SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#126601 - 11/03/01 08:55 AM Price of Ya PSR2000
Krix Offline

Loc: Linkoping, SWEDEN
Everybody talks about Ya PSR2000.
Somebody say it is an Ya PSR740+something,
somebody say it is a Ya PSR9000-something.
All are right I think.
But, what was the streetprice excl. taxes
of these k-boards half a year ago in your country?
What is the Kaye-price today of Ya PSR2000
excl taxes.

Krix

PS In Sweden we have 25% tax. DS

#126602 - 11/03/01 09:34 AM Re: Price of Ya PSR2000
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Krix,
Since you requested more information about pricing and I'm not here as a dealer just to sell keyboards but also to contribute information that I can share as a music store owner, I would like to explain what the major companys allow us as a "authorized" dealer to publish in both the print media and the internet media.
The "Kaye" price for the PSR2000 is $1195.00. The retail price as advertised by Yamaha is $1,495.00. The price of the PSR1000 is $929.00 with a retail price of $1195.00. I also include the vocal survival kit with the PSR2000 and just the survival kit with the PSR1000. The vocal kit includes a mic, case and cable, a floppy disk with 12 songs with harmony and lyrics, a two year extended warranty, yamaha headphones with volume control attached, and a foot pedal for sustain or anything else you want to use it for. Here in the United States Yamaha publishes two prices. A MSRP (manufactures suggested retail price) and a MAP price (the lowest price Yamaha will allow any US dealer to advertise both in print media and internet media. A store can decide to sell the product for anything they want, but are not allowed to advertise at their actual final price. Usually, if you call around, you will be able to find someone who will beat a price by a few to perhaps more than the advertised price. I've been around this forum now for about 3 years and if you ask people here at the arranger forum, you will get two opinions. Those who want only the "lowest" price, and those who want a fair price but also want to know if the dealer they are buying from will be there to support them and answer technical questions. In my case, and I can only speak for my store, I sell the "fair" price and the biggest plus being a helpful store. Day and and day out I receive phone calls from my customers who have bought a Yamaha, a Solton, a Korg, a Roland and they are stuck on not being able to do something or not thinking their keyboard can do something. I go to whatever source I can use to get them an answer. Most times I know it and if not I'm on the phone with the product managers from the companys.
My suggestion, buy from only the dealers who will support you. If not, eventually you will be left, at least here in the USA, with dealers with poor quality sales people, only interested in making a sale, but not understanding or having the time to give each customer the support they need.
I'm sorry I'm preaching here, but it is something I think many musicians in search of gear often time forget.
Regards,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#126603 - 11/03/01 09:56 AM Re: Price of Ya PSR2000
Krix Offline

I'm sorry I'm preaching here, but it is something I think many musicians in search of gear often time forget.
Regards,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California[/B][/QUOTE]

That was a very good and interesting "preach"! I consider you as one of the most contributing persons on this site!

Kind regards

Krix

#126604 - 11/03/01 03:14 PM Re: Price of Ya PSR2000
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I hope you don't mind, George, I send your post to my local dealer. He's a friend of mine, and I know he'll like what you said.
I got my 2000 from him, even though I have to pay sales tax, and it ends up costing a little more than some of the lower prices around the net.
DonM

#126605 - 11/03/01 04:08 PM Re: Price of Ya PSR2000
MR Bulk Offline

Loc: Mililani, Hawaii, USA
I must say I absolutely vouch for George Kaye. Even before I bought my PSR2000 from him, I had a question about editing auto-accompaniment chord events after a song was already recorded, something my 740 could NOT do. George not only asnwered my question, but in fact went to the trouble of contacting Yamaha directly to get the straight skinny as well.

Kudos to George, and that is why I now have a PSR2000 from Kaye's Music sitting right here in my den (alongside my four OTHER keyboards!).

Thanks again George. (BTW, you CAN edit them!)

------------------
Regards and Aloha,

Charlie
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Wong_Songs/index-1.html

Charlie
http://artists2.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/MR_Bulk/index-1.html

#126606 - 11/14/01 10:32 AM Re: Price of Ya PSR2000
Krix Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Krix:
Everybody talks about Ya PSR2000.
Somebody say it is an Ya PSR740+something,
somebody say it is a Ya PSR9000-something.
All are right I think.
But, what was the streetprice excl. taxes
of these k-boards half a year ago in your country?
What is the Kaye-price today of Ya PSR2000
excl taxes.

Krix

PS In Sweden we have 25% tax. DS

Gunnar !!!!!
Which is the price in Norway without MOMS?
(Vilket är priset i Norge utan MOMS (i Sverige 25%).

Krix

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online