SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#12657 - 10/28/04 04:47 PM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
My favorite sequencer program is 'Power Tracks', which at $49 (U.S.)...is the most reasonable, full featured program. Version 9 is amazing...you can make 'harmony' parts to your singing, automaticly.. (and correct the pitch of your singing). It allows you to mix midi and audio data.

I also use 'Cakewalk Express Gold Ver.6'(it came with my sound card bundle). I like it for the 'piano roll' editor.

A 'free' audio recording program (NOT MIDI)..is 'Audacity' ...download at: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Version 3 is really nice...lots of features. You would use this one to record the Casio tones, from the Casio headphone jack to the 'line in' of the sound card.

On your other trouble...how are you doing? I have more things for you to check, if you are still having trouble. Like:

1. With a new version of windows...it is possible that you didn't get the 'full' multimedia driver set loaded. You can fix this in the 'control pannel/ add-remove programs/ windows' then click 'off, then on', on the 'multimedia' box ...insert the windows disk...and it will load the whole driver set.

2. You may have the 'midi' slider turned down, or not enabled (so that the sound card can 'recieve' midi data). This is found in the soundcard volume controls (the RECORD screen)

3. If you want to use the 'B25' sounds...you want that program's 'input' driver selected..for your 'output' (another words the 'output' side of the midi driver selection). This is different than having the Casio play midi files from the computer. You are playing notes on the Casio, and 'hearing' the 'B52' sounds on the computer speakers.

Keep me posted

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 10-29-2004).]

#12658 - 10/30/04 01:58 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

Loc: france
send me a mail: oursongaby@aol.com
i'll send you picture to my configuration.
thanks

#12659 - 10/31/04 01:03 PM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
Jim Wintringham Offline

Are you still having trouble?

If so, just post your input and output driver list...or just try each of them. Remember, the 'input' drivers are for when you play the Casio, and hear it on the computer, and the 'output' drivers select where the midi song will play (computer or Casio)

#12660 - 11/05/04 12:27 PM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

yes, im in trouble!! Do you have GM MODE on your keyboard because i dont find it in my ctk and one friend use this settings to play midi

#12661 - 11/05/04 01:49 PM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
Jim Wintringham Offline

I have a wk3000, but it is most likely the same ...or close. When you play a midi, the GM bank is the 'default' that the Casio uses. This starts at 'tone' 300..to 427. Those are the 'standard' GM tones. So, if your friend makes a midi...you don't really need to set anything, for it to play correctly on your Casio...it is a default, automatic process.

You have never said if you can now play the Casio 'into' the computer. Is that working?

#12662 - 11/05/04 02:25 PM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

no it dont work, I sell it for buy a true pro digital piano!

#12663 - 11/06/04 01:45 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
wkStudio Offline

Loc: South Florida, USA
Switch the midi cables...

#12664 - 11/06/04 04:46 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

With the same cable situation, my master keyboard has work perferctly.

MY SETTINGS: ( Windows and FM7 )
http://fr.audiofanzine.com/commun/window.php?lien=/img/membres/normal/1/8/18886.jpg
http://fr.audiofanzine.com/commun/window.php?lien=/img/membres/normal/1/8/18885.jpg

"You have never said if you can now play the Casio 'into' the computer. Is that working?"
No, always

Thank very much for your post and help

#12665 - 11/06/04 09:49 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
Jim Wintringham Offline

It looks like you have installed the 'KX' drivers. I had lots of trouble with those drivers. You need to completely remove all the 'soundblaster' program, before you can get a 'good', working load. Also, there are different versions, for the different 'Windows' program you are using. The correct input driver is the 'kX uart kX Generic[D 400]'. If it isn't working...you may have to 'clean off the kX drivers', and reloads them.

It sounds like your basic problem remains, that you cann't get the 'Casio midi out' to work. To test the Casio, you could try connecting the 'Casio midi output jack' to another keyboard's 'midi input'...and see if it will make the other keyboard work (play the notes...as you play them on the Casio). That would tell you for sure that the Casio output jack is working. Next, I would try a different keyboard...connected to your same computer (using the same midi cables). This will tell you if the trouble is the computer settings, or midi cables. Finally, try your Casio with another computer (that is properly working with another midi keyboard). If it works, then try YOUR midi cables with the other computer. If it STILL works...you have a problem with your computer setup, for sure

You wrote: "With the same cable situation, my master keyboard has work perferctly."

Do you still have that keyboard...to try out your current computer setup? It would help to know if that keyboard works ...now.

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 11-07-2004).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online