SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#124562 - 06/23/07 08:58 PM Bose L1 ll in action tonight !
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hi gang! Just got back from the 50th HS reunion that marked the debut of my new Bose system! I mailed off the old one this afternoon, so there's no going back now !
(Look for it on Wednesday or Thursday, Wally ! )

So ...... Pluses:
1) footprint
2) weight of powerstand
3) angled tweeters - better spread
4) smoother response - vocals especially
5) improved handle design on cases
6) easier teardown - the poles no longer "lock" into each other and the base. The weight and gravity holds them in place.

Minuses:
1) Lotsa ca$h
2) can't leave the powerstand in the case during operation - (Sorry Don !)
3) no EQ or remote volume till the T1 ships
4) your wives will never see the difference
5) your wives will never hear the difference
6) your wives will be mad,
cuz you're gonna get one ANYWAY !

** OK, now the details:
There is not a night and day difference from the old PAS. There is a slightly improved presence in the vocal range that I noticed right away, and when the clas president was speaking, dry into a BetaSM58 - it was AMAZING¡K. So clear and articulate, all around the room. (Bose is famous for that anyway !)
The setup/teardown factor is better by a smidgen. I finished exactly at 10PM. I was IN the car at 10:15. Packed up, paid and hands shook. It's a thing of beauty !

There is not much I can say till the T1 comes in, because i didn't get the benefit of the Preset models or the digital FX. I bought a teeny-tiny Rolls Monitor mixer and routed the psr3k ( with my mic ) into the instrument jack, the Beta58 (for guest speakers) into the XLR mic input, and my laptop for breaks and MP3s into the line input. All three signals are sent to the analog input of the Bose and it was wonderful.
When the T1 comes in ¡V I¡¦ll post more, because it¡¦s not really fair to judge yet. The system does have an edge in setup and sizzle ¡K. But it¡¦s not mindblowing. Maybe with the dedicated mixer and presets I¡¦ll see a bigger improvement.
No matter what the outcome ¡V I needed the newest system anyway. I can¡¦t have stuff that¡¦s out of warrantee ! :ƒº

Ok ¡V that¡¦s it for tonight¡Kmore to come.

#124563 - 06/23/07 10:32 PM Re: Bose L1 ll in action tonight !
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, glad you like it. Too bad you can't leave the base unit in the case, as you can with the System 1.
Sorry I missed your call this evening. I was still killing golf balls.
DonM

#124564 - 06/24/07 04:04 AM Re: Bose L1 ll in action tonight !
Dnj Offline

Dave good luck with the new system.....show it to me soon after breakfast and a dip in the pool

#124565 - 06/24/07 12:54 PM Re: Bose L1 ll in action tonight !
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Man, quit fooling around with those "toys"! I have an original Rudy Valley megaphone that would work perfectly with your style (and age)
All ya gotta do is drive another 20 hours to come get it. Plus, for a limited time, I'll throw in a "bakers dozen" of "designer" Kentucky Nuggets...Secretariat, no less....REALLY!

"Redneck" Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online