SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#133794 - 12/09/03 09:23 PM A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
As an actively participating SZ member for nearly 4 years, I've always wondered just how our forum is able to sustain itself financially. Realizing (and appreciating) that Synthzone (thankfully) only has one advertisement banner, I would think that this alone could not subsidize the constantly increasing webspace & subsequent storage fees(?) our ever growing accumulated message postings surely must have added up to over the many months and years.

In addition, this doesn't even take into account all the countless hours, weeks, and years of 'website maintenance' work that Nigel, our moderator & SZ System administrator, has to do to keep our forum running so smoothly, as it has. I realize that I far too often take our special Synthzone Arranger Keyboard forum for granted, forgetting about all the behind the scenes work Nigel does to keep Synthzone up for us.

Whenever our SZ website does go down (luckily rarely, thanks to Nigel ), I suddenly feel disconnected from my arranger keyboard family here.

I don't know what all is involved in being a website administrator, so perhaps Nigel can fill us in on all the behind the scenes work required to keep Synthzone up and running. Until then, MANY MANY thanks from the bottom of my heart to you Nigel for EVERYTHING you've done (and continue to do) to maintain Synthzone as the special place that it is for arranger keyboardists, and which has not only enabled me to chat online with other arranger kb enthusiasts around the world, but to meet many in person, and develop lifelong friendships as well. Happy holidays to all. - Scott

#133795 - 12/09/03 09:40 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Benno Kattenat Offline

Loc: qualicum beachBC Canada
THIS ALSO GOES FROM ME, I ALSO AM LEARNING A LOT FROM THIS FORUM,SO THANK YOU NIGEL, MERRY HOLLIDAYS TO YOU ALL,BEST REGARDS BENNO

#133796 - 12/09/03 09:46 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
FreeStyle Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I agree with Scott too. I've learnt so much from this forum / website and would also like to thank Nigel and other behind-the-scene members for keeping up this place.

#133797 - 12/09/03 10:15 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Gotta chime in here. Scott and I have been here close to the same length of time. It's been much better since Nigel took over.
DonM

#133798 - 12/09/03 10:21 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
MagicUser Offline

Loc: New York, USA
Thanks Nigel. For Keeping our "family" together. And allowing us to share and learn from each other in this format. It is a rare day that I don't check in even with my busy schedule.

Thanks,

- Brian

#133799 - 12/10/03 01:59 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
trtjazz Offline

Nigel
Two thumbs up and a little something extra in your stocking this year besides a lump of coal. Who knows maybe even asecond bowl of soup too.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#133800 - 12/10/03 02:33 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Hey thanks to all of you for your ongoing support. It really makes it all worthwhile.

Unfortunately there is minimal advertising revenue since the dotcom crash so http://www.synthzone.com runs at a loss nowadays and relies on me continuing to work my day job to pay the monthly dedicated server charges. I am looking at some cheaper options but because things have been running so smoothly for a few years now since I got the dedicated server I have been reluctant to risk changing to a hosted service. I also ran into problems with hosting services before the server and this BBS was an example of that when it was running on synthworld.com and was shut down by the hosting service in 2001. I'm sure that many of you were already members back when that happened. After that I moved it to the Synth Zone server and all has been great since then. But finances may force me to try something cheaper in the near future. I'll warn you all before I do in case there are some glitches.

There is always plenty for me to do when I get home from work though I do check on the BBS during the day from the office. Apart from maintaining links listings and deleting outdated links from the Synth Zone pages I also have quite a bit of email from new BBS members and existing members who are having problems posting. I regularly back up the BBS system in case I need to restore it again. Of course I monitor all the forums daily and deal with any problems. And every now and then the server gets hacked by people that have nothing better to do, and that always causes headaches for a week or two while the damage is being fixed.

Reading the postings on this BBS daily for so many years has made me realize what a great online musical community we have here. There are so many people here who are a pleasure to have come in contact with both musically and personally. I really am just happy that I can continue to help keep this service online.

Thanks again to all of you for providing so much to the BBS over the years.

#133801 - 12/10/03 05:09 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Nigel .... you know how much we all appreciate your work. I'm glad Scott started a public "suck up" to give your some props ! You desreve it all !
If it ever gets too much to bear ..... I'm sure most of us will pay a fee to keep it going. I'd miss this place terribly if it goes south. Don't hurt yourslef too much ... we're all here to participate.

