I just got a Korg PA1Xpro. It is overwhelming to say the least. I’ve played midi accordion - one-man-band gigs - with a Korg i5M then an i40M for years. A couple of years ago, on a visit to the Jersey shore, I was awestruck by a single act keyboardist. I thought that even at my advanced age, I wanted to make a change and do what that guy was doing. This thought haunted me for all this time and now I’m going to give it a try. I have been reading old posts to learn the language of this new electronic genre. While perusing the archives, I discovered that the keyboardist that planted the seed is a frequent contributor to this forum – Uncle Dave aka Dave Boyd. I saw him at the Crab Trap in Somers Point. As I said in a previous post, I am impressed with the talent of the members of the SZ and their willingness to share. The other guy I want to be like is Donny Pesce, seems like one of the all around entertainers and super nice guys on the site. At any rate, seems like a daunting task - getting one of these super arrangers to work like it should. After all these years of pushing buttons with the left hand, my left hand flopped around like a piece of meat. I can manage to plunk out basic chords however, and so far I am having a grand time. Although it looks like the Tyros players are in the majority here, I’m sure I can get the answers to the many questions I’ll have about getting this keyboard mastered or at least tame enough so that it makes acceptable music.
Ciao,
Jerry