SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#12598 - 10/12/04 06:59 AM Casio note fix
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
I just had a note quit, and decided to 'open up' the insides...to see if I could fix it. I took pictures, and made a document to show the details.
Here is a link to the document, and I give free use of the post, if this forum wants to add the file to their resources. I have a small web page..so I will not be able to keep this link up for very long. To save this document...do a right click, and a 'save as'. It is a Microsoft Word formated doc. A left click will just open it up to view. http://www.udata.com/users/jkwintringham/cnf.doc

[This message has been edited by Jim Wintringham (edited 10-12-2004).]

#12599 - 10/12/04 02:10 PM Re: Casio note fix
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Well Jim...did you fix the note?

#12600 - 10/12/04 02:13 PM Re: Casio note fix
sminhinnick Offline

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Thanks, Jim.

I had to open up my wk3000 for the first time two days ago after my 3 year old walked on it, and collapsed the stand, keyboard and himself to the floor.

Luckily he wasn't hurt, but my sustain pedal was crushed and the keyboard's power on/off button (where he had been standing) got pushed in.

When I opened up the keyboard the scariest thing was the number of screws I had to remove. Then it took a while until I figured out it was easiest to put the keyboard back on it's base to remove the top - rather than leave it upside down.

The cause of the button problem was that the corner of the power button's circuit board was snapped off at the screw hole. I created a plastic washer to hold that corner of the board, and put the screw throught it and tightened it up. The on/off button now works perfectly.

I would have been much less confident of opening the case if I had not read your notes on adding a line-out. It really helps to know that folks have "been there, done that" before.

Stephen

#12601 - 10/13/04 08:40 AM Re: Casio note fix
Jim Wintringham Offline

Loc: Forest, Oh., U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Well Jim...did you fix the note?

Yes it did.

I think my problem might have been a result of my grandkids playing style (pounding on the keys).... But it was fixed.
One other thing I thought of...there is an opening into the main body of the keyboard...right by the middle section. I wish I had tipped the keyboard away from that direction...as I dropped one screw, and it went right in the hole. So, I got to remove all the screws also , Stephen!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online