SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#137603 - 01/24/06 10:00 AM New Song Uploaded
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Amorada. http://s46.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BJANR5D1KI9M0MSENA087FGYF
This is demo Midi file that uses one of the presets and styles of the instrument, and so could be played live, but unfortunately not by me.
I have adjusted the mixer output for a standard audio system.
Enjoy.

Bill

#137604 - 01/24/06 02:14 PM Re: New Song Uploaded
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Abacus.
All I'm getting is a server error please try later. Does this mean that all the download slots have been taken?

#137605 - 01/24/06 02:46 PM Re: New Song Uploaded
abacus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig_UK:
Hi Abacus.
All I'm getting is a server error please try later. Does this mean that all the download slots have been taken?

Hello Craig.
I have just tried the link, and found no problems, however you do sometimes come across server error problems, but if you try again later it usually works.

Bill

#137606 - 01/24/06 03:14 PM Re: New Song Uploaded
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Bill. My (previous to arranger kb playing which began 8 years ago) background was trad piano & synth keyboards, so home organ playing is pretty much absent from my music making venacular. I never heard Amorada (great tune) before, but have since noticed it is particularly popular with older organ players. I love the latin style, especially the clave rhythm, and of course the well executed playing as well, though I Wish I could have heard you say that it was played by you. Ok, curious what (arranger?) keyboard this was originally recorded on. Can you share more background information on the source (artist, kyeboard: arranger or elec organ) and recording process of this tune?

Back to the topic of classic songs especially popular for organ playing, like: Petite Fleur, Spanish Eyes, Patricia, Tico Tico, Whiter Shade of Pale, etc. Can some people here perhaps provide a listing of classic show stopping organ favorites suitable for playing on the arranger keyboard as well.

Thanks. - Scott

#137607 - 01/24/06 09:00 PM Re: New Song Uploaded
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Hello Bill,
Thanks for sharing. Now I am going to work in high spirits!

Regards,
George

#137608 - 01/25/06 06:12 AM Re: New Song Uploaded
abacus Offline

Hello Scott
I believe the Amorada song you heard was played live by Mark Whale on the Wersi Scala Organ using OAS 6, and saved using the Midi Record function, (Same as hard disc recording but using Midi instead of Audio) now as all Wersi OAS instruments use the same sound samples, when it was played back on my Abacus (Running OAS 6) it would sound the same, (Which is why all Wersi instruments come with the same Midi demo files installed) to play it exactly as you here it live on the Abacus, you would need to use the right hand multi split and add a pedal board.
All the presets and styles used in the demo are factory standard.
You are quite correct about Amorada being popular with organists, in particular Hammond players, as Latin tunes seem to fit in with the organ sounds perfectly.
One tune that has been done to death though is Tico Tico, (Originally played on Hammond by Ethel Smith) which in the 80s, organists used to use, to see who could play it the fastest.
Hope this answers a few questions.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online