and said she needed to see me in the hall after I finished the song I was doing. Well I was right back there in school again, I thought, what did I do now? I told the audience to sit still for a few minutes as I had to go the principal's office. Of course, they thought that was very funny. It turned out that the place was double booked and the other entertainer was standing in the hall. After a few minutes, they put him in the health care center and everyone was happy. But for a few moments I thought I'd been had. The moral of the story is, be careful how you mess with a nun.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#140860 - 07/13/07 01:50 PM Re: Nuns at the gig!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
CLAAAASSSSSS......

#140861 - 07/13/07 06:37 PM Re: Nuns at the gig!
zuki Offline

I recently set up my equipment at a new facility and in walked another performer (Elvis act) with his Karaoke stuff. The AD double booked and since it was was my first time and he was a regular, they sent me packing.

As I was carting my stuff away, Elvis' on/off Karaoke button got stuck and he couldn't perform, so I set up all my gear again and played.

The next day I was rebooked, as it went extremely well.

Moral of the story - Elvis left the building

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#140862 - 07/13/07 07:48 PM Re: Nuns at the gig!
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
I recently set up my equipment at a new facility and in walked another performer (Elvis act) with his Karaoke stuff. The AD double booked and since it was was my first time and he was a regular, they sent me packing.

As I was carting my stuff away, Elvis' on/off Karaoke button got stuck and he couldn't perform, so I set up all my gear again and played.

The next day I was rebooked, as it went extremely well.

Moral of the story - Elvis left the building

zuki

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online