SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#133359 - 12/21/06 06:43 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Removable on board speakers that aren't fiddley to work with, and that do not need a sub woofer.

"Real" drawbars for organ sounds on the Yammies, and better Hammond clones too...Yamaha could learn a lot from Roland in this department.

More assignable pedal inputs on mid range arrangers.

Please...put aftertouch on the mid range arrangers...they put it on low end synths...???

More robust key feel on the mid-range instruments.

Yes, Diki....that chord sequencer would sure be nice as well.

Ian

------------------
Remember to leave good news alone.

#133360 - 12/21/06 08:13 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
mr9000 Offline

Ability to Edit/Delete ALL FACTORY STYLES
----
yes and also preset onboard factory voices to! To me most factory preset voices settings should be able to be replaced forever,and if the person wanted the original back just reload them with the factory reset program included.

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 12-21-2006).]

#133361 - 12/21/06 11:45 PM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
TommyF Offline

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
The Korg keyboards (Pa80/60/50, Pa1X and Pa800) allows you to edit/delete/replace all factory data including styles and sounds. You can tailor the keyboard completely for your own needs. I remember that Synthzone member John Smies did this with his Pa80 several years ago.

Kind regards,
Tommy

#133362 - 12/22/06 05:49 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Dnj Offline

Although I loved the sound, I never liked the navigational OS on any of my Korgs from my 1970 ish Korg "PERSONAL" KB, M1/i3/i30/PA 80/60 that I have performed with for live play on stage ......but, being able to edit ALL styles, drum sets, sounds etc....
was a pleasure & one of its strongest features....I look forward to demoing a PA800 asap to see if at all how things have improved ......we all have different needs with gear & I'm always looking to improve mine.

#133363 - 12/22/06 09:38 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:
Wwhat i really really would want from a manufacturer is some kind of video or dvd that visually demontrates not only what the features are but how they can best be used musically. if you like , an instructional video/dvd users manual that a musician would write and not a technical explanation of a function.

Great idea, but let's hope they wouldn't be written and produced by the same well-intending folks who do the printed manuals.

#133364 - 12/22/06 10:06 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
My wish ... an interactive arranger module based on the Korg PA1XPRO or PA800.
Merry Christmas All.
Jerry

#133365 - 12/22/06 10:44 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Now this is a GREAT idea for a thread that everyone can learn from and everyone can input to..yet so far up to my statement here, only 15 replies in 2 days. BUT-- start a controversial thread, and you get dozens and dozens of repliers.

Where are those that jump into those argument threads to complain about how everyone argues all the time, yet show no interest in participating in ones like this???

------------------
Miami Mo

#133366 - 12/22/06 10:52 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
OK, here's my three.....

Sample load up speeds at computer speeds, NOT USB 1 speeds! To use samples in an arranger you need to be able to load up what you need for each particular song when you need it, NOT an hour in advance! Most everybody now is used to being able to load a style from flash RAM or memory stick without even noticing the time it takes. Samples need to be as transparent to the user.....

More fills, and break fills..... In these days of four variation arrangers, why are we arbitrarily restricted to insufficient fills to make ALL transition smoother...? There should be a dedicated fill from EACH variation, TO each variation. That makes 16 variations if you count fill-to same, doesn't it? And because each fill is only used from one variation to another (and no other) it can be written to be MUCH smoother than fills that never are quite sure where they are going to have to go, up or down in intensity. Although this sounds like MORE work for the style developers, it would actually make things easier, because you wouldn't have to worry about how the fill transitions into different levels (probably the hardest thing about making a style work well)...... And I love the Yamaha Break/fill concept, but why not have one for each variation? One is not enough....... and you would still only need one Break/Fill button, and it automatically play the B/Fill for the variation you are currently in. I am trying to think of things I'd like to see that made working the arranger easier, not more complex!

And finally..... of course..... the return of the Chord Sequencer. The changes for the tune don't usually change in the second verse, why are you tying up your left hand completely, doing something you already did in the first verse? Remember, you are only recording the changes, you can still change variation, add fills or break/fills and bring in your multipads on top of those changes, it's not like using an SMF. You can switch it off for a vamp (or use it for the vamp!) and go back to regular arranger use on the fly, go back to the chord sequence without interrupting ANYTHING. I have no idea why this isn't the number one request from everybody. Surely you wouldn't want to HAVE to play the chords all the time if you didn't have to.......?

Anyway, keep those ideas coming...... it sure beats trying to persuade Wersi to drop their prices!!

#133367 - 12/22/06 11:01 AM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
pasadoble Offline

Loc: Portsmouth, England.UK
Generally Arranger's are constantly moving in the right direction but one of my wishes would be much more intelligent drum patterns, they are still very rigid in timing terms, I would like to see more humanized drumming with subtle random changes just as a real drummer would do to stop it sounding robotic, just little changes in the stick veloctiy and subtle nuances would help create much more natural sounding drum patterns, also would like to see a random 'drum solo' facility included with each style, Technics implimented this feature on a lot of their organs in the 80's & 90's so it can be done.

Thats all from me folks.

Rgds
Noel

[This message has been edited by pasadoble (edited 12-22-2006).]

#133368 - 12/22/06 12:21 PM Re: What's your arranger feature wishlist?
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Fantastic video manuals with great examples!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online