SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#123844 - 11/24/05 10:30 AM Re: What are you really looking for?
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Zalmi,
"sharing" is truly a beautiful concept, which implies an "offer" as well. I wish that this concept was more widespread!

So, a question arises to my mind: do we post music because we are willing to offer or to receive? (advice, praise, self-promotion...)

#123845 - 11/24/05 11:19 AM Re: What are you really looking for?
tcon Offline

Loc: Pinellas Park.Florida. usa
My mother used to say an ounce of praise is worth a ton of criticism.I hope all those who post there music here will continue to so.I for one learn from everything I hear be it good bad or indiferent.There is always a phrase or mabe a lick that I haven't heard before in even the most modest performance.I love to hear people at least try to play create or perform in any kind of musical field.It keeps our art alive.Terry

#123846 - 11/25/05 01:13 AM Re: What are you really looking for?
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
As a nine year old and a boy soprano I was rejected by a teacher from a school choir in a blunt offhand way with no explanation.
It was five years before I got over being emotionally hurt.
I realise now that the voice stood out over the other children and I was a little over enthusiastic.
An explanation by the teacher would have stopped all the hurt.
Eleven years ago at sixty I decided to perform as I though fit and if I made a fool of myself I only had a few years left to live it down.
I have been having a wow of a time since.
Cousin Ken

#123847 - 11/25/05 01:17 AM Re: What are you really looking for?
Caragabal Offline

Loc: Hobart Tasmania Australia
As a nine year old and a boy soprano I was rejected by a teacher from a school choir in a blunt offhand way with no explanation.
It was five years before I got over being emotionally hurt.
I realise now that the voice stood out over the other children and I was a little over enthusiastic.
An explanation by the teacher would have stopped all the hurt.
Eleven years ago at sixty I decided to perform as I though fit and if I made a fool of myself I only had a few years left to live it down.
I have been having a wow of a time since.
Cousin Ken

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online