SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#126368 - 12/19/05 06:09 PM Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
Look - it's so beautiful...i tried one in a guitar center..several times...and i love it...i simply love the instrument - some guy showed me a bit of what the kb can do...he chose some bright strings.. ( trance - house things ) and played something right in the front of me... ON A MOTIF 6 not even motif ES7 - and i was stunned...i was amazed and i love it since. I love the arpeggios..and i love the ability of creating a song from scratch in 10 minutes...." just choose a drum set...beat something short and the keyboard will beat it for you continuously till you stop it...then record a bright strings thing..like the trance ones...( or use the arpeggios ) and there you go..put a bass...put everything you need ...and you really have the song - I love IT ! please tell me what to do...I'm willing to buy it....for christmas...i don't know if i can do that with my va76....and that's why i'm so fascinated about the MOTIF SERIES !!

Look at this Piece Of Art ! - http://pictures.yamaha-europe.com/pictur...s7_high_jpg.jpg

Regards,

claudiu

[This message has been edited by claudiu (edited 12-20-2005).]

#126369 - 12/20/05 12:41 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
The MOTIF is a great keyboard but the OS is not easy to master. The VA76 is Childs play to learn against the Motif. The Roland Fantom OS is easier and I would suggest you look at this before deciding to buy the Motif.
You can do all the things you list on the VA that you already have.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 12-20-2005).]

#126370 - 12/20/05 02:35 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Dont forget the other silver dream machine TYROS2 sounds even better. Go try it out.. Oh and welcome to yamaha..for the peformance of your life tyros2 has curves in places other keyboards dont even have places

#126371 - 12/20/05 05:10 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
With your VA76 you can create a style. Once that style is created you can change chords on-the-fly. You can't do that with the Motif.
Starkeeper

#126372 - 12/20/05 06:25 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

You can do all the things you list on the VA that you already have.

How?...trance? how ?

[This message has been edited by claudiu (edited 12-20-2005).]

#126373 - 12/20/05 06:30 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
claudiu Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rolandfan:
Dont forget the other silver dream machine TYROS2 sounds even better. Go try it out.. Oh and welcome to yamaha..for the peformance of your life tyros2 has curves in places other keyboards dont even have places

I haven't seen one in any guitar center so far..

#126374 - 12/20/05 06:30 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I wouldn't suggest attempting "trance" on an arranger. You really need something like a Motif for that. Reason is you need some deep and heavy synths sounds (which the Motif has). You'll also need "pattern chaining", which is much more efficient to use when recording styles such as 'trance".

The Motif does pattern chaining. I'm not sure how in depth the sequencer is on the VA.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#126375 - 12/20/05 08:38 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Claudiu. I believe you have only had the VA for about 5 minutes. You have not given yourself time to know what the VA can do yet. You need to spend time delving into the VA and treat it as a learning curve for the next 12 months.
Everything you learn on the VA will enable you to make a better choice of your next keyboard because you will then be much wiser.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 12-20-2005).]

#126376 - 12/20/05 08:46 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
One person says 'pattern chaining', another could say 'style changing'. There is nothing in trance that can't be done MORE interactively on an arranger if you take the time to program the styles yourself. The problem is, few people program their own styles (and if truth be known, most Motif users probably just widdle around with the built-in arpeggios and phrases) and so fail to realize how flexible a good arranger can be.

The VA76 sound selection may not be the best for trance, but a PA1X has a good selection for this style, and with work, the G70 can get some deep-dish sounds, probably Tyros2 would work too, but no-one is going to know how well these styles adapt until the manufacturers start packing these keyboards with more contemporary styles and ditch the polkas!

If only the voicing teams from the Motif and Triton and FantomX would get turned loose on the Tyros and PA1X and G70, more young players would get excited about arrangers, whose ease-of-use is FAR greater than the average workstation..........

(And claudiu.......... before you get too excited about a preset demonstration of a new keyboard, try to get the demonstrator to create a NEW set of arpeggios and phrases, and realize what hard work it is to get beyond the factory presets. You have to understand what incredibly talented people the manufacturers have to program these little snippets. If it was THAT easy, everyone could do it!)

#126377 - 12/20/05 08:48 AM Re: Yamaha Motif - A piece of ART ?...Yeah.....
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Grahams right, spend time learning the OS on your VA. When you get a really good handle on your current keyboards operating system, and basic functions, it makes your next buy nicer because you spent time learning the ins and outs Your VA is a VERY good arranger and you can do some really good work with that puppy--wish I had one, but I already got several big toys for Christmas, New Pool Table, New Gun, CD's, Fostex MR-8 digital recorder, and a few other things I haven't seen yet

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online