SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#130207 - 01/24/05 11:15 AM Pedal Settings on PSR 3000
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
Hi all, hope i can explain my problem so everyone can understand. I need to set up two pedals on my 3000 . One for vocal harmony and the other for fills. I can't seem to save the settings to registrations or user. I know that i could save the settings for each registration setting, but on my Tyros i have a Pedal Setting that i just push the button after the initial boot up and i can use the pedals throughout my set-ups. Any one have the same problem. It sure would be a pain to have to go into the on and off page each time i want to use vocal harmony. Thanks, Bob L.

#130208 - 01/24/05 11:25 AM Re: Pedal Settings on PSR 3000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Be sure the appropriate boxes are checked in the Save menu for registrations. Also be sure the overall Parameter Lock or Freeze isn't keeping the registrations from remembering your pedal assignments.
Someone with a 3000 in front of them (like Gary D.) can tell you exactly.
DonM

#130209 - 01/24/05 11:26 AM Re: Pedal Settings on PSR 3000
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by mr82thebar:
I can't seem to save the settings to registrations or user.

Bob, did you remember to make sure that the 'pedal' checkbox is selected in: Registration Memory Contents? This window is accessed via the MEMORY button.

Scott

#130210 - 01/24/05 11:46 AM Re: Pedal Settings on PSR 3000
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I also use two pedals, one for vocal harmony and one for instrument harmony. Essentially, you'll have to construct a registration file that saves just those items you wish to keep as default settings.

Go through the pedal settings and make sure they are exactly where you wish them to be. At the same time, you can also adjust your mic settings as well, again making sure they are exactly what you want.

Now, press the Memory[\b] button next to the the #8 Registration button and a new screen will appear.

Using the scrolling wheel, scroll through the screen and turn off everything othen than the [b]Mic setting
and Pedal by placing a check mark in those boxes using the #8 button at the lower right side of the screen.

Then press the #1 registration button to save the information. Do not turn the keyboard off. Now press the J button at the lower right side of the screen, and save the registration by pressing the bottom of the #6 button, and when prompted, provide it the name of Setup.

Now, each time you turn on your keyboard, press the "J" button and select set-up.

CAUTION: When creating subsequent registrations, make sure the Mic Settings and Pedal boxes are NOT selected, but other appropriate boxes are checked. This will prevent you from entering foot pedal and vocal settings that you may not want in those registrations.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#130211 - 01/24/05 01:55 PM Re: Pedal Settings on PSR 3000
mr82thebar Offline

Loc: Baltimore,Md.
Thanks to all who answered and solved my problem. I did not know about the checkbox. Thanks again. You guys always help out us seniopr citizens. Bob L.

#130212 - 01/24/05 03:51 PM Re: Pedal Settings on PSR 3000
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by mr82thebar:
You guys always help out us senior citizens.

"Seasoned" citizens sounds better !

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online