#133802 - 12/10/03 05:11 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Keyboard City gift certificates are available ! Ho Ho Ho .....Nigel !
If you never met Nigel , your missing one of the nicest people you could meet .

How much to advertise ?

Dano

------------------
Technics,Ketron Yamaha Casio arranger keyboards . www.keyboardcity.net
1-866-348-8876

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 12-13-2003).]

#133803 - 12/10/03 05:13 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Amelius Offline

Loc: Milan, Italy
Nigel and all,

I have been a member in BBS for the last (almost) 4 years, and I wish to thank you on behalf of all "foreigner" members who are able to keep in touch with you and get precious advice and friendship across the world.

For example, yesterday I was about to purchase a second hand DAW (Roland 18..) for $1000, but thanks to Scottee's post I looked into Yammy AW16G, and found a brand new offer of $1100 (cdR included).

Just how BBS improves our musicians' lives.

Thanks again from Italy.

Amelio

#133804 - 12/10/03 06:16 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
To Nigel - For he's a jolly good fellow. Thanks so much for all of your hard work and dedication. It is much appreciated, even though we take it all for granted all too often.

#133805 - 12/10/03 06:37 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Though I've only been here a little over a year, it's a nice place to visit, and learn. This would obviously not be possible without Nigel's dedication to maintaining this excellent forum. Thanks Nigel for everything you've done for all of us.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#133806 - 12/10/03 06:41 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Nigel If it ever gets too much to bear ..... I'm sure most of us will pay a fee to keep it going. I'd miss this place terribly if it goes south. Don't hurt yourslef too much ... we're all here to participate.

A word from me. I look forward to clicking on to Synthzone every day like it was a daily dose of liquid refreshment to keep me linked to a world of music lovers and I really would be less relaxed without the opportunity to hear from my fellow members.
I , for one, would be not only willing but proud to show my appreciation of being able to 'rub shoulders' with the great guys who lend their time to help and support our efforts at making music. And showing my appreciation financially would be an honour not just another buck.
I would like Nigel to suggest the easiest means of supporting the continuation in a controlled and manageable way (Direct Debit from our accounts for a token few bucks? Wouldn't 20 or so times a couple of bucks be a great contribution?)
cheers
Eddie J

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

my mail is virus-free thanks to Norton Antivirus2002

#133807 - 12/10/03 06:50 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Dnj Offline

Nigel..You Da Man!!!!!

#133808 - 12/10/03 07:07 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
trtjazz Offline

Nigel
While I know it was not your intent to take this opportunity to raise funds, I am sure as Dave and Eddie pointed out many of us would be willing to donate something to the cause as it is for our direct benefit. I would hate to see you move this forum anywhere because of all that I belong to, this one is the most consistent as far as being up and running smoothly.

So if we do care to contribute to the cause where? And how much would help?
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#133809 - 12/10/03 07:39 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
...Until then, MANY MANY thanks from the bottom of our hearts to you Nigel for EVERYTHING you've done (and continue to do) to maintain Synthzone as the special place that it is for arranger keyboardists...

I don't think it could be said any better!

If ever the time comes that you need help, just ask. You can count me in.

mike

#133810 - 12/10/03 07:50 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Nigel, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You
If & when you need help you can count me in.
Denny

#133811 - 12/10/03 07:54 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
notlos Offline

Loc: Belgium
Nigel,
Since a few year ago i wrote here my first post and it is amazing what a great forum this is and will ever be !!! Nice people here with the same interest and good "topics" from many members !!!
I love this forum, i write not every week or month but there's not going a day past without surfing to this forum and read many interesting topic's on this forum.
I THINK THIS URL WILL NEVER BE DELETED IN MY FAVOURITES WEBPAGE'S.
Thanks to Nigel for his hard working !!!
keep going on Boy !!!!
Regards,

notlos
www.notlos.com

------------------

#133812 - 12/10/03 07:56 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Nigel
While I know it was not your intent to take this opportunity to raise funds, I am sure as Dave and Eddie pointed out many of us would be willing to donate something to the cause as it is for our direct benefit. I would hate to see you move this forum anywhere because of all that I belong to, this one is the most consistent as far as being up and running smoothly.

