SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#206172 - 12/18/06 02:28 PM I lost something...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
A few months ago someone posted a link to a headset mic, one that unfortunately, I forgot to save. It was a good looking, nearly invisible headset mic that if I recall was called a Cowboy Mic or something along those lines, and sold for about $300. A couple forum members used this mic and said it sounded great. My wife just asked what I wanted for Christmas! Need an answer ASAP.

Thanks,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#206173 - 12/18/06 02:52 PM Re: I lost something...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I remember the post... very light weight, almost invisible. I'll be darn if I find it tho. Think it was a cord-less. Someone will find it... sorry.

Glenn

#206174 - 12/18/06 06:14 PM Re: I lost something...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Countryman E6

#206175 - 12/18/06 06:16 PM Re: I lost something...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Street price...$400

#206176 - 12/18/06 06:29 PM Re: I lost something...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Cool looking...but omnidirectional. Sounds like it could be a feedback problem.
Eddie

#206177 - 12/18/06 07:05 PM Re: I lost something...

Apparently, they make two models, one is an omnidirectional, while the other is directional. I'm going to call the company tomorrow to find out about the specs and their return policy. Some companies will allow the return of mics, while others claim health laws prevent the return of mics. In reality, there is no health law specfically pertaining to the return of mics in the U.S.--just some companies that wish to make them a final sale item using a make-believe law as if it were a legal precident. I've challenged this several times, and to date, no manuracturer or distributor has come up with a specific law they can refer to. If anyone has such a law, one that specifically pertains to microphones, I would sure like to see it.

Fran, thanks for remembering the mic--my mind seems to have gone to hell, and it was the second thing to go.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#206178 - 12/19/06 11:40 AM Re: I lost something...
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Here is the original http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/000927-2.htmlpost It is a good mic and available in both omni and directional. An "o" or "d" in the model number is the giveaway.

#206179 - 12/19/06 01:35 PM Re: I lost something...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
When you are THAT close to an omni microphone, feedback isn't as big a problem as you might think.... plus omnis tend to be less colored that cardioids.

Just try them both, you never know.....

#206180 - 12/19/06 06:20 PM Re: I lost something...

I talked with the manufacturer today and they said the close proximity with the Bose, which is often just 4 to 5 feet to my right, may be a problem with the omni-directional mic, but should be just fine with the uni-directional model. Also discovered there are three different mic tip covers that change the mic's characteristics--Neat!

The price direct from the manufacturer is full bore, however, they have a 7-day return policy if you don't like the mic. Still waiting to hear from a couple local distributors about their return policies.

I'll keep you posted, and if I do purchase it I'll get brave and post a song or two using this one and the Crown CM-311A for comparison.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#206181 - 12/19/06 08:07 PM Re: I lost something...
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I'll get brave and post a song or two using this one and the Crown CM-311A for comparison

Gary... from what I've heard out of the Crown you'd have time matching the sound, but if the Countryman E6 comes very close, it'd be a heck of a find... the Crown is not comfortable.

Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online