SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#133814 - 12/10/03 08:09 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Nigel..
As an avid arranger fan I belong to most all the related forums. SZ and the PSR Tutorial are, without a doubt, the easiest to navigate. Just the 1 banner ad (and relevant at that). No popups. No distractions. Your work and dedication to the site are most appreciated.
Eddie

#133815 - 12/10/03 08:23 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
What can I say. Nigel's helped me more than once when something got screwed up.

WOW!, and some of the arguments here with Dave were almost as good as the ones I use to have in the pool halls in New Orleans hustling nine ball. It's kept my blood moving.

Thanks again Nigel,
Boo

#133816 - 12/10/03 08:31 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Nigel...
I can only echo what all the others have already said. You are the best, and SZ is the best. Contributers have been here for one another, and not just for synth related issues. Where do I send my cheque?
You are at the top of a list of some very unique individuals. My hat's off to you.

#133817 - 12/10/03 09:00 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
I too think this place is too special for any of us to take for granted. Thanks Nigel for all your hardwork and dedication to our little community.

These days very little comes for free and yet Synthzone whilst probably the most valuable place I visit on the net remains free and open to all.

When this topic came up a while ago Nigel said he was considering putting up a PayPal button for people who wanted to contribute. I have been keeping my eyes peeled but no button yet!

I am sure that if you did this NIgel you would be pleasantly surprised by the support you recieve. You have never asked 'us' for anything and yet tirelessly work to keep all this up and running for us all.

I can understand your hesitation in passing round the cap but it looks like we insist that you do

I suggest PayPal as that makes it so much easier for us peeps not in the USA but really any system you choose would be fine....as long as we can show our appreciation.

I could even appropriate a racing pigeon and attach some moolah to it's delicate little leg if needs must!! Just grab the cash, give it a drink and send it home
Very best to you Nigel and thanks again
Tony

------------------
www.tonywmusic.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Tony W (edited 12-10-2003).]

#133818 - 12/10/03 09:13 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Nigel...

Ditto to the many comments made by Scott and others. Before semi-retiring I was on a few professonal forums, none of which comes close to the "professionalism", joy, entertainment, and most of all, help found on this forum.

Being relatively new to arranger keyboards, I'm within days of my first gig. My guess is that without this forum I'd get there in a few years, if at all.

I would be in favor of $ support, either on a voluntary, or nominal fee basis. My bet is 90 some % here would agree. Thanks Nigel... and have a great holiday season and new year!

Glenn

(Wayta go Scott!)

#133819 - 12/10/03 09:37 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Nigel,

As a professional software and Web designer and one who runs his own band's website, I can appreciate the hard work, dedication, late nights, gallons of Jolt, strange looks from the family, bags and dark spots under the eyes, bloodshot eyes, gallons of Visine, Pizza stained jeans, gigs and gigs of backups, failed attempts at prototypes, hours searching for graphics, hours searching and testing new software and utilities, dumb questions, smart questions, kind people, nice people, downright horrible people, phonecalls, emails, instant messages, faxes, number of times your mouse ball has frozen, all the new keyboards, new computers, bags of tea, lbs of coffee, mouse clicks, key hits, google searches, next buttons, back buttons, times you've typed www, and on, and on, and on, and on.....

Just say the word and I'll be by your side if you need technical help. I can write ASP, HTML, Javascript, SQL Queries, Oracle, etc...

Thanks for all your work...Maybe we should sell SynthZone T-Shirts with all the profits going to Nigel!!!!

Regards and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Al

[This message has been edited by kbrkr (edited 12-10-2003).]

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#133820 - 12/10/03 09:51 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
OK guys & gals, I've got my $20 out; I wear a XXL. My favorite colors are black, gold and burgundy (SZ colors).

#133821 - 12/10/03 10:20 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Nigel,

I too echo everything that has been said. Thank you so very much. I'm also willing to contribute to the cause. This forum and the folks in it are number one in my book. You should not have to pay out of your pocket to keep it running. Just say where to send the contributions and it will happen.

Thanks and have a very happy holiday season.

Tom

BTW: Where can we buy some Synthzone apparel?

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 12-10-2003).]

Tom

#133822 - 12/10/03 11:07 AM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
That's the ticket Nigel - sell the "zone" Tees as a fund raiser! I'll take another one ! I spilled grease on the last one I had. I need a smaller size now - Just XL will do fine thanks!
Can we paypal you some "comtributions?

#133823 - 12/10/03 12:00 PM Re: A SPECIAL Synthzone Dedication to Nigel !
Richard Peck Offline

Loc: Tucson, AZ USA
Hi Nigel,

Dedicated folks like you reinforce the point that unselfish people still exist. Please count me in for a contribution to the site. As evidenced by the earlier posts just let us know what you need and we'll be there.

RP

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online