SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#129203 - 03/28/03 08:56 PM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I don't know the I30 very well, but I normally use my PA80 in either the program mode or the preformance ( arranger ) mode. The latter lets me use different effects setups for the PA80, but both ways work well. You will have to make your own instrument ( device) file for jammer pro for the I30 as I do not believe that model is currently supported. The I3 is supported but I have no idea whether the banks and patches are similar betweeen the two. It isn't hard to make your own device file at all. It is a bit time consuming though. I've made Jammer pro device files for the PA80, Motif, and PSR 740 / 2000. You can start it out in the software to get an idea what you'll need to insert and then once you understand what's going on in it you can also open the file up in wordpad / notepad and finish there. You'll need to know the bank and patch assignments for your instrument sounds ( this should be availaable in your I30 manual )

V questor.. I think I have also seen the Midi Wizard software listed as the Musical Wizard. Anyway, the program can be downloaded by going to http://www.mclink.it/personal/MC3796/

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 03-28-2003).]

#129204 - 03/28/03 09:39 PM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
MusiKMan Offline

Loc: California, USA
BP, the more I play with Jammer pro, the more im falling in love man !!! Seriously, The sounds coming out and the way the arrangements are made are truly professional sounding. I also loaded up Jammer live and it plays for about a minute then It quits because of course its a demo, but one thats where im confused.. Isnt jammer pro supposed to recognize my chord changes sort of like my arranger keyboard does?
I noticed that the only thing i can do is load up a demo song and hit play and it plays back in full fidelity thru my i30 but thats it. I dont see anywhere the option to use chords in realtime etc. Just like Jammer live does. I noticedd that jammer live does recognize the notes really quickly and I would say thats its just as good as my korg i30 chord recognition..

Another question. Say for example I make a song in Jammer pro, then you know how JP separates each drum track for you and you can change volumes,effects etc, Is there a way to load up this song into lets say, Cakewalk 9 home studio, or even Cubase VST32?
I have both of these programs for so long but I have never used them since Ive never really had the need. But I wondered if it would be possible. Why? because I wondered if I can have each midi instrument in its own track including the drums, then If I say, want the snare to have a special insert effect it, it would be so awsome. Is this possible guys?

Im so excited about this info. I think this is going to be so cool for me, since I do mostly home composittions and never ever do any gigs..
Guys I really thank you for all the help and advice. I so happy to be a part of this awsome music family !!

Peace,

MusiKman

Musikman4Christ........

#129205 - 03/28/03 10:36 PM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
Anonymous
Unregistered

This website has a page for listing arranger software:
http://www.synthzone.com/midiaccomp.htm

#129206 - 03/28/03 10:42 PM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
UInfortunately, no, Pro does not recognize chords in real time, but they can be step entered via midi keyboard. Jammer Live does play in realtime, but I don;t think you can create user styles on it with the ucurrent version.

You can save a midifile in Jammer Pro and then open it in CW ? Cubase, etc. When you do save a song made on jammer as a Midifile ( I recommend Type 1 ), remember to make sure that all tracks are selected, as Jaqmmer will only save selected trracks. I also recommmend saving the same song as a "Jammer song", because if you save only a s a midfile and you wish to modify the song inside of Jammer pro later on, you will niot have any of the style parameters available to edit.

AJ

#129207 - 03/29/03 01:22 PM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
MusiKMan Offline

Thanks for info BP, I really hope they bring this option on board. Otherwise its really no use to me. Im not so good at inputing chords etc. Really, I play only by ear and what I know. Thats why the Korg I30 is so useful to me because I get in the Backing sequencer mode, select my arrangement and go from there. Once the backing song is recorded I send it to the regular 16 track sequencer and do more edits if needed.
Thats what I was really looking for in a program that can arrange my music as I play it and also record it in realtime.
So do you think BIAB does this? Im going to have to do more research.
Thank you very much...Help is always very appreciated..

Peace,
MusiKman

Musikman4Christ........

#129208 - 03/29/03 04:27 PM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
Jos Maas Offline

Loc: Hantum, The Netherlands
MusiKMan, the needs that you describe are exactly what I developed my software OneManBand for. Take a look at it at www.home.zonnet.nl/josmaas/onemanband
If you find any function missing or inconvenient then let me know so that I can improve that in a next version.
JM

#129209 - 03/29/03 07:41 PM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
MusiKMan Offline

Awsome !!!!
JM thanks so much for the link.; Im going to download it. I really do dream to have that power on the PC. I think its so possible.
I read the reviews about Jammer pro and wow they are totally awsome, But when it came to chord recognition, It just wasnt there.. I want not only to be able to tweak the styles, change the arrangements, choose different instruments, improvise, I would love to also have the ability to play the chords in realtime and have it recorded in realtime just like the I30 does in its Backing sequence mode. Then once I laid the Backing sequence, I love to play it back and overdubb in separate tracks my Melodies or what ever I wish... Then If I still want to do more, be able to send it as a SMF to my sequencer and do more editing. I think itts all posible specially with the power of todays pcs. But look here I am saying this and I havent even tried OMB.. Im going to try it out and I will report. Thanks so much for everything guys. You guys are truly awsome!!!

Cheers,

MusiKman

Musikman4Christ........

#129210 - 03/29/03 08:06 PM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
MusiKMan Offline

Guys, I have a soundcard that I dont have installed right now since im using the Built in soundcard. Its more stable for some reason. But, The reason I say this is because that sound card came with a free Yamaha YXG50 synthesizer and It tried to copy it from the cd, but when I tried to install it, it wouldnt install. Do I have to install the entire sound card drivers? If do, will it work even thought the actual soundcard is not on my motherboard?
Please let me know since I dont wannna mess up my system since itts working really nice. I want to use the synth as a module for playback. Can you please let me know if this is posible..

Thanks..
MusiKMan

Musikman4Christ........

#129211 - 03/30/03 02:38 AM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
Jos Maas Offline

Loc: Hantum, The Netherlands
MusikMan, don't install the drivers if you don't have the soundcard on board. I can imagine that the S-YXG50 version that you have is restricted to work only with the soundcard that it came with. You can try to download a trial version at http://www.yamaha.co.uk/xg/html/midplug/m_mid8.htm to see if that works any better.

By the way it seems that there can be a latency problem when you use a software synth in a live performance tool. But that can depend on how fast your PC is.

JM

#129212 - 03/30/03 10:21 AM Re: Need Advice regarding PC arranger software....
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I also have a Yamaha TXG50 softsynth and for your info this will not install in Windows XP.
Yamaha have never provided an update for XP

Graham Uk

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 03-30-2003).]

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online