SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#13337 - 10/19/08 02:36 PM How to use Sustain effect in Casio WK 3300 KeyBoard?
niladri Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 10/19/08
Posts: 4
Loc: ellsworth, KS, USA
We (Myself and my wife) interested in Casio WK 3300 keyboard and we are first time buyer. We need to know how do you create a 'Sustaining Effect' when you press and hold down a key? Can it be done by holding down two key in combination?

We also we want to know the quality of this model.

Top
#13338 - 10/19/08 03:05 PM Re: How to use Sustain effect in Casio WK 3300 KeyBoard?
Fran Carango Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 05/26/99
Posts: 8137
Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
You can use a pedal for sustain, and sustain as many notes as you like (32)..
_________________________


www.francarango.com

Top
#13339 - 10/19/08 03:14 PM Re: How to use Sustain effect in Casio WK 3300 KeyBoard?
niladri Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 10/19/08
Posts: 4
Loc: ellsworth, KS, USA
Thanks, but I saw in KORG PA800, by holding down another key on the optional function key, any note can be sustained, without using Sustain Pedal. Is there something in WK3300?

In Yamaha YPG235, if I hold down any key, without Sustain Pedal, the tone plays too.

This is a very importaint factor too for selection of model. Please reply.


Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
You can use a pedal for sustain, and sustain as many notes as you like (32)..

Top
#13340 - 10/19/08 06:12 PM Re: How to use Sustain effect in Casio WK 3300 KeyBoard?
Fran Carango Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 05/26/99
Posts: 8137
Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Casio does not use the sustain button on the WK models..

There is a normal sustain with in the sound as long as you hold the key down..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-19-2008).]
_________________________


www.francarango.com

Top
#13341 - 10/19/08 07:25 PM Re: How to use Sustain effect in Casio WK 3300 KeyBoard?
niladri Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 10/19/08
Posts: 4
Loc: ellsworth, KS, USA
Thanks. We are interested on Casio WK3300 and Yamaha YPG235. Casio has more features where as Yamaha has bigger name.

We need something with depth in sound, that catches other's mind.

Please help us to decide. Music stores sales people are not much of help. We've visited many.

If you suggest something other than the above two and under $500, we will appreciate.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Casio does not use the sustain button on the WK models..

There is a normal sustain with in the sound as long as you hold the key down..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 10-19-2008).]

Top
#13342 - 10/20/08 05:04 PM Re: How to use Sustain effect in Casio WK 3300 KeyBoard?
niladri Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 10/19/08
Posts: 4
Loc: ellsworth, KS, USA
Does Casio WK3300 has any port for External Speaker? I mean can I attach this with a External Speaker?


Quote:
Originally posted by niladri:
Thanks. We are interested on Casio WK3300 and Yamaha YPG235. Casio has more features where as Yamaha has bigger name.

We need something with depth in sound, that catches other's mind.

Please help us to decide. Music stores sales people are not much of help. We've visited many.

If you suggest something other than the above two and under $500, we will appreciate.


Top
#13343 - 11/08/08 12:03 PM Re: How to use Sustain effect in Casio WK 3300 KeyBoard?
roger brandon bradbury Offline
Member

Registered: 07/29/03
Posts: 123
Loc: Willersey, Broadway
Quote:
Originally posted by niladri:
Does Casio WK3300 has any port for External Speaker? I mean can I attach this with a External Speaker?

How about using the headphone jack ?
_________________________
Roger B. Tyros 5 , stage piano, Bose L1


Top
#13344 - 11/08/08 07:13 PM Re: How to use Sustain effect in Casio WK 3300 KeyBoard?
squeak_D Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 10/08/00
Posts: 4622
Loc: West Virginia
You can get the exact same effect as having the sustain button found on the Yamaha's with a Casio WK-3300. The 3300 has basic synth parameters. To get this sustain you just adjust the "release" of the tone. Adjusting the "release" in the positive direction will give you that sustain, BUT it doesn't take much to get that effect. The edit will be minute, and you'll get the same effect as the sustain buttons found on the Yamaha's. You could also then save that edited tone to a user tone slot and just call that voice up like any other without having to constantly reset the release.., or save it to performance.

If memory serves me correctly.., the 3300 has ONE jack that doubles as the phones/output. To get L/R you'd have to go with the higher end 3800 (unless they dropped that feature on this model)

I used to have the Casio WK-3500 by the way. Exactly the same in operation.


[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 11-08-2008).]
_________________________
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Top

Moderator:  Admin 



Help keep Synth Zone Online