SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#138104 - 04/21/02 12:34 PM I bought Solton MS100...Impressive!
David Ryu Offline

Hello! I'm the guy who asked about what to chose, Solton MS series keyboard, or, as suggested, Korg PA80, or something else... I played a lot of keyboards these past week, and finally decided to take MS100. I am very impressed by the keyboard, its really cool! The styles are incredible, and the sounds are mostly very eerie (for example, musicbox), which I like. But, as I intended, I bought a second hand keyboard, so can somebody please tell me where I can find some support (maybe an online operating manual). Btw, is there a way to restore all settings to default (everything is jerked here). If there is no support, can somebody please answer what's a "jump" option, what is "registration". And, is there a way to make a piano sustained without a sustain pedal which i dont have yet (is there a sustain pedal for it?)
thanks everybody who helped me choose
D

#138105 - 04/21/02 12:44 PM Re: I bought Solton MS100...Impressive!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
David,
You can find lots of info by joining the Solton Club: http://www.angelfire.com/ms/synthmuzic/index.html
Lots of nice people there, and it is free.
DonM

#138106 - 04/21/02 12:45 PM Re: I bought Solton MS100...Impressive!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Congratulations for your new keyboard; the only link I can suggest is the Ketron (Solton) official web-site:
Good luck.
Andrea
http://www.ketron.it

#138107 - 04/21/02 01:20 PM Re: I bought Solton MS100...Impressive!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
David,
Don is correct about joining the Solton Club. It is hosted by Bob Hughes and there are hundreds of Solton users in this group.
To answer a couple of quick questions......
the jump feature allows you, when turned on, to hit the fill in 1 or 2 button and automatically advances you to the next variation (fill 1) or to the previous variation (fill 2) or if you hit fill 3 it stays right where you left it. Also, when jump is on, you will only get intro's and never get an ending when the jump is "on". This is useful for musicians who like to use intro's to chain styles together. You must turn off the jump feature before hitting the intro/ending button if you want an ending.
Registrations are where you select the style, sounds, effects, etc. you would like to store and by selecting a registration bank and number you are calling up everything you need to play the keyboard in a style and tempo and sound set you like.
I think there is a way to turn on sustain, but I haven't had an MS100 in my store for about 6 years so I can't remember.
I don't know if there is any online manuals available, but you should be able to get one from the distributor in your country.
Enjoy,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#138108 - 04/21/02 08:42 PM Re: I bought Solton MS100...Impressive!
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
Hi David,
This is the only info. I have on the MS100.
And it's not much. http://www.ciasom.com.br/solton/ms100.html

I think it's a very good idea, for you to join the Solton Club!
All the best,
Nobbt

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 04-21-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online