SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#12647 - 10/27/04 10:16 AM CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

Loc: france
i have join midi cable to soundcard and in/out entry to my ctk 691.
When i wanna play with my computer it's dont work, please help me!

------------------

#12648 - 10/27/04 12:31 PM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
2 things... The midi cable is 'labled' from the computer's point if view, so the cable labled 'midi out' connects to the 'midi in' port on the Casio...then the other cable is easy
The other is...you need to select the correct 'path' for the midi data...this is found in the midi 'drivers'. you want the drivers that have the words 'in' and 'out' somewhere in their name.

Are you using a computer based music sequencer program, to play/record with?

#12649 - 10/28/04 01:26 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

with the setting keyboard. how activate midi function?

------------------

#12650 - 10/28/04 01:45 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

now i can play on my computer with the mouse on the virtual instrument and the sound go out mmy ctk 691!!I want the opposite!

#12651 - 10/28/04 04:01 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
Jim Wintringham Offline

What program are you using in the computer? You need some program that will route the midi input to the soundcard.....like this: http://www.pgmusic.com/powertracks.htm

#12652 - 10/28/04 04:08 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

i try to use casio data management but i can see a error when i refresh keybpard list:
TIMEOUT ERROR

my settings
midi input device:
Port MIDI SB Live! [D400]
midi output device:
Port MIDI SB Live! [D400]

#12653 - 10/28/04 08:22 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
Jim Wintringham Offline

The Casio software won't 'play' your sound card, it is used to load files into the Casio. Is this a different question? The 'time out' usually means that you have one of the 'drivers' set wrong (probably the computer's input driver...because of your last post, saying that computer out works)
What is the 'whole list' of drivers you have, and what type of computer (laptop/desktop) are you using?

I'm still asking what computer program are you trying to use..to get your Casio to 'play' the sound card? Please let me know...so that I can help you

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 10-28-2004).]

#12654 - 10/28/04 08:31 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

i use native instrument b52 and oxigen. last year i had a Roland 180a (master keyboard) -> All works perfect. I have Windows XP and Sounblaster Live platinium 5.1 ( with original drivers) . I think download KXproject drivers is a good choice, do you know?

#12655 - 10/28/04 10:53 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
Jim Wintringham Offline

I tried the KX drivers, and it took a LOT of effort to get it running. You need to completely remove all the SoundBlaster software...before loading in the KX program.
I didn't see much difference...for all the work, plus I lost the use of the SoundBlaster routines (like loading in different soundfonts). That could just be me though I am now back to the SoundBlaster drivers...and they work fine for me. The main thing the KX driver is ment to improve is the 'tracking' of your sounds.And it has some 'fancy' looking tone controlers. If you don't notice any 'delay' when playing a note on your Casio...and hearing it on the computer speaker....I wouldn't mess with the KX driver (my opinion).

I take it that the 'b52' is an organ simulation. That program should have a 'midi driver' list. You cann't hurt anything to try out the various drivers on the 'input' side of the choice list...untill you get the one that works. My guess is that the output is routed to the b52 'softsynth' driver...which would be like a 'soundfont'routine.

The same is true of the Casio software...try out the drivers untill you get the correct one. And remember...if you can play a midi file, and hear it play on the Casio (not the computer speakers)...you have the correct 'output' driver selected,for the Casio program.

So, you may need to select different drivers, for the different programs ...as you use them.

I don't think either of your programs are 'sequencers', though (I'm not sure). Did you check out the 'Power Tracks' program link I posted? That is the type of program that will let you record your playing to the Computer as 'midi data'..... or using the Casio's headphone jack connected to the soundcard 'line in' jack....you can record the actual Casio tones, as 'audio' recording (like a tape recorder).

Let me know how things work out for you

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 10-28-2004).]

#12656 - 10/28/04 11:37 AM Re: CTK 691 don't work like master keyboard
oursongaby Offline

your program is unfortunatly not fre ;-( . but i can get cubase who is a sequencer and play with VTS instrument. Yes when i play midi file, sound go out to my ctk 691!
thanks you very much, really, its very cool for me to read your post, thannkkss! :-)
What is the best sequencer for you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online