SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#139276 - 09/17/07 05:41 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I understand what Scott is asking for, it is good and has value. The fact is that this forum has a lot of traffic – and it’s OWN PERSONILITY. When you try to change a part of that personality you are in danger of losing other parts that are valuable.

Old Wisdom
1-Take the bitter with the better.
2-Enjoy it just as it is and focus on the good parts.

My view – This is a good place for a bit of everyday entertainment. It has a large spectrum of personalities, which if embraced can be enjoyed. Where else can you get a Fran – a Dave – a Diki – and whoever. I am enjoying this forum enough that I have ordered a S900, I will be waiting for a Tyros 3 or it’s replacement and I have cashed in my 13 years of Technics.

John C.

#139277 - 09/17/07 06:09 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
My philosophy...Use what's best and flush the rest.

I for one love this place. I'm addicted to it. But I'll never take part in the petty arguing, name-calling, and insults.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#139278 - 09/17/07 07:11 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Scott,

I'd like to see more of what you mention, but as cassp already said, this forum "is what it is", and with the way it runs and what drives it I'm not certain that it will change much.

I don't post here as much as I once did, but that's only because I'm relatively healthy again and with that comes "busy". As for other forums, I belong to a few, but I don't post all that much. KVR is the place I "drop" my music, mainly because what I'm doing now, electronic and experimental genres more than anything else, fits in there fine and will play well if you do it right. I still enjoy very much playing blues and Rock - Fusion oriented stuff though too.

I've been on this board since 2000 and really, I don't ever recall it being much different than it is now. Maybe it was, but I don't remember it.

Cheers
AJ

#139279 - 09/17/07 07:16 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
There have been times when there seems to be nothing going on and members complain. There have been times when members have been insulted and have left. There have been times when new gear is abundent and members are thrilled. It is what it is..........leave it alone!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#139280 - 09/17/07 08:04 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
Scott, since you're a member of about every arranger keyboard forum on the internet, why so particular about trying to change the one that seems to trouble you the most? Surely there must be at least ONE forum that caters to your wishes, wants and needs?

Taike: I suppose I've kept myself anchored here for several reasons, foremost because I've been a continously actively contributing member going back well before 1999, with over 8,100+ postings to show for it, and secondly because it remains the MOST ACTIVE arranger forum on the planet.

Yes, I'm a member of several other arranger forums, but Synthzone remains the longest running one catering to arranger keyboard players of all persuassions coming together in one chat room: GEN Arranger, whereas the other forums are either brand/model specific, or not specifically dedicated to arranger keyboard technique/performance discusssion in general.

Perhaps it's merely a pipe dream, but I was hoping for more interest in discussions about arr playing techiques and sharing arranger produced music, irregardless of brand/model. Oh well, perhaps it's time to take on something more achievable like reversing global warming or ending world hunger.

Scott

#139281 - 09/17/07 08:40 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
...it remains the MOST ACTIVE arranger forum on the planet.

Perhaps it's merely a pipe dream, but I was hoping for more interest in discussions about arr playing techiques and sharing arranger produced music
Scott

Nah.

Plus, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Glad you mentioned World Hunger, though, I'm starvin', better make a pizza run.

chas

#139282 - 09/17/07 11:49 AM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Perhaps it's merely a pipe dream, but I was hoping for more interest in discussions about arr playing techiques and sharing arranger produced music, irregardless of brand/model.
Scott

Yes I'd like to see more threads along this line. That would be a very constructive thing. I'll try to be more ruthless about removing postings that try to divert these discussions into a war on competing brands and destroy the original intent of the thread.

#139283 - 09/17/07 12:57 PM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well, THAT'S good news...!

To anyone that bemoans not enough threads about WHATEVER it is that piques your interest the most about arranger usage, the easy answer is 'the fix is in YOUR hands'.

Not enough threads about repertoire...? START ONE!

Not enough threads about technique...? START ONE!

Not enough threads about Brittney Spears...? START ONE! (OK, just kidding on that last one!)

But moaning about a lack of content, when YOU can provide that content, or at least get it started, is plain silly (and that is a YOU in the plural, this isn't aimed at Scott... ALL of us that SAY we want these threads but don't start them is at fault).

#139284 - 09/17/07 12:58 PM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Scott,
In case you have missed any forums to sign up for, here are a list of about 40 I ran across last night when I couldn't get logged into the Synthzone and also on Friday night.
Maybe if you don't like any of these forums we could start one of our own. I'll finance it and you moderate it. The only problem I see is that we may only have two members
Check it out: http://www.google.com/Top/Arts/Music/Chats_and_Forums/
PS: my calander is shaping up to posibly make your concert in Pismo Beach next Month. Waiting to see if Jann can get that week free. I am.
Best to all,
Bebop

#139285 - 09/17/07 03:04 PM Re: How much REAL interest in: ArrKB Playing Tech/Tips Discussion & Sharing our Music?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Well, THAT'S good news...!

To anyone that bemoans not enough threads about WHATEVER it is that piques your interest the most about arranger usage, the easy answer is 'the fix is in YOUR hands'.

Not enough threads about repertoire...? START ONE!

Not enough threads about technique...? START ONE!

Not enough threads about Brittney Spears...? START ONE! (OK, just kidding on that last one!)

But moaning about a lack of content, when YOU can provide that content, or at least get it started, is plain silly (and that is a YOU in the plural, this isn't aimed at Scott... ALL of us that SAY we want these threads but don't start them is at fault).

...and if it doesn't take off, that may be a clue that you're the only one interested.

chas

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online