So if we do care to contribute to the cause where? And how much would help?
Terry

Count me in. I've been reading and posting here a little over 3 years now, and have enjoyed every minute of it. There are so many things I've learned by visiting the general Synth zone website and also from this forum that I otherwise may not have ever known. The help and input from members of this site, along with the sharing of ideas and camraderie, is invaluable to me.

AJ

#133813 - 12/10/03 07:58 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
Nigel,

You got my back too, bro. I've communicated with some great people on this forum (TonyMads, Scottyee, Uncle Dave, Donny, DonM, Terry, DanO, Brian, Gary, my paesans from Italy, etc.)

Anything I can do, just ask my friend...

Angelo

#133814 - 12/10/03 08:09 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Nigel..
As an avid arranger fan I belong to most all the related forums. SZ and the PSR Tutorial are, without a doubt, the easiest to navigate. Just the 1 banner ad (and relevant at that). No popups. No distractions. Your work and dedication to the site are most appreciated.
Eddie

#133815 - 12/10/03 08:23 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
What can I say. Nigel's helped me more than once when something got screwed up.

WOW!, and some of the arguments here with Dave were almost as good as the ones I use to have in the pool halls in New Orleans hustling nine ball. It's kept my blood moving.

Thanks again Nigel,
Boo

#133816 - 12/10/03 08:31 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Nigel...
I can only echo what all the others have already said. You are the best, and SZ is the best. Contributers have been here for one another, and not just for synth related issues. Where do I send my cheque?
You are at the top of a list of some very unique individuals. My hat's off to you.

#133817 - 12/10/03 09:00 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
I too think this place is too special for any of us to take for granted. Thanks Nigel for all your hardwork and dedication to our little community.

These days very little comes for free and yet Synthzone whilst probably the most valuable place I visit on the net remains free and open to all.

When this topic came up a while ago Nigel said he was considering putting up a PayPal button for people who wanted to contribute. I have been keeping my eyes peeled but no button yet!

I am sure that if you did this NIgel you would be pleasantly surprised by the support you recieve. You have never asked 'us' for anything and yet tirelessly work to keep all this up and running for us all.

I can understand your hesitation in passing round the cap but it looks like we insist that you do

I suggest PayPal as that makes it so much easier for us peeps not in the USA but really any system you choose would be fine....as long as we can show our appreciation.

I could even appropriate a racing pigeon and attach some moolah to it's delicate little leg if needs must!! Just grab the cash, give it a drink and send it home
Very best to you Nigel and thanks again
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 12-10-2003).]

#133818 - 12/10/03 09:13 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Nigel...

Ditto to the many comments made by Scott and others. Before semi-retiring I was on a few professonal forums, none of which comes close to the "professionalism", joy, entertainment, and most of all, help found on this forum.

Being relatively new to arranger keyboards, I'm within days of my first gig. My guess is that without this forum I'd get there in a few years, if at all.

I would be in favor of $ support, either on a voluntary, or nominal fee basis. My bet is 90 some % here would agree. Thanks Nigel... and have a great holiday season and new year!

Glenn

(Wayta go Scott!)

#133819 - 12/10/03 09:37 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Nigel,

As a professional software and Web designer and one who runs his own band's website, I can appreciate the hard work, dedication, late nights, gallons of Jolt, strange looks from the family, bags and dark spots under the eyes, bloodshot eyes, gallons of Visine, Pizza stained jeans, gigs and gigs of backups, failed attempts at prototypes, hours searching for graphics, hours searching and testing new software and utilities, dumb questions, smart questions, kind people, nice people, downright horrible people, phonecalls, emails, instant messages, faxes, number of times your mouse ball has frozen, all the new keyboards, new computers, bags of tea, lbs of coffee, mouse clicks, key hits, google searches, next buttons, back buttons, times you've typed www, and on, and on, and on, and on.....

Just say the word and I'll be by your side if you need technical help. I can write ASP, HTML, Javascript, SQL Queries, Oracle, etc...

Thanks for all your work...Maybe we should sell SynthZone T-Shirts with all the profits going to Nigel!!!!

Regards and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Al

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 12-10-2003).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#133820 - 12/10/03 09:51 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
cassp Offline

OK guys & gals, I've got my $20 out; I wear a XXL. My favorite colors are black, gold and burgundy (SZ colors).

#133821 - 12/10/03 10:20 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Nigel,

I too echo everything that has been said. Thank you so very much. I'm also willing to contribute to the cause. This forum and the folks in it are number one in my book. You should not have to pay out of your pocket to keep it running. Just say where to send the contributions and it will happen.

