SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#123762 - 12/02/05 03:20 PM Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I just got a Korg PA1Xpro. It is overwhelming to say the least. I’ve played midi accordion - one-man-band gigs - with a Korg i5M then an i40M for years. A couple of years ago, on a visit to the Jersey shore, I was awestruck by a single act keyboardist. I thought that even at my advanced age, I wanted to make a change and do what that guy was doing. This thought haunted me for all this time and now I’m going to give it a try. I have been reading old posts to learn the language of this new electronic genre. While perusing the archives, I discovered that the keyboardist that planted the seed is a frequent contributor to this forum – Uncle Dave aka Dave Boyd. I saw him at the Crab Trap in Somers Point. As I said in a previous post, I am impressed with the talent of the members of the SZ and their willingness to share. The other guy I want to be like is Donny Pesce, seems like one of the all around entertainers and super nice guys on the site. At any rate, seems like a daunting task - getting one of these super arrangers to work like it should. After all these years of pushing buttons with the left hand, my left hand flopped around like a piece of meat. I can manage to plunk out basic chords however, and so far I am having a grand time. Although it looks like the Tyros players are in the majority here, I’m sure I can get the answers to the many questions I’ll have about getting this keyboard mastered or at least tame enough so that it makes acceptable music.
Ciao,
Jerry

#123763 - 12/02/05 05:34 PM Re: Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Welcome to the forums Jerry and congratulations

You have made a good choice. The PA1X Pro is more than I could ever expect from a keyboard. I don't regret owning it a bit. In fact it's the only keyboard right now that I would never part with

I'm sure you'll find a lot of info here, and yes some of us do own Korgs...

again welcome and don't be affraid to ask if you'll have a question or two.

cheers,

ccdmax

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg PA1X Pro, Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 on it's way smile

#123764 - 12/03/05 11:32 AM Re: Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
Dnj Offline

Jerry.......

Good luck in your new musical ventures...
If I can be of any help to you just shout ok?

Donny NJ

#123765 - 12/03/05 11:52 AM Re: Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
silva Offline

Loc: Lisbon, Portugal
Hi Jerry T:
Congrats

#123766 - 12/03/05 12:40 PM Re: Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
DannyUK Offline

Hi!

Well done on your purchase, and yes the PA1X series is great, i own the PA1X and i am absolutely happy with it, it's the best keyboard i've owned so far, previous to that i owned the PA80 & Ketron X1.

The PA1X does everything i want it to do and more, i cannot see myself changing to another board for a very very long time - if at all!

[This message has been edited by DannyUK (edited 12-03-2005).]

#123767 - 12/04/05 01:50 AM Re: Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Jerry
Here is a link that might interest you, as being a Midi device it could be added to your Korg, so that you could still use your Accordion skills. http://www.musictech-midi.com/docs/prodotti/masterkeyboard.asp

Bill

#123768 - 12/04/05 05:47 AM Re: Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jerry,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on taking that first step to being an OMB entertainer. You have purchased an excellent keyboard and there are lots of folks here that can provide you with both assistance and information for both the keyboard's operation and, the OMB business.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#123769 - 12/04/05 09:36 AM Re: Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi and welcome to the Forum, Congratulations in your PA1X Pro.....Very nice board, I have it's smaller brother, the PA60.

#123770 - 12/04/05 12:05 PM Re: Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
hello Danny UK,

Weren't you the guy who wanted my Korgstyles CDrom a couple of months ago in return for a large box of PGtips tea ? A promise you miserably failed to keep, I am sad to say...........
john smies
Holland

#123771 - 12/05/05 05:22 AM Re: Got a Korg PA1Xpro, Hello 21st century(gulp)
dschultze Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Jerry,

Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your PA1X. I'm also a PA1X owner and there's also a few more of us out there on the Synthzone forum.

You might want to take a trip over to the Korg Forums too:
http://www.korgforums.com

There's a dedicated PA1X forum there.

Enjoy you PA!

David.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online