SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#135181 - 02/22/04 07:26 AM The value of spares...and meatloaf...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yesterday evening, while scanning the various forums, I noticed that my computer's monitor flickered, then came back to life. A few minutes later, it flickered, then a crackling sound came from the monitor--not a good sign.

I immediately turned off the monitor, checked all the connections, which is usually the first thing to suspect, then turned it back on. The crackling sound grew louder, the screen went wild, and I knew the monitor's flyback transformer had taken a dirt nap (died).

As you are well aware, I'm a stickler for have spares. I have two identical keyboards, two Vocalist VRs, two wireless mic systems, two Barbettas, and I'm still looking for a second laptop. The same holds true with computers--I have two, complete, desktop systems and both are frequently updated with files transferred from one to the other via a USB transfer cable. If one crashes, the other can be put in operation in less than a minute. Hell, until a few days ago, I even had a spare car--just to be on the safe side. Unfortunately, it took a dirt nap as well, and my van is being serviced. Now I have to depend on my loving spouse for transportation--HA!

I was in the process of sending one of my recipes to Donny and Brickboo when the incident occured, and fortunately, because I have a spare everything, I was able to do this just two minutes later. It's a recipe for meatloaf that I came up with many years ago, when I discovered that the reason most people don't enjoy the taste of meatloaf is because most taste like baked, unseasoned hamburger. In contrast, this recipe, which has been published a few times, is considered a gourmet's delight by some of Baltimore's leading chefs. While it calls for ground venison, you can substitute lean, ground beef and acheive excellent results as well.

Enjoy!
SAVORY VENISON MEAT LOAF

Deer hunters throughout the nation are enjoying record breaking seasons, harvesting more white tails than any time in recent history. This translates into lots of tasty steaks, chops, cutlets and naturally, copious volumes of ground venison. Venison is fat free, low in cholesterol and when properly prepared, quite flavorful. This particular dish is sure to please even the most skeptical family members, including those who equate all deer to Bambi.

INGREDIENTS:

3 lbs. lean, ground venison (no added fat)
1 package Lipton's Dry Onion Soup Mix
½ cup Yoshida Gourmet Sauce (regular flavor)
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 eggs (beaten)
½ cup shredded carrot
½ cup sweet, red bell pepper (chopped fine)
1 cup Vidalia Onion (chopped)
2 tblsp. Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 tsp. garlic powder
½ cup parsley flakes

DIRECTIONS:

Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, form into a loaf and place in a covered baking pan. Pour a small amount of Yoshida Gourmet Sauce over the meat loaf, cover and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 30 minutes per pound or until the loaf's center reaches 170 degrees on a meat thermometer. Remove the pan's lid for the final 20 minutes and baste frequently with gourmet sauce. Serve hot with steamed carrots, twice baked potatoes and garden salad. Incredible!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#135182 - 02/22/04 08:49 AM Re: The value of spares...and meatloaf...
Dnj Offline

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#135183 - 02/22/04 10:14 AM Re: The value of spares...and meatloaf...
renig Online   content

Loc: Canada
Hope you haven't got a spare wife somewhere, too!

#135184 - 02/22/04 10:44 AM Re: The value of spares...and meatloaf...
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Ahhhh..but meatloaf ain't meatloaf unless it's made with MMMMMMMMoose!!

#135185 - 02/22/04 11:25 AM Re: The value of spares...and meatloaf...
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
"Ahhhh..but meatloaf ain't meatloaf unless it's made with MMMMMMMMoose!!"

Ah Yes--had some mooseloaf when I lived out west, and I must confess, it was pretty good. The attractive young lady that made it called it "Moose-loaf."

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#135186 - 02/22/04 11:47 AM Re: The value of spares...and meatloaf...
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Never knew meatloaf (something we don't even have here) had anything to do with Arranger Keyboards. Or has this become a "slowchat" part of the SZ forum?

#135187 - 02/22/04 12:53 PM Re: The value of spares...and meatloaf...
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Ooops..Sorry Bart..a little off topic, but hey..
We all gotta eat sometime.

#135188 - 02/22/04 02:15 PM Re: The value of spares...and meatloaf...
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Burkels:
Never knew meatloaf (something we don't even have here) had anything to do with Arranger Keyboards. Or has this become a "slowchat" part of the SZ forum?

Heh, "Paradise by the dashboard light" composed on an arranger? hmmmmm guess anything is possible in the world of arranger keyboards.

------------------
The old Newb

#135189 - 02/22/04 09:13 PM Re: The value of spares...and meatloaf...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I can vouch for Gary's recipes, at least the "No Alarm Chili". I made a batch today and it brought the house down. So much that I had to call him on the spot to relay the acolades. Have to confess - IMHO, good food is one of the 3 primary joys of life... and there's been times I've forgotten what the other 2 are!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online