Thanks and have a very happy holiday season.

Tom

BTW: Where can we buy some Synthzone apparel?

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 12-10-2003).]

Tom

#133822 - 12/10/03 11:07 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Uncle Dave Offline

That's the ticket Nigel - sell the "zone" Tees as a fund raiser! I'll take another one ! I spilled grease on the last one I had. I need a smaller size now - Just XL will do fine thanks!
Can we paypal you some "comtributions?

#133823 - 12/10/03 12:00 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Hi Nigel,

Dedicated folks like you reinforce the point that unselfish people still exist. Please count me in for a contribution to the site. As evidenced by the earlier posts just let us know what you need and we'll be there.

RP

#133824 - 12/10/03 01:25 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
Way to go Nigel!
This page has been my homepage since I became a member (about 1 year ago).
This place has always been my main source of information, and the greatest source of information to me.
As a beginning musician, I've learned a lot from this forum, And I thank you and all of the great members a zillion times .

Keep this up guys, were almost at 50.000

Greetz ,
Marcel

#133825 - 12/10/03 02:20 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Anonymous
Unregistered

I join to all the group in thanking Nigel for the patient and dedicated work he has been doing (in the shadow) to keep this cozy place well alive. Despite of long periods of silence, when my "real" work drives me nuts, I come to this place almost every day. If I'm playing live using arranger keyboards, you are most certainly guilty of that! I don't know of any real or virtual place in which I could have 1/10 of the great advice I find here. Not to speak of all the great friends I've found at SynthZone. Without hesitations, Nigel, I will contribute in every way you find necessary. Thanks for all.

-- José.

#133826 - 12/10/03 02:53 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Roel Offline

Nigel,

I think I'm a member since 4 years too and visit this forum EVERY day !!

Scott : Did we move at the same time from the 'greatwestmusic' (technics site) to SZ ?

Thanks for your great work Nigel !

Roel

#133827 - 12/10/03 03:48 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Nigel, I don't use paypal but Email me your
address & the check will be on it's way
Denny

#133828 - 12/10/03 03:53 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Scott : Did we move at the same time from the 'greatwestmusic' (technics site) to SZ ? Roel

Yep, I think so. Boy, we really go back far don't we. It just goes to show that good friends like us do whatever it takes (even a website move) to 'stay' in the BEST of company. Happy holidays to both you & Wietse. - Scott

#133829 - 12/10/03 04:32 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I do not post often but I do visit the site almost every day and have enjoyed over the years the information and stories people have shared. This is truly a wonderful group of people and source of terrific information. Thank you NIGEL!!!!!!!!

#133830 - 12/10/03 05:31 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Nigel: I give money every week, in the form of tips, many times for very little service, and mostly to people I don't even know. We all know you very well, and your service is way beyond that which we usually tip for. Money is replaceable---but, Nigel
is not. Count me in for a generous tip, just let me know when and where. ARJ

#133831 - 12/10/03 07:42 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Nigel,

I echo my gratitude to you for your labor of love. I love this place and check in to read the posts several times a day. It's fun, informative, and a great community. There's no reason why you should have to shoulder the financial responsibilities alone. Please let us know how we can help.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#133832 - 12/10/03 08:08 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I too echo everybody else's sentiment in regards to Nigel and the fine work he's done in providing us not only this General Arranger Forum but all the other Forums Nigel manages within the Synth Zone BBS.

I also am willing to support this Forum and Nigel in a financial way to help maintain this Server and the 'one' who serves it.

If I may suggest: (as this is a sensitive matter for some who visit this Forum) that support and donations should be on a volunteer basis. As an example of how you may want to do it, you may want to follow Joe Water's formula over at the PSR 2000 Tutorial site. Joe has set up a voluntary Charter Membership fee of $24 a year. He uses a PAY PAL system which is quick and efficient. Each member that signs up is given a CD-ROM full of Styles, Midi's, Multipads, etc., but in your case Nigel maybe give a Tee Shirt to each and every Member who signs up to support this site with a fee of $24 (or whatever the amount) a year. Also instead of a fixed fee you may just want to have an "any time, any amount" member participation; again on a strictly voluntary basis. Being done on a voluntary basis puts no strain or burden on Members and other people who visit this site yet may be limited in their ability or unwilling to support this Forum on a financial basis. Also if a 'required' fee was instigated I think we may lose a lot of participation, and also knowledge and info from a vast diverse spectrum of Keyboardists in general who wouldn't be willing to stick around if a fee was mandatory to participate.

