SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#123519 - 08/14/06 09:57 AM Tyros 2 Video Demo
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
In case anyone is interested here is Glynn Madden who is an English Yamaha demonstrator playing an unusual version of "God rest ye Merry Gentlemen".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvKvEmibpgM

Using automatics with programmed breaks.

Regards - KF

#123520 - 08/14/06 11:47 AM Re: Tyros 2 Video Demo
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
You mean by James Woodcock don't you?

Still, a very well played song. The synth sound gave a unique flair to it.

I'm still waiting for my 76 key Tyros 2/3 version. Whadda ya' say Yammie? Are you going to wait until Roland and Korg force you to do it instead of doing it because you want to please a multitude of musicians out there who won't settle for 61 keys yet would scoop up a 76 key Tyros 2/3 in a heartbeat?

I noticed James was at his left hand limit a lot of times. It would be nice to have a little more breathing room especially for comping Piano bass parts among other things.

I am hoping Roland will come out with a 76 key high-end E series that will be around the 35 lb. range. That would sure stir the pot a bit huh?

Best regards,
Mike

#123521 - 08/14/06 12:18 PM Re: Tyros 2 Video Demo
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
I thought KFingers meant this should be James playing but searching Google for Glynn Madden and God rest ye Merry Gentlemen does bring quite a few responses up, so is it definitely Glynn playing or James Woodcock?

#123522 - 08/14/06 12:26 PM Re: Tyros 2 Video Demo
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
This was posted by someone earlier this year. I also believe that it was determined to be a Tyros 1 that was being played. Not meant an anyway to take away from the great work of the musician. Just commentary regarding the nature of this thread.

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online