Nuns at the gig!

Posted by: Songman55

Nuns at the gig! - 07/13/07 11:27 AM

I've been doing this for a very long time but every now and then something happens that takes the cake. Monday night I was doing a show at an assisted living facility that I do every month. They have a nun working the front desk and as a veteran of 12 years of Catholic school, I usually tell a lot of stories and in general, rib the nun a little. It's all a lot of fun. Well last Monday, I was about 6 songs into the show with the usual banter, and the sister came up to me and said she needed to see me in the hall after I finished the song I was doing. Well I was right back there in school again, I thought, what did I do now? I told the audience to sit still for a few minutes as I had to go the principal's office. Of course, they thought that was very funny. It turned out that the place was double booked and the other entertainer was standing in the hall. After a few minutes, they put him in the health care center and everyone was happy. But for a few moments I thought I'd been had. The moral of the story is, be careful how you mess with a nun.

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala
Posted by: Diki

Re: Nuns at the gig! - 07/13/07 01:50 PM

CLAAAASSSSSS......
Posted by: zuki

Re: Nuns at the gig! - 07/13/07 06:37 PM

I recently set up my equipment at a new facility and in walked another performer (Elvis act) with his Karaoke stuff. The AD double booked and since it was was my first time and he was a regular, they sent me packing.

As I was carting my stuff away, Elvis' on/off Karaoke button got stuck and he couldn't perform, so I set up all my gear again and played.

The next day I was rebooked, as it went extremely well.

Moral of the story - Elvis left the building

zuki
Posted by: Taike

Re: Nuns at the gig! - 07/13/07 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
I recently set up my equipment at a new facility and in walked another performer (Elvis act) with his Karaoke stuff. The AD double booked and since it was was my first time and he was a regular, they sent me packing.

As I was carting my stuff away, Elvis' on/off Karaoke button got stuck and he couldn't perform, so I set up all my gear again and played.

The next day I was rebooked, as it went extremely well.

Moral of the story - Elvis left the building

zuki