SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13901 - 10/12/00 05:15 PM EMU or AKAI
larry Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I am still unsure as to which sampler I want to get. There are some things I have not been able to figure out on the Emu samplers like;

the midi control change;
in the Akai series samplers, the volume of the effects can be controlled via midi CC's and also the depth of the effect! Can this be done on the EMU samplers as well? How many channels of effects does the Emu have?

#13902 - 10/13/00 09:40 AM Re: EMU or AKAI
digiboy Offline

One of the nice things about the emu is that you can get a pdf version of the manual. Look at the EOS manual at the emu website www.emu.com

Just about everything is midi controllable...as far as "volume" I don't know that all the effects have a volume characteristic, but yes, you can assign midi events to effect parameters.

#13903 - 01/10/01 12:42 AM Re: EMU or AKAI
bassfreq Offline

Loc: west babylon, ny, 11701
I just went through this myself. Did alot of researching & choice E-mu. Yes just about every paramater is midi assignable. On the Akai's (example S3000) the resonance filter is NOT assignable. And as far as the sound, I went down to a local Guitar Center & used a CD-Rom w/ the same samples on both the Akai & The E-mu. The E-mu sounded a hell of alot warmer. I will give Akai the benifit, they're punchy...but thats only good for drums & not much else.

[This message has been edited by bassfreq (edited 01-10-2001).]

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online