My 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

Happy Holidays!
Mike

#133833 - 12/10/03 10:31 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Chris A Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ,
I have to agree with all of the sentiment here and also add that, whether you realize it or not, Synthzone is a unique and valuable resource for those of us who are involved in designing these products. I know that I am one of very few industry people who actually post here but you would be amazed at how many times I'll be talking with fellow programmers / designers /product managers who will say "oh I saw your post on Synthzone yesterday". For us it represents a direct interface with the people who keep us in business and for that, I woud like to thank you all and, in particular, to thank Nigel Spencer for making this possible.

I'm right there in the line to offer Paypal contributions. Just tell me where to send it.

Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris A (edited 12-10-2003).]

#133834 - 12/11/03 12:25 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Nigel Offline
Admin

It's this very attitude of helping and sharing that make this a very special place online. I'd like to thank you all for all your offers of help and support. It really is appreciated and will help to ensure Synth Zone remains online.

I've never asked for donations or subscription fees because I started Synth Zone back in 1994 when the spirit of the Internet was a FREE exchange of ideas and information and I still strongly believe in that today. That is why you'll never be bombarded with popups or other annoying marketing tools. Synth Zone is simply about providing a center online for electronic keyboard musicians to communicate and find links to related websites and files online. But I have now created a PayPal donation button ( below ) that will allow those of you with a PayPal account to make a donation to help Synth Zone. There is no suggested donation amount as any donation towards maintaining Synth Zone will be very gratefully received.

Have a great Christmas and here's to many more years together online.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-11-2003).]

#133835 - 12/11/03 02:26 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
I came in late on this one, but simply said, I agree with all the above!

Well done Nigel!

------------------
Roy-Andrè

#133836 - 12/11/03 02:46 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Hi all

I know that Nigel will keep you posted about your generosity.
But to help keep the momentum going, I have already heard that the donations are rolling in.
"Good on 'yer ,mates" keep it going!

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

my mail is virus-free thanks to Norton Antivirus2002

#133837 - 12/11/03 03:39 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
YamBox Offline

Loc: Finland
Nigel,

soon 10 years! Wow...

What more can I say.. It´s all said allready. Damn, I never knew SZ could be this addictive...

And I know, you guys warned me

#133838 - 12/11/03 07:15 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
I've only been a member for a couple of months, but I come here everyday and really enjoy it. It's a wonderful place to learn and help.

Thanks Nigel!!!!

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#133839 - 12/11/03 07:22 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Smokey Offline

Loc: Colorado
Hi Nigel,
This is the first stop every morning. I’d like to say thanks for a great site. I am a lurker and a taker. I don’t have the knowledge to contribute much, but I’m learning from all the posters that do contribute. Thanks to you all. I will punch that paypal button and help that way.
Smokey

#133840 - 12/11/03 09:13 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Hi Nigel,
I thank you for this great site, I learn something new everday from this forum, and it is my favorite site. You have a great attitude. Great job. I like the T-shirt idea, but somone else should take on this responsibility.
Starkeeper

#133841 - 12/11/03 09:32 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Well, it's all been said, so all I have to do is add my support ... This is THE site I come to when I go on-line ... So whatever it is, tee shirt sales, nominal annual fee, whatever, count me in ...
t.

#133842 - 12/11/03 11:18 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI to Nigel,
I have just posted in The Technics Forum a similia post and ask you to also place a Pay Pal Icon there for our Technics members.
I have just sent you a contribution and my thanks for giving and sharing with us all.
Merry Christmas to you and yours and all the General Arranger Members too.

------------------
BEBOP
Moderator SynthZone TECHNICS FORUM
http://www.synthzone.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=25
Bill Forrest in SAN JOSE, CALIF. USA
bforrest@ix.netcom.com ICQ # 562519
Homepage http://www.anycities.com/bebop/

#133843 - 12/11/03 11:35 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
KN_Fan Offline

Hey Nigel,
I work in a clothing industry (T-shirts, jackets and all). If you have anything in mind (a nice fleece vest, etc..or any kind of merchandise) you can let me know. I'll try to help you out

Other merchandise like keychain and stuff, I can probably get it from overseas.

