SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#133824 - 12/10/03 01:25 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
Way to go Nigel!
This page has been my homepage since I became a member (about 1 year ago).
This place has always been my main source of information, and the greatest source of information to me.
As a beginning musician, I've learned a lot from this forum, And I thank you and all of the great members a zillion times .

Keep this up guys, were almost at 50.000

Greetz ,
Marcel

#133825 - 12/10/03 02:20 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Anonymous
Unregistered

I join to all the group in thanking Nigel for the patient and dedicated work he has been doing (in the shadow) to keep this cozy place well alive. Despite of long periods of silence, when my "real" work drives me nuts, I come to this place almost every day. If I'm playing live using arranger keyboards, you are most certainly guilty of that! I don't know of any real or virtual place in which I could have 1/10 of the great advice I find here. Not to speak of all the great friends I've found at SynthZone. Without hesitations, Nigel, I will contribute in every way you find necessary. Thanks for all.

-- José.

#133826 - 12/10/03 02:53 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Roel Offline

Nigel,

I think I'm a member since 4 years too and visit this forum EVERY day !!

Scott : Did we move at the same time from the 'greatwestmusic' (technics site) to SZ ?

Thanks for your great work Nigel !

Roel

#133827 - 12/10/03 03:48 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Nigel, I don't use paypal but Email me your
address & the check will be on it's way
Denny

#133828 - 12/10/03 03:53 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Scott : Did we move at the same time from the 'greatwestmusic' (technics site) to SZ ? Roel

Yep, I think so. Boy, we really go back far don't we. It just goes to show that good friends like us do whatever it takes (even a website move) to 'stay' in the BEST of company. Happy holidays to both you & Wietse. - Scott

#133829 - 12/10/03 04:32 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I do not post often but I do visit the site almost every day and have enjoyed over the years the information and stories people have shared. This is truly a wonderful group of people and source of terrific information. Thank you NIGEL!!!!!!!!

#133830 - 12/10/03 05:31 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Nigel: I give money every week, in the form of tips, many times for very little service, and mostly to people I don't even know. We all know you very well, and your service is way beyond that which we usually tip for. Money is replaceable---but, Nigel
is not. Count me in for a generous tip, just let me know when and where. ARJ

#133831 - 12/10/03 07:42 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Nigel,

I echo my gratitude to you for your labor of love. I love this place and check in to read the posts several times a day. It's fun, informative, and a great community. There's no reason why you should have to shoulder the financial responsibilities alone. Please let us know how we can help.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#133832 - 12/10/03 08:08 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I too echo everybody else's sentiment in regards to Nigel and the fine work he's done in providing us not only this General Arranger Forum but all the other Forums Nigel manages within the Synth Zone BBS.

I also am willing to support this Forum and Nigel in a financial way to help maintain this Server and the 'one' who serves it.

If I may suggest: (as this is a sensitive matter for some who visit this Forum) that support and donations should be on a volunteer basis. As an example of how you may want to do it, you may want to follow Joe Water's formula over at the PSR 2000 Tutorial site. Joe has set up a voluntary Charter Membership fee of $24 a year. He uses a PAY PAL system which is quick and efficient. Each member that signs up is given a CD-ROM full of Styles, Midi's, Multipads, etc., but in your case Nigel maybe give a Tee Shirt to each and every Member who signs up to support this site with a fee of $24 (or whatever the amount) a year. Also instead of a fixed fee you may just want to have an "any time, any amount" member participation; again on a strictly voluntary basis. Being done on a voluntary basis puts no strain or burden on Members and other people who visit this site yet may be limited in their ability or unwilling to support this Forum on a financial basis. Also if a 'required' fee was instigated I think we may lose a lot of participation, and also knowledge and info from a vast diverse spectrum of Keyboardists in general who wouldn't be willing to stick around if a fee was mandatory to participate.

My 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

Happy Holidays!
Mike

#133833 - 12/10/03 10:31 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Chris A Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ,
I have to agree with all of the sentiment here and also add that, whether you realize it or not, Synthzone is a unique and valuable resource for those of us who are involved in designing these products. I know that I am one of very few industry people who actually post here but you would be amazed at how many times I'll be talking with fellow programmers / designers /product managers who will say "oh I saw your post on Synthzone yesterday". For us it represents a direct interface with the people who keep us in business and for that, I woud like to thank you all and, in particular, to thank Nigel Spencer for making this possible.

I'm right there in the line to offer Paypal contributions. Just tell me where to send it.

Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris A (edited 12-10-2003).]

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online