SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#139756 - 08/03/02 07:13 AM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Good morning Uncle!
I am glad you like my Jobim's rendition. Of course we are still on! My wife is getting her "pots and Pans" ready for your "meat gravy". Heres my cell # 732 861-8129, or try me at home 732 922-3021. We are looking forward to meet "our Uncle" on the net. Sunday is great!
If you make it early enough in the day, I'll be going out to the field to fly my RC helis and maybe I can put a "show" for you. Game?
Mario

#139757 - 08/03/02 07:17 AM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Mario,
I wish I could join you and Dave! I talked to him by phone about 1:00 a.m. this morning to get his first impressions of the Ketron. He is looking forward to seeing you.
Don

#139758 - 08/03/02 07:28 AM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Mario Offline

Don, Terry and Eddy:
Much obliged for taking the time to listen, I know is hard to divert from the main subject in this forum (discussing the new keyboards on the market) which takes priority over "irrelevant" stuff like someone's home recording. Your kind comments are well received and an encouragement towards the completion of my album.
Regards,
Mario

#139759 - 08/03/02 08:05 AM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Mario Offline

Sean:
Yes, the PSR2000 is a great "all around" KB for the money; even with all its faults, like the “ridiculously” small internal Flash memory, awkward file/registration saving system, etc. The sounds, on it's majority, are adequate, strings, grand piano, sweet flute. The trombone and soprano sax are superb! etc..
Arrangers, for what they are, do provide the performer with a "short cut" to live work, eliminating most of the "tweaking" that goes with programming a synthesizer and giving you the "extras" like Styles and Registrations. So I don't think that you can go wrong with buying an arranger, especially if you are into Solo gigging.
Mario

#139760 - 08/03/02 08:16 AM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Mario Offline

Good morning Don:
The invitation remains open!
If you can get away (and I know you got a heavy schedule this week end) just give us a call 732 922-3021 or my cell 732 861-8129 and you can join us.
UD did confirm for Sunday and my wife and I are looking forward to meet him.
However, if you can't make it, we will definitely hook up soon now that I know you live only 20 minutes south of me.
Have a great gig....ehr, gigs.
Mario

#139761 - 08/03/02 03:43 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello Mario,
Of course I love the Mushy stuff!!! That is what life is all about IMHO. A good glass of wine and no disturbances while you listen to it are my idea of Heaven!

Yes I have heard Ruth Allens work. She is truly a talented lady and I am so envious that you actually met her. Unfortunately the only way I would get to see her at the Savoy is if I were in her band. It is notoriously expensive. Still such a Classy lady deserves a classy venue!

best wishes
Tony

#139762 - 08/03/02 04:32 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Hi Mario,
Wrong Don. I'm about 20 HOURS South of you.
In Louisiana. Donnie Pesce is in NJ.
I was joking, but I do WISH I could be there.
One of these days . . .
DonM

#139763 - 08/03/02 09:30 PM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Mario:
My wife is getting her "pots and Pans" ready for your "meat gravy"

aaagh ! Put the pots away .... I have an emergency to cover in Philly tomorrow. A good friend is loosing his father (in Florida) due to a terrible car crash a week ago. I have to sub for him from 2-5 so he can fly down to be with his dad. This may be his last chance to see him, and the gig is an Orthadox affair, so a lot of my friends could'nt cover it. weird parties for us Easterners .... Men are not allowed to dance with the women.

Mario - I would love to get a "rain check" from you .... we're so close, maybe sometime soon? I'll make a special trip, just for the sauce !
Dave

#139764 - 08/04/02 07:20 AM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Mario Offline

UD:
Oh well! One of the disavantages of this business we are in.
I thoroughly understand. I've been in the same situation many times, In fact I had a wedding to attend (my wife's cousin) next Saturday at the Deal CC and had to cancel because of my gig a the Spring Lake B&T. we'll plan for the near future and maybe DonJ will be able to make it.
As far as next Sunday, unfortunately my wife is on duty (She runs the Nursing Home facility at Marriotts' "Leasure Park" in Lakewood.)
Have a great gig!

Mario

#139765 - 08/04/02 08:03 AM Re: More Jobim "stuff"
Mario Offline

Don:
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to get you guys "mixed up", but your names (without my reading glasses) do look alike on the screen. Nevertheless, I like to extend my invitation to you as well if ever in Good Old "Nu Joicy".
Regards,
Mario

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online