KN.

#133844 - 12/11/03 01:02 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
cassp Offline

OK t-shirt fans, how about this for a design. Use a burgundy (or maybe teal) t-shirt and put the synthzone logo and a keyboard (similar to the MF banner) on a screen within a black background and a bold gold stripe on the bottom of the black. It would look like our screen view.

I've already made my contribution, but I'd still be willing to buy a shirt.

#133845 - 12/11/03 01:46 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Nigel,

How about a name and an address for those of us without a paypal account?

Cassp,

There already is a design and there have been shirts. Uncle Dave has one and there may be others.

Tom

#133846 - 12/11/03 03:16 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
trtjazz Offline

Tom
You don't need to have a pay pal account or at least it's nothing to do so. I used it this a.m. for the first time for my donation and it just allows you to use a charge card to make it. I did set up the account which takes nothing really just the same info as if you were going to pay for something online with a charge card.
Terry

------------------
jam on,

#133847 - 12/11/03 05:47 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Nigel Offline
Admin

Although I always knew we had a great community here I am really knocked out by the response for the members. I was asked to provide a PayPal donation button by some of the members but I hadn't realized how many people were prepared to help support Synth Zone until I actually did it.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 12-21-2003).]

#133848 - 12/11/03 06:21 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Vquestor Offline

Nigel,
Ditto all the accolades. This is the
first site I go to daily after I check
my email.

#133849 - 12/11/03 06:42 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Thanks Nigel from South Africa

#133850 - 12/11/03 07:03 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
as i have always said we are an international family who meet via this site who all share the love of music,from people from all walks of life,who give of themselves just for the sake of asking,may this site always be here,nigel you have my support also,god bless you all,mike

#133851 - 12/11/03 07:50 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Your site is the reason I've learned what to buy, how to record.. Maybe it's not such a good idea to have this site... Inspires the less talented folks (ME) to aspire to greatness...(or in my own mind)
Thanks...
DJ

#133852 - 12/12/03 08:07 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
rhumba Offline

Loc: Minneapolis, MN, USA
Here was where I got my PA80. When ready for the next arranger, it will be here that I will find the relevant information I need to make the right decision.

Thanks Nigel!!!

#133853 - 12/12/03 10:08 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
Thank you Nigel for all your hard work through the years keeping the Synth Zone BBS up and running. Keep on keeping on !!

#133854 - 12/12/03 12:27 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
cassp Offline

Tom C, thanks for the t-shirt info. To WHOMEVER - I want one!

#133855 - 12/12/03 01:46 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
I just mailed my money order...yes it's in U.S. funds. Thanx again for all the great work Nigel. Have a Great Christmas & a terrific 2004

#133856 - 12/12/03 01:58 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Uncle Dave Offline

...and the crowd came together in a big way to keep the talk alive ! I'm proud to be a part of this place. This is just like the response we got to help out Ryan a few years ago. You people are aces !

#133857 - 12/12/03 03:01 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Nigel, you should have a GREAT CHRISTMAS! And you deserve it.
DonM

#133858 - 12/12/03 03:54 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
...and the crowd came together in a big way to keep the talk alive ! I'm proud to be a part of this place. This is just like the response we got to help out Ryan a few years ago. You people are aces !

HI UD and ALL GAF Members.
I just wanted to let you know that we are getting a good response to this on the Technics forum also. Many of our Technics people have sent in their contributions for the SynthZone to help make up the shortage Nigel has been funding out of pocket from his various jobs.
Merry Christmas and thanks to all
Bebop

#133859 - 12/12/03 04:25 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
KN_Fan Offline

Nigel,
I think it's better for you to mail your address rather than posting it here

God forbid there's an unwanted member sending you a nice Korg PaX or Tyror or something

#133860 - 12/13/03 06:26 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have gotten more help from people here on this BBS then on the Vintage Synth BBS or even the Gas Station BBS. Thanks for having this BBS Nigel it's been a great place for me to meet other synth enthusists. Keep up the excelent work!

#133861 - 12/13/03 08:00 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
tekminus Offline

Who is Nigel?

Happy Birthday to Jesus and Merry Christmas to Nigel.

-tek

#133862 - 12/13/03 08:16 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
cassp Offline

Nigel is the fourth wise man, bringing the SynthZone to all good keyboarders around the net.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online