SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#186132 - 02/10/05 01:30 PM Chord Pro
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
For the past few years, I’ve used the program ‘Chord Pro’ for lyrics and Chords. Recently, I’ve also been using a program called ‘Sharp Eye’ –to ‘scan music’ & import the corrected file into a program called ‘Music Ease’. So-if the song has many lyrics, I’ll
Use ‘Music Ease’ –with one verse & chorus on my left page (for intro’s & solo’s)-then Chord pro on the right page to display the remaining lyrics/chords. Often the ‘Footer’ area on the bottom of the Chord pro page prevented me from entering the last couple of lyric lines-especially if I’m using a size 14/16 font. A neat trick to overcome this problem, Is to set the printer for a ‘legal’ (14”) – rather than the standard 11” page.This sends the 'Footer area' below the 11' page & Works just great if your looking for that bit of additional space!. Now if could only figure a method of displaying two pages at once (side by side) on a 17” laptop, I’d be a happy camper-cause my ‘binder’ is getting large & messy!

#186133 - 02/10/05 04:48 PM Re: Chord Pro
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You can display lyrics side by side on any laptop using most word processors--it's called colums! The best method of using them is to make the right and left margins as small as possible so you can use all of the screen.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#186134 - 02/10/05 07:00 PM Re: Chord Pro
Gord Offline

-Thanks for the info Gary - I know you can do this with lyrics- but because I use different music programs, I have to be able to 'scan' different pages and put them into a PDF file. The problem I'm having is- how to display two PDF files side by side, save it as one file, put it into a 'folder'& quickly 'bring it up' on a laptop screen. Any idea's out there?

#186135 - 02/11/05 06:39 AM Re: Chord Pro
Clif Anderson Offline

If I understand what you want, Adobe Acrobat can do this. I am using Acrobat 7.0 Pro, but I think the standard version and some earlier versions can do this.

First you can convert each of your files to pdf format. Then you can assemble them into a single pdf document (using Create pdf from multiple files), then rearrange the pages. Finally, you can select "view face-to-face" to see two pages at once.

#186136 - 02/11/05 09:15 AM Re: Chord Pro
Gord Offline

Thanks Clif!
I'll give it a try

[This message has been edited by Gord (edited 02-11-2005).]

#186137 - 02/11/05 11:05 AM Re: Chord Pro
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I too use and really like ChordPro (version 3.52) especially because you're able to link & lock in CHORD symbols to always appear directly above a specific associated lyric word right down to the letter. Even if you move or add words later, the Chord remains linked and locked up to the associated letter in a lyric word.

My only complaint about ChordPro is that I'm not able to get very high quality results directly converting them into Freehand (.fh) format for viewing on my MusicPad Pro device, so have to actually print them out and rescan them into a tiff or .png image & import them into my MusicPad Pro+ that way.

Unfortunately, the manufacterers of ChordPro are no longer supporting or further developing ChordPro to improve the printer driver output quality to other programs.

I know of no other lyric-chord only software program which work the way ChordPro does in EASILY linking (locking) the chords (which include a full palette, including all the jazz types) to a specific word (letter). Does anyone else here know if there is one. If so, please provide recommendations.

Thanks. - Scott

#186138 - 12/24/06 01:53 PM Re: Chord Pro
Anonymous
Unregistered

ScottYee,

your post has been around for awhile so with luck you have found a solution. I agree that a tool allowing you to lock the chords to the lyrics is a huge benefit, and have been using Songsheet Generator http://www.tenbyten.com/software/songsgen/index.php for several years now, with very happy results. I use it in conjunction with a full version of Acrobat that allows you to print to PDF from any program. Good luck.

#186139 - 12/24/06 09:18 PM Re: Chord Pro
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Can't you use a screen capture utility to 'grab' the screen image of the sheet music rather than print it out and re-scan?

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online