SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#199946 - 11/13/01 05:14 PM PSR2000 : Is "Auto Fill-in" supported in Registration Memories? !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok, was this 'just my imagination' or what?

Yesterday, when I stored 'main variations' A,B,C,D, with the 'auto fill-in' button turned ON (lite up), into Registration Memory #s 1,2,3,4, respectively, I thought I remembered that, when I then selected each of these stored Registration Memories 1,2,3,4, that a 'fill-in' played during the 1st measure.

Today I tried repeating the same steps, and now NO 'fill-ins' are being played when I select the style variation from the Registration Memory buttons, even though the 'auto fill' button is turned ON. If I go back and select a different style variation, this time from one of the 'MAIN' A,B,C,D buttons themselves, I DO get the 'fill in' during the first measure. I'm wondering if there is a parameter on the keyboard which engages/disengages the auto fill in when using the Registration Memory buttons. On the 'Regist/Sequence/Freeze/Voice Set' screen page there is a place where you can freeze (ignore) the pedal functions, I turned this setting both on/off with no success in solving the problem.

Does selecting styles via the Registration Memory buttons support 'fill-in' playback or not? Was I just dreaming? I'm hoping other PSR2000 users can test this out on their keyboard and hopefully help me resolve this problem. Thanks in advance for help and feedback - Scott

#199947 - 11/13/01 06:15 PM Re: PSR2000 : Is "Auto Fill-in" supported in Registration Memories? !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
During our conversation, I misunderstood your problem. The screen I was talking about enables/disables the sequential selection of Registration memories by the footswitch(s). It is on the Regist/Freeze/Voice Set screen at the top right hand corner. I don't believe this addresses what you want it to do.
Don

#199948 - 11/13/01 07:23 PM Re: PSR2000 : Is "Auto Fill-in" supported in Registration Memories? !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Gang!
After some REPEATED experimentation, I FINALLY figured out WHY I was not hearing the desired 'fill ins' when selecting arranger style variation setups via Registration Memory buttons (1-8).

When you want to trigger BOTH the 'fill in' as well as the Main style variation itself via Registration Memory buttons (1-8), you MUST hold down Variation button (A,B,C, or D) and save the style setup into Registration Memory WHILE the selected variation (A,B,C,D) red light is FLASHING (as fill is playing).

If you want the Registration Memory Buttons (1-8) to trigger ONLY the style variation itself (without hearing the associated fill), you MUST wait till the red light STOPS flashing and is on steady (when only the style pattern is playing) before saving it to a specified Registration Memory.

Whew! I'm glad to have FINALLY figured out that out. I just hope this will help others here who might eventually encounter this on their PSR2000, because this detail doesn't seem to be covered in the manual. - Scott

PS: Don, enjoyed chatting with you on the phone today. Looks like a lot of us have gone PSR!

#199949 - 11/14/01 06:02 AM Re: PSR2000 : Is "Auto Fill-in" supported in Registration Memories? !
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
Thanks for discovering how to solve this problem. I'm sure the folks who created the manual had no idea that that is how to save the fill-in with the style variation. I just brought my 2000 home last week (upgrade from my original 540) and every day I discover new delights about this machine. I am very happy you have one because with your extensive experience, you will be a great resource for 2000 owners.

#199950 - 11/14/01 06:07 AM Re: PSR2000 : Is "Auto Fill-in" supported in Registration Memories? !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
On a somewhat-related topic: When starting to play a style, if you don't use an intro, and push a variation button once, the style begins with a fill. To have it begin without a fill, merely push the variation button twice before starting to play. I don't remember the other PSRs working this way, but I like it.
DonM

#199951 - 11/14/01 09:44 AM Re: PSR2000 : Is "Auto Fill-in" supported in Registration Memories? !
Krix Offline

Loc: Linkoping, SWEDEN
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
On a somewhat-related topic: When starting to play a style, if you don't use an intro, and push a variation button once, the style begins with a fill. To have it begin without a fill, merely push the variation button twice before starting to play. I don't remember the other PSRs working this way, but I like it.
DonM

If I want to play a Ciss; do I have to play it twice.

Krix

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online