SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#131226 - 12/09/03 04:53 AM xmas keyboard
dazart Offline

Loc: England
Hi,
My daughter wants a keyboard for christmas,so i have been looking at cheaper range keyboards and casio seem good value for money.She would like to sing also,How do you think yamaha range compared to casio in the lower range prices compare?

I have looked at price range up to the yamaha psr-k1.

At that price range for example psr-k1 could you play and sing along to midi files and display the lyrics?

Regards,
Daz

#131227 - 12/09/03 05:07 AM Re: xmas keyboard
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Daz, check out the Roland Em-15, They are closing the model out for $200, and it is a decent board..

#131228 - 12/09/03 05:47 AM Re: xmas keyboard
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I was very impressed with the Yamaha PSR-K1, which not only displays the lyrics from a midi file but the lead notation with it in real time. The midi files that come with it are pretty cool, and of course it comes with a mic and vocal effects for sing-along entertainment. While this could easily turn into a play toy with it's no-mistake Performance Assistant, the K1 also has the potential to get someone started in music theory. For a low-cost starter/entertainment keyboard, I like it. I think my wife secretly wants one.

#131229 - 12/09/03 06:58 AM Re: xmas keyboard
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
I also am impressed with the PSRK1 from Yamaha. It has a lot of fun bells and whistles, but also sports a serious educational suite and plenty of good voices.
I thinks it's a great starter keyboard.

Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#131230 - 12/09/03 07:36 AM Re: xmas keyboard
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I sell both the Casio and Yamaha keyboards. For sound, the WK3000 or WK3500 are a great value, but for fun.....the PSRK1 is great. You can really have a lot of fun with this as a Karaoke player. Just download your favorite songs to the smart media card and you have instant access to hundreds of tunes. Also, there is a feature which lets you play along and you can't play a bad sounding note. It follows the chord changes of the XF song files.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#131231 - 12/09/03 02:51 PM Re: xmas keyboard
dazart Offline

Loc: England
Thankyou all for your suggestions.I think now I will take a serious look at the psrk1.

Happy christmas all,
Regards,
Daz

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online