SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#133349 - 12/20/06 03:08 PM What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Good ideas often get buried in threads about other things entirely, so I thought I'd start a thread specifically for new ideas.....

What's the three features you wished arrangers had, that they currently don't.....?

(Other than gold, frankincense and myrrh?)

#133350 - 12/20/06 03:51 PM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Spalding1 Offline

Loc: birmingham,england
Actually Diki i think that they have great features already. Wwhat i really really would want from a manufacturer is some kind of video or dvd that visually demontrates not only what the features are but how they can best be used musically. if you like , an instructional video/dvd users manual that a musician would write and not a technical explanation of a function.

#133351 - 12/20/06 04:18 PM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
- The arpeggiator that the Synths have.

- assignable sliders

- Full Piano Roll editing (Like cakewalk) in the song/multipad/style sequencers and the ability to plug in a mouse for easy navigation!

#133352 - 12/20/06 05:19 PM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Dnj Offline

All Realtime controls ON BOARD with no need to go into a menu at all..including Master EQ..sliders

Arranger & Smf to be played totaly SEPERATE & simultaneously.

Two MIC Inputs w/ seperate Vol controls

Ability to Edit/Delete ALL FACTORY STYLES

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-21-2006).]

#133353 - 12/20/06 06:27 PM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
All Realtime controls ON BOARD with no need to go into a menu at all..
]

That's #1 for me too.

also would like a light hard plastic protective cover for top of kb, that clips on, (maybe it could hinge and swing out on the audience side as a giant tip jar LOL?)

internal speakers that can be removable when desired, and also swivel in place, and plugged in and out so they can be placed in different ways. never understood why this hasn't happened yet..easy to do, right?

------------------
Miami Mo

#133354 - 12/20/06 07:26 PM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Nick G Online   content

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:

internal speakers that can be removable when desired, and also swivel in place, and plugged in and out so they can be placed in different ways. never understood why this hasn't happened yet..easy to do, right?

Tyros 2 speakers can be attached/removed and can swivel 360 degrees. they are crap speakers though lol.. well you can get a hell of a lot better for very little money..

#133355 - 12/20/06 07:33 PM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
To be able to select or choose the desired internal styles from the manufacturer. Also, a menu for selection of intros and endings (more than 3 to choose from). Band in a box has a feature where it will create an intro for you.

#133356 - 12/20/06 10:03 PM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
KN_Fan Offline

Haven't played the Tyros2 yet, but if it has the 'composer' feature like Technics does, that would be pretty nice.

Dad was a sole distributor in Asia for a long time, so I had tons of time playing with only Technics products, I'm so accustomed using the composer to make up different songs. Very easy to play live with those things.

I've been impressed with Tyros2's guitar voices, if the sounds are really playable and perhaps tweaked a little bit more to add realism to it, it'll be a very powerful guitar.

Next thing to tackle is realism to Saxophone's natural 'glide'. Tyros2 team tried to add realism with the 'breath' thing, but I don't think it sounds natural, if they can figure out various sounds at various velocity (as Super Mega Voice or something), that would be great.

More powerful and realistic drums, with some 'rolls' and other small fills, syncopated beats, etc.

#133357 - 12/21/06 04:33 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Beakybird Offline

1. A dedicated restart button (like Ketron) for 4/4 songs that have a 3/4 bar.

2. The ability to attach a larger LCD instead of a music rest. The keyboard would store PDF and other kinds of music files for lyrics display.

3. Real time groove and style construction.

4. More real controls.

5. Two mic inputs.

6. Light weight + weighted keys

7. Bluetooth connectivity to computer

8. Password to startup (required every ten times the keyboard is turned on) in case the keyboad is stolen. Without password, from then on, the keyboard will not boot.

9. Speaker system similar to a Bose Wave.

10. Arpeggiator.

Beakybird

#133358 - 12/21/06 05:11 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
A decent keybed and good lasting construction. Both of these however relate to costing.
Roland & Korg appear to have this already in hand. Yamaha is suspect.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 12-21-2006).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online