SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#196088 - 12/13/03 05:56 AM Hardisk Tyros
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I have a real problem with my HDD in my Tyros.

I have for (5 Dec) a year a IBM/Hitachi 20 GB HDD IC25N

and it works fine untill April it started to "ticking and buzzing"-when this happend the whole Tyros crashed & must rebooted to play along. I removed the HDD because the TYROS didnt play,because the HDD with startup of the Tyros locks the whole Keyboard ?? When i had the Hdd in my hands and i shaked it a little it makes a rattling noise, like a loose screw inside ?!

I send the HDD to the shop to test/repair or replace the HDD but i get the unit returnd with a note ,that there was no mailfunction with the Harddidsk ?? and i must pay the post& research !!

I didnt Understand how ,but i mounted the HDD back in the Tyros and ! it works Fine ??? no trouble at all?? I found it strange , but when it works ,it works good for me. Untill November . . . . . .

But now a few weeks ago the strange sound and hooking up of the HDD happens again and i removed it again and send it to the shop where i bought it, with a description of the problem . . . .

But now i am realy confused, i get a Mail today ,they send the HDD unit back and they couldn`t find any Mallfunction and the unit is working properly ??

Now i started to think,should there be a problem with the Tyros (a Bug or so) Now i cant use this HDD, it is not reliable.

Maybe have someone a solution or should i contact Yamaha with this problem ??

Best Regards

Arno

#196089 - 12/13/03 06:14 AM Re: Hardisk Tyros
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Arno

I would definitly contact Yamaha support. This is not the first time I have heard of this problem. Thankfully, I've had my Tyros and IBM Travelstar drive for a year with no faults as you describe. I just hope we don't have a ticking timebomb on our hands with the HD controller in the Tyros.

One question. How stable is the power supply to your Tyros? Do you gig with it? Do you have it powered on the same circuit as an appliance like say your refrigerator? Ok that's a wild guess, but hey who knows.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online